Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland/Wheelersburg (OH) Scrimmage
How did this go?
(08-14-2021, 01:53 AM)bac2369 Wrote: How did this go?
31-12 Burg
^ any details?
(08-14-2021, 02:07 AM)bac2369 Wrote: ^ any details?
I wasn’t there but I was told that it was 31-0 at halftime and Raceland’s only points came against Wheelersburg’s second string.  It sounds like we were outmatched and Wheelersburg is a team that can make a run at Ohio’s division 5 state championship.

Rams looked like it was a scrimmage and Burg played with energy and like it was a game . Rams played a lot of kids and rotated guys all over the place . Burg was the better team for sure. Good experience for the young Rams against a team that will go deep into the Ohio playoffs this year .
Speed….we got whipped upfront with speed. Until Raceland changes blocking schemes they will always get beat by better teams that have speed on the D line
(08-14-2021, 10:19 AM)Ramfan02 Wrote: Rams looked like it was a scrimmage and Burg played with energy and like it was a game . Rams played a lot of kids and rotated guys all over the place . Burg was the better team for sure. Good experience for the young Rams against a team that will go deep  into the  Ohio playoffs this year .

This was what Ohio calls a jamboree game which is a preseason live 4 quarter game.
I watched some of the film and clips from the game. Rams were a few tackles and blocking assignments away from this being competitive. We are in a better place than most, including myself even realize. Wheelersburg is a legit team this year and we wont likely see many teams, if any, like them this year. I dont think Belfry is as good as they may have been in the past, but they will be by years end. To open the season, if we can run the ball consistently (which we did at the end of last year after a horrendous start), and win the turnover battle, we can win against Ashland and Russell. Is it likely? No, but we are better than many may think. But early on, probably not as good as the, half full, philosophically bent fans may believe. But i do feel better about this team coming into week one than i have in a few years.