Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County @ North Laurel 08/20
Thoughts and predictions
Bell County 21
North Laurel 20
Jaguars may be too much for Bell this year. I believe Bell is pretty young this year.
Bell County 49-14
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-14-2021, 03:10 PM)DarthVader Wrote: Jaguars may be too much for Bell this year. I believe Bell is pretty young this year.

I'm looking forward to the Bobcats spanking the Jaguars.
Something tells me this is going to be a low scoring game.

Bell county 14
North Laurel 07
bell county young but has the skill to open it up, something about north doesnt smell right from an outsider looking in
bobcats by 21
north 28 - bell 7
North Laurel should have the best defense of the two teams this game will be a low scoring game bell just doesn’t have enough this early to win.

North Laurel 20
Bell County 13
(08-14-2021, 04:06 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 03:10 PM)DarthVader Wrote: Jaguars may be too much for Bell this year. I believe Bell is pretty young this year.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin  tell us how you really feel…

North has more talent than I can ever remember people talking about, but this might be the game that Daddy Larkey should have the headset. The closer the score the better chance Bell has of winning this one, Dudley is one of the best to ever do it, now I’m gonna go brush my teeth, that tastes really bad.
(08-16-2021, 06:48 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

North has more talent than I can ever remember people talking about, but this might be the game that Daddy Larkey should have the headset.  The closer the score the better chance Bell has of winning this one, Dudley is one of the best to ever do it, now I’m gonna go brush my teeth, that tastes really bad.
You know good and well that Corbin got their best talent. lol. Dudley will take Larkey to school.
  • TD Hounds
(08-15-2021, 11:11 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: bell county young but has the skill to open it up, something about north doesnt smell right from an outsider looking in
bobcats by 21
A stinky cat never smells right. lol
  • TD Hounds
Bell wins 28-14. North just seems to always be average, Bell will not be a world beater this year but they will get the job done in this one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fridaynightfights's post:
  • pjdoug
(08-17-2021, 09:51 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

North has more talent than I can ever remember people talking about, but this might be the game that Daddy Larkey should have the headset.  The closer the score the better chance Bell has of winning this one, Dudley is one of the best to ever do it, now I’m gonna go brush my teeth, that tastes really bad.
You know good and well that Corbin got their best talent. lol. Dudley will take Larkey to school.
Wink Smile

(08-17-2021, 09:52 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 11:11 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: bell county young but has the skill to open it up, something about north doesnt smell right from an outsider looking in
bobcats by 21
Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • pjdoug
(08-18-2021, 12:36 AM)fridaynightfights Wrote: Bell wins 28-14. North just seems to always be average, Bell will not be a world beater this year but they will get the job done in this one.

I agree with your assessment.
(08-18-2021, 11:40 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Wink Smile

bobcats by 21
Big Grin
I was resting my eyes at a party one time  after drinking all day and night, and somebody  got a rotten bowl of tuna out of the refrigerator with mold growing on it and stuck it under my nose, and I said b***** you need to go worsh that thang. lol
I really dont think this game will even be close.
(08-18-2021, 12:20 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 04:06 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I'm looking forward to the Bobcats spanking the Jaguars.

Wink Smile

bobcats by 21
Big Grin
I was resting my eyes at a party one time  after drinking all day and night, and somebody  got a rotten bowl of tuna out of the refrigerator with mold growing on it and stuck it under my nose, and I said b***** you need to go worsh that thang. lol
Shy Big Grin

(08-18-2021, 12:24 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I really dont think this game will even be close.

Fishing again Douglas?  Big Grin  I wouldn’t waste my time NL fans are like big foot you hear about them now and then, but you rarely ever see one…

Honestly this is one of those games that’s hard to predict, coaching acumen obviously goes to Bell but absent a Stephney type player I’m not sure Ole Dud can run the score up the way he’d like to.
(08-18-2021, 05:28 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(08-18-2021, 12:20 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 06:48 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin  tell us how you really feel…

Wink Smile

bobcats by 21
Big Grin
Shy Big Grin

(08-18-2021, 12:24 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I really dont think this game will even be close.

Fishing again Douglas?  Big Grin  I wouldn’t waste my time NL fans are like big foot you hear about them now and then, but you rarely ever see one…

Honestly this is one of those games that’s hard to predict, coaching acumen obviously goes to Bell but absent a Stephney type player I’m not sure Ole Dud can run the score up the way he’d like to.
I'm not a fan of smelly fish. lol. Some North Laurel fans are classless and poor sportsmen, so I like to amp the trash talk on them.  I like to poke at Bell,  Belfry and Corbin, but I really don't like North Laurel. Bell County will likely have a big return on opening kickoff and establish physical domination.
  • TD Hounds
Lmao this game is evenly matched I think North Laurel pulls this one out. I am obviously biased tho as i despise everything that Bell county is, was or ever will be and will never root for them even if ole Dudley was playing Satan himself but that’s the Rock in me and forever will be. Personally i find it funny that Larkey is so disliked their whole family is and will always be loved here in the Rock as Chris still lives and goes to church right here in Rockcastle and our fan base would be ecstatic to have him back we often talk about this Friday nights in the stands here and hopefully one day before he hangs up his clipboard we will see him back on OUR sidelines as I know his love for this county is the same. I hope Larkey puts up 100 points on Dudley bc this year Bell will be number 2 in the district same as last year and unlike last year we will eliminate them come playoffs as well.
(08-18-2021, 10:34 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: Lmao this game is evenly matched I think North Laurel pulls this one out. I am obviously biased tho as i despise everything that Bell county is, was or ever will be and will never root for them even if ole Dudley was playing Satan himself but that’s the Rock in me and forever will be. Personally i find it funny that Larkey is so disliked their whole family is and will always be loved here in the Rock as Chris still lives and goes to church right here in Rockcastle and our fan base would be ecstatic to have him back we often talk about this Friday nights in the stands here and hopefully one day before he hangs up his clipboard we will see him back on OUR sidelines as I know his love for this county is the same. I hope Larkey puts up 100 points on Dudley bc this year Bell will be number 2 in the district same as last year and unlike last year we will eliminate them come playoffs as well.

You might have won a state championship if you had Dudley for a coach. Your glory days are gone and things will only get worse if your goal is to get another Larkey for a coach. lol. I've watched Dudley coached teams smoke my team way too many times. but the man can flat out coach.
We didn’t need a Dudley at the Rock back when we had a Larkey we had the old man who dominated Bell county and Dudley in those days. Bell only started winning against us when he was on his way out and during Parkey’s time here. Last year Parkey got his first win over Dudley and Bell and looking forward to doing the same this year.
(08-19-2021, 01:28 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: We didn’t need a Dudley at the Rock back when we had a Larkey we had the old man who dominated Bell county and Dudley in those days. Bell only started winning against us when he was on his way out and during Parkey’s time here. Last year Parkey got his first win over Dudley and Bell and looking forward to doing the same this year.

You didn't win a state championship. Dudley has won on at more than one school. He is one of the best coaches whether you like him or not.
  • TD Hounds
(08-18-2021, 10:34 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: Lmao this game is evenly matched I think North Laurel pulls this one out. I am obviously biased tho as i despise everything that Bell county is, was or ever will be and will never root for them even if ole Dudley was playing Satan himself but that’s the Rock in me and forever will be. Personally i find it funny that Larkey is so disliked their whole family is and will always be loved here in the Rock as Chris still lives and goes to church right here in Rockcastle and our fan base would be ecstatic to have him back we often talk about this Friday nights in the stands here and hopefully one day before he hangs up his clipboard we will see him back on OUR sidelines as I know his love for this county is the same. I hope Larkey puts up 100 points on Dudley bc this year Bell will be number 2 in the district same as last year and unlike last year we will eliminate them come playoffs as well.

You like some drama or what?  Show me a post where me or anyone else on here actually stated that we disliked Larkey.  Actually I probably wouldn’t know the guy if he walked in the room with me right now.  That being said yes I do disagree with some of the decisions he makes and I don’t think that he’s that skilled at coaching, that’s my opinion and it seems I’m not the only one posting on here that shares that opinion.  All that being said it doesn’t really matter to me what he does, North Laurel was irrelevant when he got there, has continued to be irrelevant since he’s been there, and will be irrelevant long after he’s gone, it is the world we live in very little changes.

Not to rain on your parade but district champions are crowned in the post season now so technically Rock was number 2 last year.
Funny how you can sit back poke, make fun of or try an “call out the fans” as you all call it I’m not even a north Laurel fan I just know the Larkeys and I wouldn’t be a friend if I sit back and listened to or let you run them down for the decision they made. But then when someone steps up in their defense it’s oh your the one wanting drama that’s hilarious ever heard of don’t start no sh*t their won’t be none well maybe you should think of that before speaking. I call it straight up and if district were won in the off season why do we have a plaque saying district champions 2020. I agree you want to win every game in playoffs but your seeded based on where you finish regular season at in your district and like it or not Rock was 1st last year
(08-19-2021, 09:44 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:

You like some drama or what?  Show me a post where me or anyone else on here actually stated that we disliked Larkey.  Actually I probably wouldn’t know the guy if he walked in the room with me right now.  That being said yes I do disagree with some of the decisions he makes and I don’t think that he’s that skilled at coaching, that’s my opinion and it seems I’m not the only one posting on here that shares that opinion.  All that being said it doesn’t really matter to me what he does, North Laurel was irrelevant when he got there, has continued to be irrelevant since he’s been there, and will be irrelevant long after he’s gone, it is the world we live in very little changes.
The thing with North Laurel is you'd think they'd be able to compete with most teams in the state with good coaching, but they are mediocre year after year.
(08-19-2021, 11:53 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: Funny how you can sit back poke, make fun of or try an “call out the fans” as you all call it I’m not even a north Laurel fan I just know the Larkeys and I wouldn’t be a friend if I sit back and listened to or let you run them down for the decision they made. But then when someone steps up in their defense it’s oh your the one wanting drama that’s hilarious ever heard of don’t start no sh*t their won’t be none well maybe you should think of that before speaking. I call it straight up and if district were won in the off season why do we have a plaque saying district champions 2020. I agree you want to win every game in playoffs but your seeded based on where you finish regular season at in your district and like it or not Rock was 1st last year
I have friends that are not good football coaches. sugar coating and pumping them up to be great is pointless. North Laurel is not a good football program even though they should be. I love when they lose Smile
I agree NL should compete better then they do. They have had a few good seasons. NL before Larkey tho couldn’t win more then one or two games and since Larkey took over they haven’t had more then a few losing seasons. Rome was built over night but he has been there long enough that semi finals and finals should have been reached maybe he gets there before long maybe he doesn’t but NL football has been better since he arrived
(08-19-2021, 12:02 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: I agree NL should compete better then they do. They have had a few good seasons. NL before Larkey tho couldn’t win more then one or two  games and since Larkey took over they haven’t had more then a few losing seasons. Rome was built over night but he has been there long enough that semi finals and finals should have been reached maybe he gets there before long maybe he doesn’t but NL football has been better since he arrived
North Laurel has been like Whitley County and underachieved over the years, but Whitley has handled them in most games over the years. I think North Laurel is the largest 5A school in the state and probably near 6A numbers. I think they probably have at least 300 more students to choose from than schools such as South Laurel and Whitley County, so they have loads of talent to choose from yet, they remain mediocre.