Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 2021, let's hear your thoughts
They gonna win the super bowl
[-] The following 2 users Like RAMDAD50's post:
  • Blue_Bird96, Ekybballer
They looked great tonight against Pike Central. To be fair though, PC was completely overmatched at every position. The Hawks may be in for a long season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • jetpilot
(08-14-2021, 11:12 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
Wouldn't surprise me at all to see them at Kroger in Dec. From what i've seen and heard about this team, the sky is the limit with the talent that's there. After saying all of that, it's up to these young men to do it. Gotta to work together to get it done though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHS DYNASTY's post:
  • jetpilot
They are very good. Ain’t much more you can say. They can sub every position and not really notice it besides at QB. But they were also very good last year and big headed and lost to a Hazard team that shouldn’t have beat them. And that all boils down to leadership. So hopefully they have found their leader which I suspect to be Blake Birchfield

Only thing that worries me is that on offense you have Zach Lockhart and Blake Birchfield. Same exact offense as last year. They are going to have to have Wade, Brandon Lowe, or Grant at TE step up and take away some of those keys off of the two stud playmakers.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
(08-14-2021, 11:27 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: They gonna win the super bowl
Gonna have to put you on ignore...long overdue...
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
(08-15-2021, 12:24 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: They looked great tonight against Pike Central. To be fair though, PC was completely overmatched at every position. The Hawks may be in for a long season.

No doubt that Pikeville is great.

However to say that PC is due for a long season?  PC were resting a handful of their more significant contributors last night.  Plus we decided not to run any plays with QB Tayvian Boykins.  We will be fine.
(08-15-2021, 12:36 PM)Mr. Pike Central Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 12:24 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: They looked great tonight against Pike Central. To be fair though, PC was completely overmatched at every position. The Hawks may be in for a long season.

However to say that PC is due for a long season?  PC were resting a handful of their more significant contributors last nightPlus we decided not to run any plays with QB Tayvian Boykins.  We will be fine.
Resting from what? A handful of practices? They need reps at this juncture, not rest. Seems like a losing attitude. Why bother with the scrimmage at all if rest is more important in early August?
They’re always the best before they start the season! Lol
(08-15-2021, 02:22 PM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
They’re always the best before they start the season! Lol
August 20th can't get here fast enough...
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
(08-15-2021, 01:35 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Resting from what? A handful of practices? They need reps at this juncture, not rest. Seems like a losing attitude. Why bother with the scrimmage at all if rest is more important in early August?

Let me re-word my statement, we are a little bit banged up at the moment, so not exactly resting.  

But hey we played the game.  Y'all done great.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mr. Pike Central's post:
  • jetpilot
(08-15-2021, 10:30 PM)Mr. Pike Central Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 01:35 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Resting from what? A handful of practices? They need reps at this juncture, not rest. Seems like a losing attitude. Why bother with the scrimmage at all if rest is more important in early August?

Let me re-word my statement, we are a little bit banged up at the moment, so not exactly resting.  

But hey we played the game.  Y'all done great.
Thanks for the info and to be clear I always root for Pike Central. Hope they are 100% healthy when the season starts.
[-] The following 3 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Mr. Pike Central, PHS DYNASTY, PHSForever
Pikeville shouldn’t have to bow to anyone this year, especially with the performance paintsville put on the other day against middlesboro. I do not know much about what the tigers had injury wise or what the deal was but if the reigning state champs can’t step it up then pikevegas is rolling to kroger.
(08-15-2021, 10:55 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Pikeville shouldn’t have to bow to anyone this year, especially with the performance paintsville put on the other day against middlesboro. I do not know much about what the tigers had injury wise or what the deal was but if the reigning state champs can’t step it up then pikevegas is rolling to kroger.
Definitely the Same old Pikeville song and dance lol. We’ll have to see how the season shakes out! Only program in 1A that wins it all every year in August! Lol
(08-16-2021, 01:48 PM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 10:55 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Pikeville shouldn’t have to bow to anyone this year, especially with the performance paintsville put on the other day against middlesboro. I do not know much about what the tigers had injury wise or what the deal was but if the reigning state champs can’t step it up then pikevegas is rolling to kroger.
Definitely the Same old Pikeville song and dance lol. We’ll have to see how the season shakes out! Only program in 1A that wins it all every year in August! Lol
Lol. A lot of the hyperbole comes sarcastically from other commenters. But hey, 5 state titles kinda gets you preseason respect... congrats again to Paintsville on their first title in their 100th program year. Definitely a season for the ages for that program.
I can’t wait for August 20 either. Always feels good to play Paintsville and I missed it last year win or lose. Blue bird how come you always chirp about last year and never talk about 2019?
[-] The following 3 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • jetpilot, PHS DYNASTY, PHSForever

However to say that PC is due for a long season?  PC were resting a handful of their more significant contributors last night.  Plus we decided not to run any plays with QB Tayvian Boykins.  We will be fine.
I could be wrong, but after seeing them Saturday and looking at their schedule, I don't see them being favored in more than 2, maybe 3 games.
(08-16-2021, 09:45 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:

I could be wrong, but after seeing them Saturday and looking at their schedule, I don't see them being favored in more than 2, maybe 3 games.
Pikeville does have a pretty tough schedule
(08-16-2021, 10:53 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 09:45 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:

Pikeville does have a pretty tough schedule
Yes but I think he means Pike Central. And he is right, they won't be favored in many of their games.
Pikeville will be focused every week this year considering how their season ended last year.  They hopefully learned a lesson to not overlook anyone.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

[-] The following 2 users Like Poseidon's post:
  • jetpilot, PHS DYNASTY
Simply put they are the favorites in 1A, but the favorites don’t always win. There are 3 teams that can win 1A and Pikeville is one of them.
I will add my simply put. If Pikeville is on their game they are 3 TDs better than anyone in Class A talent-wise.
That is if. We will see if they are on their game Friday night. If they aren't, I won't give them much chance to get another title. But I do expect them to be on their game.