Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2A and 1A champ predictions
I’m calling it right now LCA winning 2A and Sayre will win 1 A behind Cole Pennington
Well by George two great QBs stand in both of their ways. Isaac McNamee is the best player to come out of the mountains in a while. Cam Hergott reigning Mr. Football stands in LCA's way too. I think LCA will come out on top this year, but not Sayre you homer.
(08-09-2021, 12:44 AM)SayreSpartan2006 Wrote: I’m calling it right now LCA winning 2A and Sayre will win 1 A behind Cole Pennington

Sayre will be at the house listening to the 1 A championship on the radio.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
I watched that 2A championship last year. LCA missed a field goal that would have won the championship that day. If LCA would have ran Brown more IMO the game would have been more of a lead for LCA. Beechwood will be no easy out. I think it winds down to who’s healthy and playing there best at the time. I hate to call it. Beechwood is tuff too.

As far as 1A: Pikeville is my pick to win 1A. Nice looking team I saw at 7x7.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Orange Blaze
I'm sure Pikeville is the team to beat in 1 A. Williamsburg is young but will have another solid team this year. They have some speed at the skill positions. They will be dangerous if they can get it done in the trenches. Hazard will be another tough out as usual.
I'll Sayre it ain't so.
(08-09-2021, 06:59 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I watched that 2A championship last year. LCA missed a field goal that would have won the championship that day. If LCA would have ran Brown more IMO the game would have been more of a lead for LCA. Beechwood will be no easy out. I think it winds down to who’s healthy and playing there best at the time. I hate to call it. Beechwood is tuff too.

As far as 1A: Pikeville is my pick to win 1A. Nice looking team I saw at 7x7.
Football really is a game of inches.  I watched that game and if the kick was in high school uprights then LCA would have been state champions.  If LCA makes it back I’m sure they really want Beechwood to make it for the rematch.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • Bull got out!
1A Pikeville
2A LCA

Go Williamsburg!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!, E's Army
@SayreSpartan2006 I believe LCA has an open date on their JV schedule if you interested in bolstering your current varsity schedule - sorry couldn't resist the smack talk lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tigerallamerican's post:
  • SayreSpartan2006
Sayre will be better than mortal 1A teams bot not Pikeville. LCA Beechwood is to close to call in early August.
Other than their district games, Sayre’s schedule is awful!!!!!
We found out last year how good they were when they played Pikeville.
(08-12-2021, 10:42 PM)E's Army Wrote: Sayre will be better than mortal 1A teams bot not Pikeville. LCA Beechwood is to close to call in early August.

Are there any immortal teams out there that I don't know about?
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Tigerallamerican
Pikeville is the Superman of 1A football
Raceland in 1A and Beechwood in 2A
(08-13-2021, 03:46 PM)Ramfan02 Wrote: Raceland in 1A and Beechwood in 2A

No.
[-] The following 3 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Gus McCrae, jetpilot, PHS DYNASTY
(08-13-2021, 01:00 AM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote: Other than their district games, Sayre’s schedule is awful!!!!!
Facts and Pikeville wasn’t even close to being the strongest team in 1A! That shows how far back Sayre actually was last year in post season.

(08-13-2021, 02:41 PM)E's Army Wrote: Pikeville is the Superman of 1A football
At least at this point of the season every year! Lol
(08-13-2021, 03:46 PM)Ramfan02 Wrote: Raceland in 1A and Beechwood in 2A
You’re smoking crack
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHSFarmersMarket's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
1A could be wide open. Going in to the playoffs last year I thought Pikeville wouldn't be touched for a few years in 1A but Hazard definitely showed that they are beatable. I'd imagine 1A will be loaded with the usual suspects from the east and 1 of them will win it. That being in no particular order Pikeville, Hazard, Williamsburg, Paintsville, and Raceland. KCD looked decent last year too and depending on what they return could be a factor.

2A it's LCA. Beechwood could surprise but it's LCA's to lose in my opinion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fridaynightfights's post:
  • Patriot1
If Mayfield gets improvement at qb spot, they will be the 2a champs. They finally have a Mayfield defense. Something that has been missing since 2016. They have speed and a big, athletic line. This is a true team that is going to surprise a lot of folks.
(08-15-2021, 09:48 PM)mysonis55 Wrote: If Mayfield gets improvement at qb spot, they will be the 2a champs. They finally have a Mayfield defense. Something that has been missing since 2016. They have speed and a big, athletic line. This is a true team that is going to surprise a lot of folks.
I am just glad to hear from some of the Mayfield supporters
(08-15-2021, 02:20 PM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 01:00 AM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote: Other than their district games, Sayre’s schedule is awful!!!!!
Facts and Pikeville wasn’t even close to being the strongest team in 1A! That shows how far back Sayre actually was last year in post season.

(08-13-2021, 02:41 PM)E's Army Wrote: Pikeville is the Superman of 1A football
At least at this point of the season every year! Lol
Please update this post on 8/20 at 11pm
1A-PIKEVILLE
2A-BEECHWOOD
3A-BELFRY
4A-JOHNSON CENTRAL
5A-BOWLING GREEN
6A-LOU. MALE
(08-09-2021, 12:44 AM)SayreSpartan2006 Wrote: I’m calling it right now LCA winning 2A and Sayre will win 1 A behind Cole Pennington

Thumbnail(s)

Class A winner is between, Paintsville, Pikeville, and Raceland.

Class AA winner is going to be LCA.
(08-17-2021, 09:06 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Class A winner is between, Paintsville, Pikeville, and Raceland.

Pikeville is the favorite and Williamsburg  should be top 3 in 1A to start the season. Any of the top 3-4 teams could possibly win it all. I'm picking LCA to win 2A.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Patriot1
(08-17-2021, 10:00 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 09:06 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Class A winner is between, Paintsville, Pikeville, and Raceland.

Pikeville is the favorite and Williamsburg  should be top 3 in 1A to start the season. Any of the top 3-4 teams could possibly win it all. I'm picking LCA to win 2A.
Williamsburg? How many times have we heard that song? ??‍♂️
(08-18-2021, 12:17 AM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 10:00 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Williamsburg? How many times have we heard that song? ??‍♂️
Williamsburg is consistently in top 4 in 1A