Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill co basketball 21-22 season.
Looking forward to this season. What does everyone think they will do.
All depends on if Napier stays or not. Sounds like mixed emotions if im hearing correctly.

Also heard Estill supposedly got 2 new players from Owsley County. Not sure how true those are.

Hearing Estill maybe in the KY Bank Challenge at Rowan County. They are in the Bath County tourney at the end of December.
I’m not sure what you mean by mixed emotions. It will be interesting to see what kind of schedule hall puts together for this season though.
Estill should be favored in the district i would imagine regardless of what happens with Napier.
Any announcements on replacements for the assistant coaches?
I'm assuming Benton is staying on, not sure who the other assistant would be.

Any news on the schedule? I've not heard anything
Napier will be a huge loss if it’s true he has transferred to Perry. Weakens them considerably.
(07-20-2021, 10:13 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: Napier will be a huge loss if it’s true he has transferred to Perry. Weakens them considerably.

What is anybody hearing about this?
School starts in a few weeks.
Loss of Napier gonna hurt big time.
TBA - Estill County Citizens Guaranty Bank Pan-O-Rama

Sat. TBA - Williamsburg Pan-O-Rama

November:

Tues. 30th @ Berea - 7:30 PM

December:
Fri. 3rd: Sayre - 7:30 PM
Tues. 7th: Bluegrass United Home School (Lex KY) 7:30 PM
Fri. 10th: @ Wolfe County 7:30 PM
Mon. 13th: @ Model 7:30 PM
Tues. 14th: Woodford County 7:30 PM
Fri. 17th: Lee County* 
Sat. 18th: @ Rowan County (KY Bank Challenge)**
Tues. 21st: Owsley County*
Tues. 28th: TBA*** 
Wed. 29th: TBA***
Thurs. 30th: TBA***

January:
Tues. 4th: Wellspring Guardians Home School (Richmond KY) 7:30 PM
Fri. 7th: Powell County*
Tues. 11th: Madison Southern 7:30 PM
Fri. 14th: @ Lee County*
Sat. 15th: Letcher County Central 3:30 PM
Tues. 18th: @ Owsley County*
Fri. 21st: @ Powell County*
Sat. 22nd: @ Bell County 3:30 PM
Tues. 25th: @ Southwestern 7:30 PM
Sat. 29th: @ Jackson County 7:30 PM

February:
Tues. 1st: Trinity Christian (Lex KY) 7:30 PM
Fri. 4th: Wolfe County 7:30 PM
Tues. 8th: Wellspring Guardians (Richmond KY Home School) 7:30 PM
Fri. 11th: Hazard 7:30 PM
Tues. 15th: Breathitt County 7:30 PM
Fri. 18th: Menifee County

*District Game
**Rowan County KY Bank Challenge
***Bath County Dan Swartz Classic (Possibly playing Elliott County in first round then either Jenkins or Bath).

This is the schedule as of now. I'm assuming more will be added but that's all I've got.
Wondering how many of these games they will actually get to play with covid? A little early i suppose to speculate.
I wonder if any of the football transfers Estill got over the summer will play basketball?
Coach Hall has added Floyd Central as an away game on Wed. Dec. 22nd at 4:30.
Will Estill be in the 3 rivers conference with Buckhorn, Jackson City, and Breathitt?
(09-13-2021, 04:07 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Will Estill be in the 3 rivers conference with Buckhorn, Jackson City, and Breathitt?

Not sure. Haven't heard. I know they are in the Bath County tourney at the end of December.
I look for Benton, Beeler and Isfort to have a big year with Willis and Rose and Hardy to be contributors as well.
At this point I think the district is Estill's to lose. IMO Estill over Powell to cut the nets.
(10-22-2021, 07:46 PM)Send It Wrote: I look for Benton, Beeler and Isfort to have a big year with Willis and Rose and Hardy to be contributors as well.
At this point I think the district is Estill's to lose. IMO Estill over Powell to cut the nets.

I wonder if any of the transfers Estill got over the summer for football will play basketball? The two Scenters kids and the Stephens kids.
Coach Hall has added several new teams to the schedule with all being away. Floyd Central, Cordia and Somerset. Estill doesn't appear to be playing any of the home schools this year like they did last season.

Cordia game takes the place of the scheduled home game against Menifee County that's no longer on the schedule.

Estill will play Russell at 4:45 in the opening round of the Dan Swartz Classic at Bath County. They will then either play Ryle or West Carter.