Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Clay County 08/20
Thoughts and predictions
Knox by 2 scores. Clay has the right coach but they are still a few years away.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fridaynightfights's post:
  • Tigerfan56
Clay County 28
Knox County 14
Clay's field is currently in the middle of having new turf installed, I'm pretty sure it won't be ready by kickoff, I wonder if this game will be moved to Knox or a neutral site?
(08-15-2021, 09:44 PM)Oldtiger Wrote: Clay's field is currently in the middle of having new turf installed, I'm pretty sure it won't be ready by kickoff, I wonder if this game will be moved to Knox or a neutral site?

Someone posted on another thread it will be played at Union College.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Oldtiger
Knox Central 35
Clay County 20
Yes, this one will be played at Union College; shifting Knox Central as the home team (not that it matters). I look for Clay’s field to take another two weeks at least. The Panthers are probably favored but I believe the Tigers will
put up a fight. Clay County should continue its recent theme of shifting to more of a passing team, they’ll need something out of the run game.
Glad to hear of good hype coming from Clay county. Would love to see them pull this one out not sure if they can but I’m going with the upset here.

Clay 28
Knox 20
I’ve not heard for sure whether Turner is gonna actually play football for KC this year or not, he’s a good enough athlete to affect the outcome of this game. Just from what I’m hearing and without Turner on the field I think Clay has enough to win this by as much as 3 scores, but in the other scenario it could be a tight one.
Khsaa showing this game is on a Saturday, can anyone confirm?
(08-16-2021, 07:42 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Khsaa showing this game is on a Saturday, can anyone confirm?
confirmed via clay county's Facebook page for Saturday 7:30 @ Union College.
Knox is way down this year, But they are still good enough to win this game
I think I will watch this one to see. Clay will have Adam Collins as there main weapon on offense. It being played on turf, he will be hard to deal with. Very explosive young man. Rice at QB will keep the defense at bay. Id say this will be a good game.
(08-17-2021, 09:15 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I think I will watch this one to see. Clay will have Adam Collins as there main weapon on offense. It being played on turf, he will be hard to deal with. Very explosive young man. Rice at QB will keep the defense at bay. Id say this will be a good game.

I’ve never heard more talk about football from the Clay fan base that I know than I’ve been hearing this year.  Seems Coach Sizemore might be building a little somethin somethin over there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Tigerfan56
Yeah, I want to see them play. Got a good QB, Running back and some wide outs and a sophomore lineman that will be hard to handle as well. Plays both ways.
(08-18-2021, 12:00 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Yeah, I want to see them play. Got a good QB, Running back and some wide outs and a sophomore lineman that will be hard to handle as well. Plays both ways.

I wouldn’t care to go watch but not sure it’d be safe wearing red n gray, Clay Co fans on one side and Knox Central on the other, would have to sit in the end zone…
  • Bull got out!
You can sit with me, I got family sitting in both bleachers . I’m in the same boat brother!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • TD Hounds
(08-18-2021, 05:38 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(08-18-2021, 12:00 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Yeah, I want to see them play. Got a good QB, Running back and some wide outs and a sophomore lineman that will be hard to handle as well. Plays both ways.

I wouldn’t care to go watch but not sure it’d be safe wearing red n gray, Clay Co fans on one side and Knox Central on the other, would have to sit in the end zone…

think of the recruits that you'll land. take plenty cash.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-18-2021, 05:51 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: You can sit with me, I got family sitting in both bleachers . I’m in the same boat brother!

We’d have to go armed if they seen two Corbin fans….

(08-18-2021, 08:39 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Big Grin  Your such a goober
  • Bull got out!
(08-18-2021, 09:59 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(08-18-2021, 05:51 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: You can sit with me, I got family sitting in both bleachers . I’m in the same boat brother!

We’d have to go armed if they seen two Corbin fans….

(08-18-2021, 08:39 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Big Grin  Your such a goober

I'm being silly trying to block pain from my mind. lol. if any of you pray please pray for migraines to go away and give me some rest Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-17-2021, 08:59 PM)insideinfo Wrote: Knox is way down this year, But they are still good enough to win this game

I agree with you for once, and I had forgotten that they have an interim coach.
(08-17-2021, 08:59 PM)insideinfo Wrote: Knox is way down this year, But they are still good enough to win this game

I agree with you for once, and I had forgotten that they have an interim coach.
Clay County has the potential to build something in football. The way they tailgate during the game down the visitors sideline is one of the cooler atmosphere's in Eastern Kentucky and I'm sure would really be something if they could get the wins going.
Something just isn't sitting right at Knox. Could make for a close game.
(08-19-2021, 04:25 PM)FallRock Wrote: Something just isn't sitting right at Knox. Could make for a close game.

FallRock as in Fallrock over in Manchester?
(08-19-2021, 12:23 AM)fridaynightfights Wrote: Clay County has the potential to build something in football. The way they tailgate during the game down the visitors sideline is one of the cooler atmosphere's in Eastern Kentucky and I'm sure would really be something if they could get the wins going.

True, we are very happy with the improvements made. Unfortunately, Clay (like the other teams) is up against an absolute juggernaut in Johnson Central. At least with the old way they did the Playoffs, teams like Clay had the chance for 1, maybe two wins in the postseason.
(08-19-2021, 04:37 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-19-2021, 04:25 PM)FallRock Wrote: Something just isn't sitting right at Knox. Could make for a close game.

many moons ago my friend
[-] The following 1 user Likes FallRock's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-19-2021, 06:51 PM)FallRock Wrote:
(08-19-2021, 04:37 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

many moons ago my friend
That’s Laurel Creek Dragon country.
(08-19-2021, 12:23 AM)fridaynightfights Wrote: Clay County has the potential to build something in football. The way they tailgate during the game down the visitors sideline is one of the cooler atmosphere's in Eastern Kentucky and I'm sure would really be something if they could get the wins going.
I've learned how to cook good and get fatter during the plandemic. I perfected hot dog chili using  historic Corbin and Jellico recipes as inspiration.
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, Tigerfan56
Knox and Clay tonight.