Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Prestonsburg Blackcats
40.00%
Betsy Layne Bobcats
60.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg @ Betsy Layne 8/20 (Cancelled)
Lots of eyes in Floyd County are going to be on this one. Betsy Layne has a real shot of knocking off my Blackcats for maybe the first time ever.

Bobcats are also coached by Jarredd Jarrell, former Pburg QB who holds a few state passing records. They also have a few former Pburg players on their staff. You know those guys are eager to take down their alma mater and start something new at Betsy Layne.

Blackcats are entering in year 4 under the direction of Brandon Brewer and they seem to have performed pretty well in their scrimmage with Pike Central. I know they've been training hard all off season.

I expect this one to be very intense and probably the best atmosphere in the Mountains to kickoff the 2021 football season.

Calpreps.com projection: Betsy Layne 26, Prestonsburg 21
Prestonsburg has an outstanding offensive line. Big boys good quickness. Nick Porter can be a difference maker. All that said. You can’t force a square peg into a round hole. Unless p-burg adapts on offense, Jarred and the boys take this one.
This could be the !st time to my knowledge and possibly the history of football in Floyd County, that the Blackcats fail to defeat any in county schools...... like I said COULD be!!!
Betsy Layne last beat Prestonsburg in 1985
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Been waiting on this one lol
I would love to see prestonsburg become a powerhouse again.
(08-14-2021, 02:24 AM)Old_Trojan Wrote: This could be the !st time to my knowledge and possibly the history of football in Floyd County, that the Blackcats fail to defeat any in county schools...... like I said COULD be!!!
Floyd Central has beat Prestonsburg a few times already.....

22-12

40-13

49-6
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
(08-15-2021, 12:45 AM)Pulp Fiction Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 02:24 AM)Old_Trojan Wrote: This could be the !st time to my knowledge and possibly the history of football in Floyd County, that the Blackcats fail to defeat any in county schools...... like I said COULD be!!!

22-12

40-13

49-6
I'm talking about winless in county …0 wins in a season against in county competition …I know BL beat them one year and I'm well aware of FC'S dominance of late!
[-] The following 2 users Like Old_Trojan's post:
  • Ekybballer, Pulp Fiction
(08-15-2021, 12:45 AM)Pulp Fiction Wrote:

22-12

40-13

49-6
Id say he’s aware that Floyd Central has beat P Burg. He’s saying that P Burg could possibly go the season and not beat a Floyd county team this year. I would hate to see that happen for P burg. They’ve been down long enough. Time for them to work hard and bounce back.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blue_Bird96's post:
  • Old_Trojan
Didn't Betsy Layne beat Prestonsburg a couple of times in the past? When Derossott was there or when Jack Hall was there in the 80's?
(08-15-2021, 06:08 PM)Real Badman Wrote: Didn't Betsy Layne beat Prestonsburg a couple of times in the past? When Derossott was there or when Jack Hall was there in the 80's?

Jack Hall's 1986 Betsy Layne team beat Prestonsburg 12-8.  That is Betsy Layne's only varsity win against Prestonsburg.  John Derosott's 1995 Betsy Layne team lost to Prestonsburg 12-14 in overtime.  That was as close as any of Coach Derosott's Betsy Layne teams came to beating the Blackcats.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • Ekybballer
Did South Floyd or Allen Central ever beat Prestonsburg in varsity football?
(08-16-2021, 07:44 AM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: Did South Floyd or Allen Central ever beat Prestonsburg in varsity football?

Wayland defeated Prestonsburg in 1949.  Wheelright tied Prestonsburg in 1977, 6-6.  As far as I know South Floyd and Allen Central never defeated Prestonsburg.
[-] The following 2 users Like Westside's post:
  • Old_Trojan, Pulp Fiction
(08-16-2021, 07:44 AM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: Did South Floyd or Allen Central ever beat Prestonsburg in varsity football?
No.. to my knowledge (which ain’t much) the only in county losses for Prestonsburg have been Floyd Central who has won the last 3 meetings and Betsy Layne who beat the Blackcats in the mid 80’s… that’s as far as my history goes.
(08-16-2021, 10:20 AM)Westside Wrote:

Wayland defeated Prestonsburg in 1949.  Wheelright tied Prestonsburg in 1977, 6-6.  As far as I know South Floyd and Allen Central never defeated Prestonsburg.
Prestonsburg may have the best W/L record against teams from the same school system in the state.
At one time, they were playing three teams from the Floyd County school system each year.... those W's add up quick.

If it's not Prestonsburg, then Belfry can't be too far behind.
(08-16-2021, 10:29 AM)Pulp Fiction Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 10:20 AM)Westside Wrote:

Prestonsburg may have the best W/L record against teams from the same school system in the state.
At one time, they were playing three teams from the Floyd County school system each year.... those W's add up quick.

If it's not Prestonsburg, then Belfry can't be too far behind.

There is no doubt Prestonsburg's record against in county competition is amazing but they very very rarely played all three schools in the same season if at all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • Pulp Fiction
Not to stay off topic but I went back and checked and since Betsy Layne started their football program in 1977, Prestonsburg has never played more than two Floyd County teams in the same season.  Since 1977, Prestonsburg has only played two Floyd County opponents in the same season 9 times.  Some years they didn't play any county opponents.  Keep in mind, I may have over looked a game or two though.
Garnis Martin and Wayland had either a T or W over the Blackcats some time ago.
It stinks to announce but this game has been cancelled.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(08-17-2021, 05:32 PM)Spud6 Wrote: It stinks to announce but this game has been cancelled.

Covid?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(08-17-2021, 05:32 PM)Spud6 Wrote: It stinks to announce but this game has been cancelled.
Hate to hear that. Hoping these boys get in as many games as possible.
I don't know if it was cancelled due to Covid. I am sure Spud will spill the beans later, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was. Floyd County is absolutely eat up with Covid right now. Betsy Layne and the surrounding communities are being hammered. One of my brother's friends died from Covid last night. I have had several friends hospitalized with it. This go around is much worse than the last in number and severity of the illnesses. Stay safe everybody.
I was really looking forward to this one
I’ll just say you all could probably guess why we aren’t playing. That’ll give you all all you need to know.
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
Hopefully they can play this game this season. I know the boys had to be looking forward to this game and I know a lot of folks around Floyd County were too.

Covid sucks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • Spud6