Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central In Search Of A New head Football Coach?
Knox Central coach Fred Hoskins was named as the new principal of Knox County Middle School:

https://kcps.news/featured/hoskins-named...pNU0Qhohkk

I assume that means Knox Central is now searching for a new head coach for football. Correct me if I'm wrong.
He could do both, but that article certainly reads like he's done coaching.
Word on the streets of the big City is he is going to do both this year. And they will hire a new coach after the season is over
This program headed back down to the middle of the pack.
Should have never got rid of Coach Russell, what everyone said was gonna happen to the program happened, it just happened a few years after the screw job with a the new coach.
Since when was Knox ever on top of the pack?
Depends how u divide the packs I guess. Semifinal appearance two year ago… or three maybe that’s pretty good IMO…. But anyways they aren’t gonna be there anytime soon.
I don’t know if they where ever considered top of the pack but there was a time I definitely seen them as trending that way. They beat a very talented Franklin Co in 2018 to reach the semis but lost to Johnson Central who would probably have beaten most teams in the state regardless of class. They definitely underperformed in the years after all the talent was there for them to take steps forward.
Looks like Knox Central hired a football coach last night. I’m more confused than ever on what’s going on. Looks likes Coach Hoskins is going to stick around and help or something for the next couple years.
(07-28-2021, 04:00 PM)insideinfo Wrote: Looks like Knox Central hired a football coach last night. I’m more confused than ever on what’s going on. Looks likes Coach Hoskins is going to stick around and help or something for the next couple years.
Looks like Knox Central promoted assistant coach Travis McDaniel as interim head coach.

https://kcps.news/featured/knox-central-...xqbHwJdnyg
I think they only hired him as a temporary coach. If Hoskins is going stick around I’m not sure why you would do this.
Interim… aka tread water for any program.