Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Knox Central Panthers
50.00%
Clay County Tigers
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Clay County 8/20
Should be a dandy of a game in Manchester.

Another young QB I'm interested in seeing how much they've improved and matured during the offseason, in Rice for Clay County.

Calpreps.com projection: Knox Central 35, Clay Co. 20
I think Clay County gets the win at home. Lots of talent on that Clay team. I look for Adam Collins to carry the load and have a big year as well as Rice at QB.

Clay 28
Knox 14
This one will be played at Union College as Clay County is currently getting a new turf field. Hard to make a prediction this early but I will say Coach Sizemore has done a terrific job in making the Tigers a competitive football team again. Clay has won almost as many games in the last two seasons as the previous 8 seasons combined. I know the Panthers always put a nice product on the field and this should be a good one.
Clay has one of the best younger coaches in the state. Turning two struggling programs into teams that can win in the last couple of years is not an accident.
How did the Clay-Whitley scrimmage go? I don't know much about these teams. I'll pick Knox 21-14
(08-14-2021, 04:04 PM)pjdoug Wrote: How did the Clay-Whitley scrimmage go? I don't know much about these teams. I'll pick Knox 21-14

I heard from a source that Whitley won 28-26. I wasnt there, dont know if this is even true but if someone else knows they can post it.
Knox Central will be to much for the Tigers.

Knox Central 35
Clay County 14