3. Wolfe County
4. Knott County
5. Hazard
6. Cordia
7. Letcher Central
8. Estill County
9. Leslie County
10. Lee County
I can’t take any list serious if Austin Sperry is not #1. The kid is pretty far above the competition.
(11-02-2021, 12:19 AM)TakeOver12 Wrote: I can’t take any list serious if Austin Sperry is not #1. The kid is pretty far above the competition.
I have not seen a list where he is #1. Has to be a better shooter to be far about the competition.
Lol if you talk to the Breathitt parents I’m going to guess that several of them would say their kid is the best player on the team. Which is going to be a really big issue. Every kid that Breathitt will play this year is a scoring/shooting 1st player. Coach Noble’s biggest challenge will be getting some of them to accept new roles. During the summer the games are just glorified pickup games. No teams gameplan and the games are all uptempo. When the real season starts teams aren’t going. To let Breathitt just run and gun which means that there’s not going to be near as many shots to go around.
(11-02-2021, 12:46 AM)Historian Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 12:19 AM)TakeOver12 Wrote: I can’t take any list serious if Austin Sperry is not #1. The kid is pretty far above the competition.
I have not seen a list where he is #1. Has to be a better shooter to be far about the competition.
He’s a nice player. But right now he’s not above the likes of naz Welch, I know he’s a freshman and has potential to pass him, but no not right now, he’s not the clear #1   That’s just absurd to even say that.
Season starts in 2 weeks.
Let's have this discussion again in 2 months.
Naz Welch hasnt won nothing at Cordia. Best player as far as taking care of business is Beverly. Now if you want to go by scoring stats, Welch. But when it comes to winning and losing Id want Beverly.
(11-02-2021, 11:19 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Naz Welch hasnt won nothing at Cordia.  Best player as far as taking care of business is Beverly.  Now if you want to go by scoring stats, Welch.  But when it comes to winning and losing Id want Beverly.
I like Beverly a lot, but it's hard to use the winning and losing argument since Perry was 9-14 last season and 13-18 the year before.  Collins has the most talent, but his motor is questionable at times.  If he stays close to the lane and doesn't wonder out around the arc, he will be hard to stop.
Ole fatpat going to give lil harry a real list bolz....  Entourage met this morning and still mad as h@!! about football seazon.  Roy said wez got to right the ship and make this basketball season EPiC.  All my bruthas started head nodding and named the basketball tour Empty Plate Club tour (EPiC, that's right my friendz).  Not only wez be tearing up gymnasiums and concessions across the region, but wez be tearin up every buffet in operation.  The Joker made a call and had hotroddy open up his buffet to get our conditioning going, wowza.  Joker has some major connections. 

Now with the Empty Plate Club top five list:

1. Makenzie (Perry) - boy has talent; eats real well and pushes his weight around
2. Hoskins (Breathitt) - nutha biggun in the middle; ole fp been workin with his fork skills a lil
3. Ritchie (Wolfe) - boy has big potential; like his scoop size at the buffet table
4.  Shepherd (Knott) - eats like a starvin horse but works it off; got to keep them pounds on; plays like a rooster being chased
5. D. Slone (Knott) - dis boi is the protege of brown sugar; call him white sugar; plans to hold welch grape juice to singly digits

More mash taters please!!!

[Image:

]
[-] The following 1 user Likes fatpatfan's post:
  • roundballer
Just because you play AAU ball, doesn’t automatically make you the top player in the region. Sperry is going to be a fantastic player, but at this point, no way he’s ranked above Tolson. Same goes for Beverly. I’ve seen him play several times and he’s a solid player, but he’s never going to be his cousin. I can see, just by his size and athleticism, ranking Collins so high. But no way Tolson drops all the way down to 6th best player in the region. He’s at least top 3 or 4. I expect him to have a great season, taking the extra year is going to really help him mature, both mentally and physically.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wolfeman's post:
  • roundballer
(11-02-2021, 01:13 AM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: Lol if you talk to the Breathitt parents I’m going to guess that several of them would say their kid is the best player on the team. Which is going to be a really big issue. Every kid that Breathitt will play this year is a scoring/shooting 1st player. Coach Noble’s biggest challenge will be getting some of them to accept new roles. During the summer the games are just glorified pickup games. No teams gameplan and the games are all uptempo. When the real season starts teams aren’t going. To let Breathitt just run and gun which means that there’s not going to be near as many shots to go around.
It didn't seem to be an issue for Breathitt last year. Played pretty good team ball I thought. Why would this year be different?
I think it was an issue last year. Was just more internal. I hear several parents/fans were unhappy about shot selection/playing time/substitution patterns. Also hear that Coach Noble could be on the "hot seat". And if they don't do something this season, his job could be in jeopardy.
Adding a player of Collins caliber will definitely make a team better. But he is also is going to be taking away shots away from others.
Team chemistry could be an issue. As well as keeping certain parents happy.
(11-03-2021, 10:31 AM)catsrule Wrote: I think it was an issue last year.  Was just more internal.  I hear several parents/fans were unhappy about shot selection/playing time/substitution patterns.    Also hear that Coach Noble could be on the "hot seat".  And if they don't do something this season, his job could be in jeopardy.
Adding a player of Collins caliber will definitely make a team better.  But he is also is going to be taking away shots away from others. 
Team chemistry could be an issue.  As well as keeping certain parents happy.
I guess we're talking about two different things maybe. I was talking about how the team played together and I guess you're talking about parents and fans? Collins takes the place of a kid who averaged double figures himself and watching some summer ball the team seemed to enjoy the assist part of the game. 
Every year on every team there's parents and fans who are sure they would make a better coach. I just don't see sewing negative stuff when it's just speculation.
Noble in the HOT SEAT? Come on, who else is gonna come to Breathitt and coach thats even half the coach he is? No big name coach gonna move in to Jtown. Noble can retire there or probably come back to Perry any time he wants. I do think Breathitt has some nice athletes but I think Perry has more better basketball players. Landon Napier is eligible at PCC and that makes them a much better all around team. And considering half Perrys team is almost 20, that makes a difference to. Very experienced.
I think with Napier eligible that makes PCC them better team and the favorite. With Breathitt time will tell. I caught a few of their games last year and they have talent. They just need to learn to play together. Beverly at Perry is a very good leader and makes sure his team is cohesive.
Looking forward to PCC/Breathitt showdown. I have a feeling that a fellar could make a highlight video from this game alone. Both teams are talented and I predict an all out war and great atmosphere. I am going with an"upset" if you will and going with a W for PCC.
Forget what has happened in the past. This year's team at PCC is special. You heard it here first.
(11-02-2021, 11:31 AM)Historian Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 11:19 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Naz Welch hasnt won nothing at Cordia.  Best player as far as taking care of business is Beverly.  Now if you want to go by scoring stats, Welch.  But when it comes to winning and losing Id want Beverly.
I like Beverly a lot, but it's hard to use the winning and losing argument since Perry was 9-14 last season and 13-18 the year before.  Collins has the most talent, but his motor is questionable at times.  If he stays close to the lane and doesn't wonder out around the arc, he will be hard to stop.

Last season is in the books.
Its a new day,friend.
Collins takes more shots in a quarter than Christie did in a game. He has had a green light every game he’s ever played in high school and now you think he is going to be ok with just being one of the guys and taking 10-12 shots a game on a good night. Sperry will handle the ball and will make sure he gets his so it’s up to everyone else to be happy with what they get.
(11-03-2021, 07:10 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: Collins takes more shots in a quarter than Christie did in a game. He has had a green light every game he’s ever played in high school and now you think he is going to be ok with just being one of the guys and taking 10-12 shots a game on a good night. Sperry will handle the ball and will make sure he gets his so it’s up to everyone else to be happy with what they get.
Didn't want to spend time checking too deep but Breathitt and Buckhorn played twice last year. Both Collins and Sperry averaged 12 shots per game. In first game 3 of Buckhorn's players took more shots then Collins. Guess you just see a problem that I don't.