Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trump moved donated money to his own business, filing shows
(08-08-2021, 08:50 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 11:22 PM)The Outsider Wrote: I'm going to have to retract what I said about Trump's personal use of the PAC money.  If I understand it correctly, since he is not running for any office, the money donated to him can be used however he wants and does not have to be used for the stated purpose that he actually claimed it was going to.  Basically his followers are just giving him their hard earned money to use for his own benefit, whether they know it or not.  There could be some crossing of the legal boundaries, but maybe not campaign finance laws.
Hooter after reading this:

“I knew I was right!”

Suddenly realizes Trump is sucking money from his bank account to buy his tan spray.  

Big Grin Big Grin 

@The Outsider could we see this change if Trump runs for “Speaker of the House” next year or president in 2024?
All I said was that if you link to an article and conclude that somebody has committed a crime, then the alleged crime should be cited in the article. This was just another instance of wishful thinking by the BGR Marxist/atheist contingent. Campaign finance laws are written by and for the benefit of incumbents. I personally support full disclosure of political donations but oppose all limits to the amount that American citizens may donate to the candidates of their choice.

The purpose of our current system, thanks to Senators McCain and Feingold, is to make it very difficult for challengers to unseat incumbents. McCain was among the first to take advantage of the huge loopholes in the system. So, if you think the campaign finance laws stink, then I agree. If you think Trump violated campaign finance laws, then I have to wonder why anybody would feel the need to commit a crime to exploit a campaign finance system that is rotten to the core.

If we had a Pinocchio smilie to rate this latest dishonest lie about Trump, then you would be seeing four of them here.
(08-08-2021, 10:26 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 11:22 PM)The Outsider Wrote: I'm going to have to retract what I said about Trump's personal use of the PAC money.  If I understand it correctly, since he is not running for any office, the money donated to him can be used however he wants and does not have to be used for the stated purpose that he actually claimed it was going to.  Basically his followers are just giving him their hard earned money to use for his own benefit, whether they know it or not.  There could be some crossing of the legal boundaries, but maybe not campaign finance laws.

“I knew I was right!”

Suddenly realizes Trump is sucking money from his bank account to buy his tan spray.  

Big Grin Big Grin 

@The Outsider could we see this change if Trump runs for “Speaker of the House” next year or president in 2024?
All I said was that if you link to an article and conclude that somebody has committed a crime, then the alleged crime should be cited in the article. This was just another instance of wishful thinking by the BGR Marxist/atheist contingent. Campaign finance laws are written by and for the benefit of incumbents. I personally support full disclosure of political donations but oppose all limits to the amount that American citizens may donate to the candidates of their choice.

The purpose of our current system, thanks to Senators McCain and Feingold, is to make it very difficult for challengers to unseat incumbents. McCain was among the first to take advantage of the huge loopholes in the system. So, if you think the campaign finance laws stink, then I agree. If you think Trump violated campaign finance laws, then I have to wonder why anybody would feel the need to commit a crime to exploit a campaign finance system that is rotten to the core.

If we had a Pinocchio smilie to rate this latest dishonest lie about Trump, then you would be seeing four of them here.

How much money did daddy Trump steal from you you Hooter?
(08-08-2021, 11:11 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

“I knew I was right!”

Big Grin Big Grin 

As I said, four Pinocchios for you, dumbass. None of you four Marxist/atheists ever admit that you were wrong and you are wrong more often than not. As for me, I have never donated money to Trump, but if I had, I would not be whining about how the money was spent. Trump has traveled around the country campaigning for candidates who support his agenda and I am sure that he will be doing so in the future. Campaigning on issues and on the behalf of candidates are legitimate uses of the donations he received. I would scrap most of the campaign finance laws myself, but you cannot rightly call anybody a criminal when you are clueless on the subject and you are clueless on most topics.
(08-08-2021, 11:50 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

“I knew I was right!”

Big Grin Big Grin 

As I said, four Pinocchios for you, dumbass. None of you four Marxist/atheists ever admit that you were wrong and you are wrong more often than not. As for me, I have never donated money to Trump, but if I had, I would not be whining about how the money was spent. Trump has traveled around the country campaigning for candidates who support his agenda and I am sure that he will be doing so in the future. Campaigning on issues and on the behalf of candidates are legitimate uses of the donations he received. I would scrap most of the campaign finance laws myself, but you cannot rightly call anybody a criminal when you are clueless on the subject and you are clueless on most topics.
Quooter by the tone of your response you did donate money to the cause
[-] The following 1 user Likes vector#1's post:
  • Cardfan1
(08-09-2021, 09:27 AM)vector#1 Wrote:
(08-08-2021, 08:50 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Hooter after reading this:

“I knew I was right!”

Big Grin Big Grin 

I'm sure that at the least, he has purchased one of the Trump "Offical" cards...
(08-09-2021, 11:44 AM)The Outsider Wrote:
(08-09-2021, 09:27 AM)vector#1 Wrote:
(08-08-2021, 10:26 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: All I said was that if you link to an article and conclude that somebody has committed a crime, then the alleged crime should be cited in the article. This was just another instance of wishful thinking by the BGR Marxist/atheist contingent. Campaign finance laws are written by and for the benefit of incumbents. I personally support full disclosure of political donations but oppose all limits to the amount that American citizens may donate to the candidates of their choice.

I'm sure that at the least, he has purchased one of the Trump "Offical" cards...
Quooter has the Gold Card only available to exclusive members.