Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EKU 7v7 Updates
Does anyone have updates from the EKU7 on seven today? It looks like the pool play with Boyle County had a lot of parity in it. I believe Boyle County came out in first place of pool play with two wins and one tie. Freddie D lost two, to Ballard & Hoptown.
Corbin has no wins and had a tie in pool play. Just beat out by Holmes in the first game. We’re done here .
Wow that's a shock thought the Hounds where alot better
Pikeville went 2-1 in pool play (beat Corbin and Madison Southern, lost to St. X), won first bracket game against Southwestern.
[-] The following 2 users Like PHSForever's post:
  • Gus McCrae, PHS DYNASTY
(07-24-2021, 04:56 PM)PHSForever Wrote: Pikeville went 2-1 in pool play (beat Corbin and Madison Southern, lost to St. X), won first bracket game against Southwestern.
What was score against St X?

Just got word that FDU knocked off Boyle in bracket play by 1 on controversial last second play. BC was down 3 starters. Also heard FDU was down to Bullet East early…
(07-24-2021, 04:56 PM)PHSForever Wrote: Pikeville went 2-1 in pool play (beat Corbin and Madison Southern, lost to St. X), won first bracket game against Southwestern.

I got there late and missed this game between Corbin and Pikeville. But I think that score was Pikeville 19-8. I watched all these games and thought Pikeville looked really good. I like the big TE. I couldn't tell what the score was but I think Pikeville played a tight game with ST X. I could see Boyle and FD from where I was sitting. They were on the other half of the field. Just hot and a lot going on at the same time. I think some of our boys showed up but wasn't awake lol today and mama says it be's that way sometimes lol. At least we have some action outside and looking a little normal.
Ryle and St X (Green) in the finals.
Panthers are gonna be better than good this season. So much fire power! The D will be better this season too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHS DYNASTY's post:
  • Bull got out!
Congratulations to ST X! Great job today!
(07-24-2021, 05:30 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I got there late and missed this game between Corbin and Pikeville. But I think that score was Pikeville 19-8. I watched all these games and thought Pikeville looked really good. I like the big TE. I couldn't tell what the score was but I think Pikeville played a tight game with ST X. I could see Boyle and FD from where I was sitting. They were on the other half of the field. Just hot and a lot going on at the same time. I think some of our boys showed up but wasn't awake lol today and mama says it be's that way sometimes lol. At least we have some action outside and looking a little normal.

tigers won 38-14 from what I heard over pikeville
Pikeville Qb will rule 1A this year with Williamsburg Qb second, This should make Jet pilot a happy man. Pikeville will win 1A………just saying
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • jetpilot, PHS DYNASTY
Doesn’t Corbin have like an entire wide out core with d1 offers? Seems like they would get be fair at 7 on 7? Maybe tired from practice this week?
I had a good seat today with Corbin, Boyle County & Pikeville on the same field. Corbin looked a Lilttle off today, Boyle County improved with each game and won pool play against Frederick Douglass, Ballard, & Hospkinsville…….Pikeville look real good against the big boys.
(07-24-2021, 08:39 PM)Real Badman Wrote:

Pool Play for Corbin
18-9 Pikeville over Corbin
23-21 ST X (Green) over Corbin
18-18 Tie Madison Southern

1st game of single elimination tournament. Holmes over Corbin 18-16.

Not making any excuses. It is what it is.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR
Some good teams for sure! Im sure Corbin, will be physical and run the rock when it comes time this season!
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • Bull got out!
(07-24-2021, 08:39 PM)Real Badman Wrote:

It was not 38-14. 28-14 if I recall correctly.
Who beat FDU?
(07-24-2021, 08:45 PM)64SUR Wrote: Pikeville Qb will rule 1A this year with Williamsburg Qb second,  This should  make Jet pilot a happy man.  Pikeville will win 1A………just saying
Add me to that happy list too, 64. Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHS DYNASTY's post:
  • 64SUR
I see all the brilliant football minds are handing out championships after watching flag football again hahah…clowns
[-] The following 2 users Like RAMDAD50's post:
  • #55PirateFan, Tigerallamerican
(07-24-2021, 10:16 PM)Tigerallamerican Wrote: Who beat FDU?

I think Ryle.
(07-24-2021, 11:40 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I see all the brilliant football minds are handing out championships after watching flag football again hahah…clowns
I agree 7 on 7 is only good for quarterbacks to learn to go threw their reads and that’s it but on one post on here I seen where Ramland is going to the championship this year and hadn’t even been a 7 on 7 yet. Also read a quote that it was to early to start trash talk but other people are the clowns. Where is JetPilot when you need him?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • jetpilot
(07-25-2021, 09:16 AM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(07-24-2021, 11:40 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I see all the brilliant football minds are handing out championships after watching flag football again hahah…clowns
I agree 7 on 7 is only good for quarterbacks to learn to go threw their reads and that’s it but on one post on here I seen where Ramland is going to the championship this year and hadn’t even been a 7 on 7 yet. Also read a quote that it was to early to start trash talk but other people are the clowns. Where is JetPilot when you need him?
Hahah yes Ramland has homers just like every other school. I wasn’t smack talking when I said clown …..that’s a obvious statement. It’s 7on7 flag football. Let’s get a grip people
(07-25-2021, 12:23 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(07-25-2021, 09:16 AM)Patriot1 Wrote:
Hahah yes Ramland has homers just like every other school. I wasn’t smack talking when I said clown …..that’s a obvious statement. It’s 7on7 flag football. Let’s get a grip people
I think we are are all brilliant enough to know what the purpose of  7 v 7 is for. We know it doesn't give a complete picture of what to expect of any team for the upcoming season, but "get a grip" Ramdad. Fans get a little optimistic after waiting 8 months or so. Now, give us that "Clint squint" and settle down.
[-] The following 2 users Like PHS DYNASTY's post:
  • BEChargers, jetpilot
Who got sunburnt yesterday at EKU 7V7 Pretty sure I’m not the only one. Lol!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
(07-24-2021, 08:45 PM)64SUR Wrote: Pikeville Qb will rule 1A this year with Williamsburg Qb second,  This should  make Jet pilot a happy man.  Pikeville will win 1A………just saying
Pikeville will be head and shoulders above everyone in Class A. Does not in any way mean they will win another championship though.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Gus McCrae, PHS DYNASTY

7 on 7 is very deceiving. I remember Corbin being pretty dominant in this area in 7 on 7 back in the early to mid-2000s, whenever their actual offense was 3 yards and a cloud of dust.
7v7 is great for the kids and programs to get a different look, get some early hype and give us guys something to talk about lol. It in no way indicates who's going to be at Kroger field in December. But...when you see a run first team go out and light up the air it gives coaching staff's something to think about. This coming Friday is the last Friday off for a while for most programs. Full pads on 8-1 with many teams scrimmaging on Friday the 6th. It's time boys!
[-] The following 5 users Like Tigerallamerican's post:
  • Bull got out!, Gus McCrae, jetpilot, PHS DYNASTY, Westside
As said, 7 on 7’s are great for players to spend time honing their skills and timing. Namely route running, getting reps catching the ball, and getting on time with the QB’s. It’s a good bragging right for teams which build confidence and such but everyone knows to take them with a grain of salt since line play really tells the tale and separate teams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corbin's post:
  • Bull got out!
Hey look, the dude with 0 championships is lecturing the rest of us on championships.
[-] The following 8 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • 64SUR, Gargamels, Gus McCrae, Panther Thunder, PHS DYNASTY, PHSForever, Tigerallamerican, Westside
(07-24-2021, 04:59 PM)Tigerallamerican Wrote:
What was score against St X?

Just got word that FDU knocked off Boyle in bracket play by 1 on controversial last second play. BC was down 3 starters. Also heard FDU was down to Bullet East early…

Bullitt East and FD traded TD for both teams first three possessions. BE only came close to stopping FD maybe twice. BE did play well but defense has some work to do.

As far as 7 on 7 goes, it is not a good indicator of how a teams season will go but I do believe it falls into the same category as practice and off season weights and work outs. Whatever you do you need to do it well and take it seriously. It again is not a good indicator of a teams success in the regular season but I would rather have a team try to win any contest they enter and to take it seriously than not. Workout with a purpose to get better and to learn something, practice with a purpose and to get better and to learn something and play 7 on 7 with a purpose and to get better and to learn something.
[-] The following 2 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Gus McCrae, Patriot1