Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why no Mayfield Cardinal info
(08-13-2021, 09:35 AM)jamesclay Wrote: If they Mayfield fans aren't flexing, they must be in store for a down season.
LOL! Truth. I used to say about Corbin but now we really got more of the Corbin "football guys" in here, not just guys that think they are better than everyone else. That or the 2 Louisville Central heartbreakers put some humbleness in the heart...but yeah, Mayfield usually is chirping, a lot, by now. I can't imagine they will be bad and will be in the thick of things soon enough.
Mayfield will be fine. We’ll find out in the next 2 weeks if they are good enough to go deep in the playoffs.
I think Beechwood and LCA are the best 2 teams and deserve the #1 and #2 seeds. In saying that, I do think Mayfield has the potential to be right there when all's said and done. They'll need to get better, but, they're the type team that usually does that and I could see a scenario where they could overtake one or the other and get a home game in the semi's. In my opinion, they're the only other team in 2A with that chance.
If Mayfield doesn't handle Tilghman and McCracken Co like they did Hopkinsville (13-18 point range), they'll need tremendous improvements to beat Beechwood or LCA.
For what its worth, I expect Mayfield to be 2 TD's better than both PT and MCHS