Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central vs Breathitt County scrimmage
During the 10 play drive portion of the scrimmage Letcher scored 4 offensive TDs and had a scoop and score on the first play of the game. Breathitt scored 1 Touchdown during 10 plays portion. They played 1 quarter after the teams ran about 40 plays each and Breathitt scored 2TDs on 3 drives and Letcher scored 1 TD on 2 drives and put JV in on there 3rd.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Running wild 14's post:
  • touchdownkentucky
Letcher dominated the first 90 minutes of the scrimmage when each team was getting 10 plays a piece. They moved the ball running and throwing with ease. They scored 4 times on offense and 1 time on defense and picked Breathitt off 3 times. Letcher rotated QBs every series and I can’t tell which one is better both led scoring drives. Breathitt started playing a lot better after the first 90 minutes of play when they played a full regular quarter to end the scrimmage. The QB from Breathitt has a lot of ability passing the ball. There scores came on big plays on perfect throws. The 2nd TD Breathitt scored was on a 4th and 11 from around the 20 yard line. Breathitt should be a really good 2a team this year from what I seen.
Breathitt came out sloppy and almost looked shell shocked. We do have some younger players that saw 1st meaningful varsity action who must contribute for us to reach our goals. Breathitt started playing better toward the end. I was expecting a better overall performance from Breathitt. Hopefully we come ready to play against Bell. I'm very impressed with improvements qb has made during offseason
(08-08-2021, 10:41 AM)wolfcat Wrote: Breathitt came out sloppy and almost looked shell shocked. We do have some younger players that saw 1st meaningful varsity action who must contribute for us to reach our goals. Breathitt started playing better toward the end. I was expecting a better overall performance from Breathitt. Hopefully we come ready to play against Bell. I'm very impressed with improvements qb has made during offseason
Letcher should have a really good team this year in 4A returning most of the players that started last year and only lost to Johnson Central. Breathitt did start slow but I was really impressed with the overall talent on that team and they should be hard to handle in 2A this season. Breathitt should be a top 10 team in 2A. Was really impressed with some of the throws there QB made. 2 of them long throws was defended really well and he just made some big throws.
(08-08-2021, 02:10 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote:
(08-08-2021, 10:41 AM)wolfcat Wrote: Breathitt came out sloppy and almost looked shell shocked. We do have some younger players that saw 1st meaningful varsity action who must contribute for us to reach our goals. Breathitt started playing better toward the end. I was expecting a better overall performance from Breathitt. Hopefully we come ready to play against Bell. I'm very impressed with improvements qb has made during offseason
Letcher should have a really good team this year in 4A returning most of the players that started last year and only lost to Johnson Central. Breathitt did start slow but I was really impressed with the overall talent on that team and they should be hard to handle in 2A this season. Breathitt should be a top 10 team in 2A. Was really impressed with some of the throws there QB made. 2 of them long throws was defended really well and he just made some big throws.

Letcher surprised me. I watched them early last year and they are a better team this year.  I'm not sure about the out of state opponents but they should be undefeated  going into Johnson Central. I could see them with same record as last year they just have such a huge roadblock if they want to advance any further than 2nd rd. 
Breathitt is young but talented. The QB has shown a lot of improvement. My main concern is the lack of a decent schedule yet again. It may be a little better than last but not by much. I see them making it to Region Finals without any issue bit with pack of schedule strength the RPI will be low and we'll get stuck with Beechwood again. I think Breathitt maybe 2 years away from being legit state title contenders.
How many kids from Virginia moved over to Whitesburg last year? Just curious, if any.
(08-10-2021, 12:03 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: How many kids from Virginia moved over to Whitesburg last year?  Just curious, if any.
I don’t know of any from Virginia that’s playing. The one major difference maker transfer they got was the receiver from Charleston WV. He looked great in the scrimmage Friday night.

(08-09-2021, 01:15 PM)wolfcat Wrote:
(08-08-2021, 02:10 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote:

Letcher surprised me. I watched them early last year and they are a better team this year.  I'm not sure about the out of state opponents but they should be undefeated  going into Johnson Central. I could see them with same record as last year they just have such a huge roadblock if they want to advance any further than 2nd rd. 
Breathitt is young but talented. The QB has shown a lot of improvement. My main concern is the lack of a decent schedule yet again. It may be a little better than last but not by much. I see them making it to Region Finals without any issue bit with pack of schedule strength the RPI will be low and we'll get stuck with Beechwood again. I think Breathitt maybe 2 years away from being legit state title contenders.
If Letcher plays to ability they should be no worse than 8–2 at seasons end. They should lose to David Crockett and Johnson central. Anything below that would be a disappointment with all the kids they returned.
I know Johnson Central is good and have been for a long time now but why lay out the red carpet for them to just walk in and beat you before the game starts? No reason why LCC or other teams cant try and stop the run. Didnt JC graduate about 20 Seniors? Maybe someone can figure out a way to stop the run like Frankin County did. Oh its gonna be a great season but we are gonna lose to Johnson Central and Davy Crockett. Good lord.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bulldogs4Ever's post:
  • Poseidon
(08-10-2021, 03:05 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: I know Johnson Central is good and have been for a long time now but why lay out the red carpet for them to just walk in and beat you before the game starts?  No reason why LCC or other teams cant try and stop the run.  Didnt JC graduate about 20 Seniors?  Maybe someone can figure out a way to stop the run like Frankin County did.  Oh its gonna be a great season but we are gonna lose to Johnson Central and Davy Crockett.  Good lord.
Just being honest. Nobody in the mountains have been anywhere close to beating Johnson central in years. JC is 4 TDs plus better than any team in the mountains.
How do you know that?
(08-11-2021, 08:33 AM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: How do you know that?
Is your Bulldogs going to schedule JC since it’s such a winnable game? I guess you guys are going unbeaten this year.lol.
Yeah we are playing them. Might as well forfeit if you think your gonna lose.
(08-11-2021, 01:25 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: Yeah we are playing them.  Might as well forfeit if you think your gonna lose.
Im not a coach or player so o don’t need to lie to myself. Who is your team? I assumed Hazard which I know won’t be playing Johnson central this year.
^ I’m going to assume Lawrence County..