Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy to keep Brooks
After a few years under his belt a bowl game win and now being ranked 14th is the nation how many UK fans are eating their words from previous years. As everyone knows about this time last season everyone was calling for Brook's head wanting him gone. Barnhardt and Co. stuck beside the ole ball coach and look at where he is now. I argued and argued to give him time while the demise of our program was all on the shoulders of Tricky DIcky Hal. Now off probation and with his own team my buddy Brooks has showed the Commenwealth and nation that he is the real deal.
Didn't ole Brooksy do the same turn-around deal at Oregon?
I'm glad somebody brought this up. There are a ton of posts and threads trashing Rich Brooks as early back as last season. Let me do some digging to see how people have changed their tune and jumped the bandwagon.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17268&highlight=fire+brooks
Fire Rich Brooks?

Brooks a good coach?

Brooks says Bowl Game

BRG Members calling for Brooks after Indiana loss

Calling Brooks a failure

Fire Rich Brooks.COM??

Happy to have Brooks back?

When will UK be good at Football?

Fun at Brooks' expense

There's more out there I'm sure, but I'm glad I never bad mouthed the guy. And some "fans" don't deserve to jump on this bandwagon because it wasn't good enough for them two years ago.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:I'm glad somebody brought this up. There are a ton of posts and threads trashing Rich Brooks as early back as last season. Let me do some digging to see how people have changed their tune and jumped the bandwagon.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17268&highlight=fire+brooks
Fire Rich Brooks?

Brooks a good coach?

Brooks says Bowl Game

BRG Members calling for Brooks after Indiana loss

Calling Brooks a failure

Fire Rich Brooks.COM??

Happy to have Brooks back?

When will UK be good at Football?

Fun at Brooks' expense

There's more out there I'm sure, but I'm glad I never bad mouthed the guy. And some "fans" don't deserve to jump on this bandwagon because it wasn't good enough for them two years ago.

Can i use an Amen on here lol. You are exactly right just last season oh about the time of the embarissing defeat to LSU people were calling for the head and now ppl are praising him for all its worth.

And yes he did the same at Oregon befor moving to the NFL with the Rams. While at Oregon he led them to the Rose Bowl and with the Rams made it to the Super Bowl if im not mistaking. He stated after the win in the Music CIty Bowl that it was more special than playing in the Rose Bowl because how much this team and fans mean to him.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Can i use an Amen on here lol. You are exactly right just last season oh about the time of the embarissing defeat to LSU people were calling for the head and now ppl are praising him for all its worth.

And yes he did the same at Oregon befor moving to the NFL with the Rams. While at Oregon he led them to the Rose Bowl and with the Rams made it to the Super Bowl if im not mistaking. He stated after the win in the Music CIty Bowl that it was more special than playing in the Rose Bowl because how much this team and fans mean to him.

:thumpsup: Looks like none of the old naysayers are going to eat their crow.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote::thumpsup: Looks like none of the old naysayers are going to eat their crow.

I wasn't a member on here until this past March, so it wasn't me. Wink

In all fairness, I wasn't a big fan of the hire when Mitch Barnhart brought him in, the whole hiring process just seemed like Brooks was only hired after everyone else Mitch asked said no. But once they hired him, I always said that you had to give him time to see what he could do. He took over a team on probation and had to deal with all those scholarship reductions the first couple of years, so he really didn't have a fair chance. I was never a proponent of firing him.

Now, if in this his fifth year we still were terrible, then I may have changed my tune...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]