Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Franklin County vs Scott County 08/20
Thoughts and predictions
This should be a great first game for both these teams. Franklin is one of those 4A teams to keep a eye on. Loaded with talent.

Franklin 21
Scott 20
This one has potential to be a great one! Great way to start a season for both teams.
(08-14-2021, 12:30 PM)64SUR Wrote: Thoughts and predictions

Scott County has scrimmage Bowling Green and Lou. Central and did fairly well, those are two very physical teams. So should be a good one. Never seen SC in a underdog role unless its FD, Trinity, Male or ST.X so Im sure they are loving playing the underdog role as many people think from what I have seen.
Most years Scott county would definitely be the favorite so I think Scott county in a close one.
Going with Scott County in a good one.

Scott County 35
Franklin County 20
Scott county the underdog! Ha! Nice try boys….
If Franklin's QB had more snaps under his belt I would pick FC. Being his first start, if I'm not mistaken, I'll have to give a slight edge to Scott Co. But I would not be at all surprised to see Franklin County win this game. I really like their scheme. It's just a tough first game for their new qb.
FC qb has a few starts, one as a sophomore vs central in the play offs, two or three wins last year when Broyles was hurt. He has started defense since he was a frosh at FC.

2 or three wins over the last few years.. rather.
[-] The following 2 users Like FCSPY's post:
  • Bull got out!, Jack Lambert
(08-16-2021, 10:17 AM)FCSPY Wrote: FC qb has a few starts, one as a sophomore vs central in the play offs, two or three wins last year when Broyles was hurt. He has started defense since he was a frosh at FC.

2 or three wins over the last few years.. rather.

Good enough for me then. I'll take FC 28 Scott Co. 17
One thing no one has mentioned in talking about the FC quarterback not getting many snaps. Scott Co. is starting a freshman quarterback Andrew Hickey this is the first time that Coach McKee has ever done this.
(08-14-2021, 09:07 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Scott county the underdog! Ha! Nice try boys….

The task is not as unbearable as it once was a few years ago. Scott County is closer to 4A than they are 6A. Not sure why but Great Crossing has about 500 more boys in there school than Scott County, even tough SC is still a good team, it isnt the same Scott County team as in the past. Once there new high school gets built, maybe the BOE will even things out. Cant overlook Scott though, heck of a coaching staff.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Daddy Bull's post:
  • TD Hounds
(08-16-2021, 06:25 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 09:07 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Scott county the underdog! Ha! Nice try boys….

The task is not as unbearable as it once was a few years ago. Scott County is closer to 4A than they are 6A. Not sure why but Great Crossing has about 500 more boys in there school than Scott County, even tough SC is still a good team, it isnt the same Scott County team as in the past. Once there new high school gets built, maybe the BOE will even things out. Cant overlook Scott though, heck of a coaching staff.

I’ve wondered if Scott Co and Great Crossing couldn’t have both petitioned to play down a class like FD did, think it would have definitely helped bring some stability to both programs after the split.  Scott Co will be back at that level but it’ll be a few years yet to get there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
(08-16-2021, 06:25 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

Should have said 500 more students
This feels like it could have the makings of good one...Is it on Friday or Saturday? I think it's part of the Battle for the Elkhorn bowl.
Friday 6 pm kick. Battle of Elkhorn Creek,

GC and Western Hills will play second.
I think Scott County rolls in this one. Campton Martin is back for a 5th yr and Scott County always plays a physical game. I don't think FC has the depth up front to stop the SC ground game for 4 quarters.

Scott County 35
Franklin County 14
(08-18-2021, 07:38 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: I think Scott County rolls in this one. Campton Martin is back for a 5th yr and Scott County always plays a physical game. I don't think FC has the depth up front to stop the SC ground game for 4 quarters.

Scott County 35
Franklin County 14
Shew, be shocked if either wins by 21. If you haven't seen Franklin Co. RB play he is worth the price of admission. I think a key issue could be I was told Franklin starts like 7 or 8 both ways. Not sure if Scott plays any both ways. Lets just pray nothing happens in the next 48 hrs.
(08-18-2021, 11:11 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(08-18-2021, 07:38 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: I think Scott County rolls in this one. Campton Martin is back for a 5th yr and Scott County always plays a physical game. I don't think FC has the depth up front to stop the SC ground game for 4 quarters.

Scott County 35
Franklin County 14
Shew, be shocked if either wins by 21. If you haven't seen Franklin Co. RB play he is worth the price of admission. I think a key issue could be I was told Franklin starts like 7 or 8 both ways. Not sure if Scott plays any both ways. Lets just pray nothing happens in the next 48 hrs.
Franklin should be a lot better than everyone thinks, they return a lot. Just watched there game against Boyle last year again. That defense gets better with age.
Cardinals 42-14.
Will this game be streamed or televised in any way?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • pjdoug
NFHS is carrying it, not sure of any others
So far Franklin Co. is laying a thumping on Scott Co. currently leading 21-0 after just one quarter. This is the worst Scott Co. has been dominated since Frederick Douglass beat them 36-0 in 2019.
Scott ain’t the Scott of old that’s for sure. Blow out city.
Either Franklin is one of the best teams in the state or Scott county is just not what they used to be, it’s going to be a fun season in 4A to see how it unfolds
(08-20-2021, 08:26 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Either Franklin is one of the best teams in the state or Scott county is just not what they used to be, it’s going to be a fun season in 4A to see how it unfolds

Scott co now is the impact of Great Crossing, next 2 years could be rough, but they have young talent coming to get them back up.