Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 WYMT Mountain Classic Field
Looks like defending champion Knox Central is in the field along with Breathitt County and Shelby Valley according to KHSAA. Who are the other 5 teams and when will the bracket be released. With it being at Knott County Central this year, I would assume they would be in it as well. 
If anybody knows the field post below.
Looks like
Breathitt County
Knox Central
Paintsville
Shelby Valley

KHSAA shows these schools open during week of WYMT Tournament, wonder who the last 4 schools are. I’d say Knott County Central will be in with them being the host

Clay County
North Laurel
Knott County Central
Perry County Central
Estill County
Johnson Central
East Ridge
Belfry

If anyone knows the field or matchups post here
Knott Central should be the host school this year, I'd guess they'd be in it.
Boys
Martin county vs. Perry central
Pikeville vs. Breathitt county
Belfry vs. Clay county
Hazard vs. North laurel
That's my field
Clay lost five starters. I can't see them in the field.
Saw on the KHSAA site today Johnson Central and Perry Central also are in the field.
(09-13-2021, 06:33 PM)clipperw Wrote: Saw on the KHSAA site today Johnson Central and Perry Central also are in the field.

Per KHSAA (6 out of 8 teams listed)

From 13th- Knox Central

From 14th- Breathitt County, Perry County Central

From 15th- Paintsville, Johnson Central, Shelby Valley

I would assume Knott County Central from 14th will be there since they are hosting.

Leaves one team left probably someone from the 13th. Does anybody know when WYMT will release the teams and bracket?
Harlan and Knott are the other two - according to WYMT today
[-] The following 1 user Likes HCS's post:
  • nemo
Should be a good field. When will the bracket be released?
[Image:

]

Mortys be rocking to Psycho by Jucee Froot baby! Song sort of scares ole Fatpat but like the rhythm and da beat bolz! Come one come all to the greatest show on earth under lights with Big Bizness bruthas!  #thisisourhouse  #timetoriseliketroublesome  More mash taters please!!!
^
Ole fat pat in his younger years when he was sporting his hippie hair.
#guyonanelk
Always one of the best early season tournaments. Coach Akal has a very good team at Harlan. With his son Jordan leading the way. They should make some noise in this tournament.
(11-03-2021, 12:09 PM)Grinch1 Wrote: Always one of the best early season tournaments. Coach Akal has a very good team at Harlan. With his son Jordan leading the way. They should make some noise in this tournament.

Harlan has a very good team.
WYMT Mountain Classic Bracket hosted by Knott County Central.

Tuesday December 7th:
Knox Central
Shelby Valley 6 PM

Breathitt County
Johnson Central 7:45

Wednesday December 8th:
Harlan
Knott Central 6 PM

Paintsville
Perry Central 7:45

Semifinals Friday, December 10th
Consolation/Championship games Saturday, December 11th.
(11-04-2021, 04:37 PM)Huck Fin Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 12:09 PM)Grinch1 Wrote: Always one of the best early season tournaments.  Coach Akal has a very good team at Harlan. With his son Jordan leading the way.  They should make some noise in this tournament.

Harlan has a very good team.
I agree.  J. Akal could be in conversation for one of the best seniors in the state.  I’m a big fan of his and his Dad is a very good coach.  I think they will surprise a lot of people this year.