Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg/Pike Central Scrimmage
Prestonsburg hosted Pike Co Central last night for a scrimmage that I wasn't able to attend. Anyone have details about how this one went?

Prestonsburg looks like they've spent a lot of time in the weight room and numbers look pretty good as well.
^ Glad to hear the number are up. Someone fill us in…
[-] The following 1 user Likes bac2369's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
It wasn't a very traditional style scrimmages, it started with a series of 7 on 7 which both teams split 1-1. While that was going on, on the other side of the field linemen we're doing some 1 v. 1 stuff.

After that period, both teams had 2 varsity 8 minute sessions of down & distance starting at the 40 yard line. PC had outscored P-Burg 3-1 entering P-Burg's final 8 minute period. I believe PC started to get a little tired at this point cause P-Burg reeled off 2 quick scores which ended in a 3-3 tie.

After the down & distance sessions, each teams varsity had 4 goal-line plays each. Both teams scored 3 out of the 4 plays.

Then in the finale, the JV squads got their time to shine. Each team had 1 8 minute session and unfortunately neither team scored. God bless them.

Overall, fairly even event all told.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mr. Pike Central's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
Good stuff.

I know Pike Central has some pretty good players returning. Pburg has a lot of question marks at the skill positions, but I know those guys have been putting in a lot of work all off season to prepare for this fall.

Looking forward to opening week!