Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard Job?
With Big Al retiring today. Who will be the next man walking the sidelines in Memorial Gym?  Stay inside the program with Josh Hurt? or go outside?

Jon Bentley took the MoCo job but he would been a excellent hire and seeing him return home.
Big loss for the Bulldogs...at this time of the year...i would imagine from within. Most superintendents aren't willing to let valued employees go this late.
I don’t think Bentley would come back to Hazard right now. MoCo is a really good job with a ton of upside. Following Al at Hazard is a tuff gig for anyone. Hazard will be in a rebuild mode for the next year or 2. The lose of Shoptaw really hurt Hazard, he could have been the next great Hazard guard and took over for Wade but Hazard now has to replace their top 3 guards from last year. I look for Josh Hurt to get the job which will open the girls job back up if that happens.
Big loss for the Hazard program but I could see Josh Hirt stepping in. Been around the program under Holland for years.
Would Bentley back out at MoCo already to go home?

I’m sure he will get a call.
If I’m not mistaken hazard only returns one starter (Andrew Ford) and not much upcoming talent to work with especially after shoptaw has left. I would imagine whoever gets the job will have to go into a rebuild and I do believe the person that gets the job will be within the system
Browning’s first job as AD is a tough one, finding a replacement for Big Al.
I wonder when they will post the job?
You would figure they would have today since they’ve known he was going to retire probably as early as last week.
(07-16-2021, 06:35 PM)14thregionfan2729010 Wrote: If I’m not mistaken hazard only returns one starter (Andrew Ford) and not much upcoming talent to work with especially after shoptaw has left. I would imagine whoever gets the job will have to go into a rebuild and I do believe the person that gets the job will be within the system

I think Chris Jones is a starter from last season who might be staying back too.
Big Al retired his AD job. He is still gonna be the coach from what reliable sources say. Everyone best not start the parade to early. The King is not dead.
I don’t care if Al does come back and Coach unless he hits the recruiting trail Hazard is going to struggle to score. Ford is a decent player but he isn’t a primary ball handler. Has doesn’t have 1 kid returning that handled the ball in a pressure situation before.
He has enough talent to win the region.

Tyson Turner
Dawson Duff
Sawyer Patrick
Chris Jones
Mel Hassel
Max Johnson

Looks like plenty of talent as compared to everyones else. May be another recruit to add to that list that will put them right on top of the food chain. Only time will tell.
I don’t see hazard being good this year with the lose of pelfrey, Napier and with al stepping down I think they are in the 6-10 rang as far as standings go But then again before the season last year Everyone said they wouldn’t even make it to the regional tournament (including myself) and they made it to the 14th regional championship
Last year they still had Wade who was the best PG in the region. Anytime you have the best PG in the region you got a shot especially with Big Al coaching.
Hazard is open per KHSAA.

Jon Bentley? Anyone? Would be a good job for him but would he leave the job he just took at Montgomery County?
Big Al retired but wouldn't shock me any once October rolls around, he will be back on the sideline. It will be Al or Hurt, most likely Al.
(07-18-2021, 02:20 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: He has enough talent to win the region. 

Tyson Turner
Dawson Duff
Sawyer Patrick
Chris Jones
Mel Hassel
Max Johnson

Looks like plenty of talent as compared to everyones else.  May be another recruit to add to that list that will put them right on top of the food chain.  Only time will tell.

Don't sleep on Dawson Duff, he has top 10 player in the region capability, he could scored over 1000 points in his career already without the multiple transfers.