•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Afghanistan
Bombings in Kabul have resulted in American casualties - both civilian and military, numbers unknown. Joe Biden's incompetence has turned deadly. He is taking his marching orders from the Taliban.

Hopefully, Biden had already given orders to mobilize additional American troops in case they are needed to retake Kabul or Bagram AFB to evacuate all remaining Americans safely.
Joe Biden should have already resigned in disgrace. What a horrible human being! Will he blame Trump for these deaths? Kamala Harris is equally incompetent but it is time for her to come home and call the members of the Cabinet together. It is time to pull out the 25th Amendment and show Biden the door.

Quote:Kabul Airport Explosion Kills Four U.S. Marines Amid Evacuations

Multiple casualties among Americans and Afghans were reported

The U.S. ambassador in Kabul has told staff there that four U.S. Marines were killed in an explosion at the city’s airport and three wounded, a U.S. official with knowledge of the briefing said. Two explosions ripped through crowds of Afghans trying to enter the airport on Thursday.
At least three U.S. troops were injured, a U.S. official said. Witnesses reported multiple fatalities among the Afghans, many of whom were trying to enter the airport because they had assisted U.S.-led coalition efforts and feared persecution by the Taliban.
Western governments have [color=var(--color-blue)]repeatedly warned of an imminent attack by Islamic State and urged their citizens not to approach the airport. After the blasts, the U.S. Embassy told all Americans to leave the entrances to the airport immediately.[/color]
12 American military service members have now died in the Kabul bombing attacks and the toll may rise. There are no good options available to the Biden administration. It has been obvious for days that the withdrawal operation was badly botched. The most honorable thing that Biden could do would be to apologize to the families of those killed and injured and then resign immediately. He should not be the Commander-in-Chief to order our troops to risk their lives to fix the situation that he created. Kamala Harris could not do any worse job than Biden is doing.
(08-26-2021, 05:12 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: 12 American military service members have now died in the Kabul bombing attacks and the toll may rise. There are no good options available to the Biden administration. It has been obvious for days that the withdrawal operation was badly botched. The most honorable thing that Biden could do would be to apologize to the families of those killed and injured and then resign immediately. He should not be the Commander-in-Chief to order our troops to risk their lives to fix the situation that he created. Kamala Harris could not do any worse job than Biden is doing.
Quooter awful hard on President Biden did you call for Reagan to resign after getting 240 marines killed in Beirut ? You might not be old enough to recall that TRT can.
Many members of our armed services have been killed in the line of duty in the past. Few have died because of incompetence on the scale that Joe Biden exhibits every day. Biden alone owns the decision to yield territory, weapons, vehicles, aircraft, and infrastructure to the Taliban before American troops and civilians were evacuated. The Taliban should never have been allowed near the American evacuation operation.
(08-26-2021, 05:27 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Many members of our armed services have been killed in the line of duty in the past. Few have died because of incompetence on the scale that Joe Biden exhibits every day. Biden alone owns the decision to yield territory, weapons, vehicles, aircraft, and infrastructure to the Taliban before American troops and civilians were evacuated. The Taliban should never have been allowed near the American evacuation operation.
Dr. Quooter 240 marines died for the incompetence of Reagan but he did get them out of their he seen theirs no helping those people
20 year war the last three presidents wouldn’t get us out of. They weren’t doing it for the good of Afghanistan; they knew it would be a sh! T show and the MIC was paying too good.
^This was the third-highest death toll in a 20-year war and the deaths were a direct result of Joe Biden's incompetence. You Biden supporters should be ashamed of yourselves but nobody is expecting any show of patriotism or remorse from you now. I am curious to see how low Biden's approval ratings will need to go for him to lose the support of a single village idiot.
(08-26-2021, 09:53 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: ^This was the third-highest death toll in a 20-year war and the deaths were a direct result of Joe Biden's incompetence. You Biden supporters should be ashamed of yourselves but nobody is expecting any show of patriotism or remorse from you now. I am curious to see how low Biden's approval ratings will need to go for him to lose the support of a single village idiot.
He won't lose my support for pulling out of Afghanistan.  He will lose it for going back in.  

Aww...Hooter, you know what it's like to be a hooplehead you followed Trump through Covid and an Insurrection.  Now you're trying to ignore the fact that he brought the Taliban back to power.  Hell, he let most of their leadership out of prison.  

Maybe Biden will have this straightened up in 15 days, hooter.
(08-27-2021, 09:01 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(08-26-2021, 09:53 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: ^This was the third-highest death toll in a 20-year war and the deaths were a direct result of Joe Biden's incompetence. You Biden supporters should be ashamed of yourselves but nobody is expecting any show of patriotism or remorse from you now. I am curious to see how low Biden's approval ratings will need to go for him to lose the support of a single village idiot.
He won't lose my support for pulling out of Afghanistan.  He will lose it for going back in.  

Aww...Hooter, you know what it's like to be a hooplehead you followed Trump through Covid and an Insurrection.  Now you're trying to ignore the fact that he brought the Taliban back to power.  Hell, he let most of their leadership out of prison.  

Now you told a lie President Obama let them out and you know it.. even that was on the almighty Yahoo that you quote most of the time. All presidents make decisions I don’t agree with but not with the incompetence of this one. He can’t bring back the lives of those services men. Yes men do die in wars but not in stupid evacuations when you pull your military before the civilians. Then send them back to be surrounded by the people who hate this country (not talking about Democrats here but it seems like they hate this country too). I pray for our President just like I did the last one and others before them. Hope we get the people out of this mess without any more loss of life.
(08-27-2021, 10:52 AM)Patriot1 Wrote:

Now you told a lie President Obama let them out and you know it.. even that was on the almighty Yahoo that you quote most of the time. All presidents make decisions I don’t agree with but not with the incompetence of this one. He can’t bring back the lives of those services men. Yes men do die in wars but not in stupid evacuations when you pull your military before the civilians. Then send them back to be surrounded by the people who hate this country (not talking about Democrats here but it seems like they hate this country too). I pray for our President just like I did the last one and others before them. Hope we get the people out of this mess without any more loss of life.
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/20...-role-rel/

"The U.S. envoy chosen by President Donald Trump, Zalmay Khalilzad, has publicly confirmed that he requested and secured the release of senior Taliban official Abdul Ghani Baradar from prison in Pakistan ahead of negotiations to end the war in Afghanistan.

• Trump’s secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, was among the U.S. officials who met with Baradar during negotiating sessions.
• It’s too early to call Baradar the “president” of Afghanistan since no such leadership decision has been publicly announced."

I don't quote Yahoo.  But with that said Yahoo News is generally reposting an AP, Reuters, or another reputable news source.
(08-27-2021, 11:10 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

"The U.S. envoy chosen by President Donald Trump, Zalmay Khalilzad, has publicly confirmed that he requested and secured the release of senior Taliban official Abdul Ghani Baradar from prison in Pakistan ahead of negotiations to end the war in Afghanistan.

• Trump’s secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, was among the U.S. officials who met with Baradar during negotiating sessions.
• It’s too early to call Baradar the “president” of Afghanistan since no such leadership decision has been publicly announced."

I don't quote Yahoo.  But with that said Yahoo News is generally reposting an AP, Reuters, or another reputable news source.
Yes if it agrees with yahoo’s Democratic philosophy they will release it but other wise they bury it. Now that about Trump releasing Baradar is true but those insurgents that was with him in the offices that was abandoned by the government of Afghanistan that fled where some prisoners that Obama had let go out of Gizmo and that’s the truth even though you won’t admit it. Democrats only hear what tickles their ears sort of like some Christians do today. Hope you have a wonderful day bye
(08-27-2021, 11:36 AM)Patriot1 Wrote:

Yes if it agrees with yahoo’s Democratic philosophy they will release it but other wise they bury it. Now that about Trump releasing Baradar is true but those insurgents that was with him in the offices that was abandoned by the government of Afghanistan that fled where some prisoners that Obama had let go out of Gizmo and that’s the truth even though you won’t admit it. Democrats only hear what tickles their ears sort of like some Christians do today. Hope you have a wonderful day bye
Broad overgeneralizations galore.  Dodgy

I'm certain some of those guys were released by Obama.  Some were released by W too.  

But you boys are whining about the Taliban when Trump is just as responsible. 

BTW I've stated on here before this is one of the few things Trump and I agree on.  I would have made a deal with anybody to get our people out.

Afghanistan begins releasing last Taliban prisoners as peace deal forges ahead | Fox News
US to draw down troops in Afghanistan, Iraq by Jan. 15, Pentagon says | Fox News
(08-27-2021, 12:10 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 09:01 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: He won't lose my support for pulling out of Afghanistan.  He will lose it for going back in.  

I'm certain some of those guys were released by Obama.  Some were released by W too.  

BTW I've stated on here before this is one of the few things Trump and I agree on.  I would have made a deal with anybody to get our people out.
No I disagree this is none of Trumps fault, Biden has changed every policy that Trump put in place and that’s his right. Now that Biden went along with this one you guys want to put the blame on Trump. He could have changed it so don’t go there that is not right to say. Trump done enough to get the blame he deserves but not this one. See that what aggravating to me on how you guys see everything it’s always some other organizations fault not the great Democratic Party when it’s obvious that they are just as bad as the other party. I hope one day everyone will look at things threw eyes not colored red or blue glasses until then this country is going to be split. Just like Afghanistan with all the different groups in that country will never have peace and the United States is getting just about to that point. Have a great day I am gone no use bickering back and forth to no point of making any difference in anything
(08-27-2021, 12:45 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 10:52 AM)Patriot1 Wrote: Now you told a lie President Obama let them out and you know it.. even that was on the almighty Yahoo that you quote most of the time. All presidents make decisions I don’t agree with but not with the incompetence of this one. He can’t bring back the lives of those services men. Yes men do die in wars but not in stupid evacuations when you pull your military before the civilians. Then send them back to be surrounded by the people who hate this country (not talking about Democrats here but it seems like they hate this country too). I pray for our President just like I did the last one and others before them. Hope we get the people out of this mess without any more loss of life.

No I disagree this is none of Trumps fault, Biden has changed every policy that Trump put in place and that’s his right. Now that Biden went along with this one you guys want to put the blame on Trump. He could have changed it so don’t go there that is not right to say. Trump done enough to get the blame he deserves but not this one. See that what aggravating to me on how you guys see everything it’s always some other organizations fault not the great Democratic Party when it’s obvious that they are just as bad as the other party. I hope one day everyone will look at things threw eyes not colored red or blue glasses until then this country is going to be split. Just like Afghanistan with all the different groups in that country will never have peace and the United States is getting just about to that point. Have a great day I am gone no use bickering back and forth to no point of making any difference in anything

So you are saying Biden should have changed Trump's awful plan, and do what?  Send more troops in?  Start this conflict right back up?  

The last 4 presidents own this.  You can interchange them and the same thing would have happened on the withdrawal.
(08-27-2021, 10:52 AM)Patriot1 Wrote: Now you told a lie President Obama let them out and you know it.. even that was on the almighty Yahoo that you quote most of the time. All presidents make decisions I don’t agree with but not with the incompetence of this one. He can’t bring back the lives of those services men. Yes men do die in wars but not in stupid evacuations when you pull your military before the civilians. Then send them back to be surrounded by the people who hate this country (not talking about Democrats here but it seems like they hate this country too). I pray for our President just like I did the last one and others before them. Hope we get the people out of this mess without any more loss of life.

Patriot1 President Biden wanted out of Afghanistan a long time ago he new we couldn't win this one that's why he went a long with Trump's plan enough is enough after 20 years $2.26 trillion dollars wasted over 4 thousand American men and women killed time to go. I guess you and Quooter would have stayed that's the way I have interrupt your complaining I just think it's a no win situation but you can't help people who won't help themselves you have to agree with that. And the Taliban was going to end up with the weapons anyway they just got them sooner than anyone would thought. After everything that has happend would of been better off taken the weapons with us after what good the Afghanistan military used them for.
(08-27-2021, 01:15 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 11:10 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/20...-role-rel/

Patriot1 President Biden wanted out of Afghanistan a long time ago he new we couldn't win this one that's why he went a long with Trump's plan enough is enough after 20 years $2.26 trillion dollars wasted over 4 thousand American men and women killed time to go. I guess you and Quooter would have stayed that's the way I have interrupt your complaining I just think it's a no win situation but you can't help people who won't help themselves you have to agree with that. And the Taliban was going to end up with the weapons anyway they just got them sooner than anyone would thought. After everything that has happend would of been better off taken the weapons with us after what good the Afghanistan military used them for.
@vector#1  these are some of the same people who said it is what it is, FREEDOMS, and we got to live our lives as COVID ravages the nation.  
The IRONY!
Come on guys me being an old coal miner knows better than pulling your military before you get you citizens out no matter who’s plan it was. You 2 are idiots for believing anything different. Unlike you 2 if anyone had done it my opinion would have been the same. Covid is another case in its own but you two have to try to deflect by bringing up something else and if you 2 can set there and say President Biden isn’t having trouble with his speaking and remembering you are a lost cause. I wish he would just turn the teleprompter around to the camera and let the people read it because he always mumbles threw it now that is the truth which is called FACTS something you 2 can’t see threw those blue tinted glasses
(08-27-2021, 01:12 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 11:10 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/20...-role-rel/

So you are saying Biden should have changed Trump's awful plan, and do what?  Send more troops in?  Start this conflict right back up?  

The last 4 presidents own this.  You can interchange them and the same thing would have happened on the withdrawal.
Liar. Only 1 president owns the shameful withdrawal that disgraced the USA.
(08-27-2021, 02:59 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: Come on guys me being an old coal miner knows better than pulling your military before you get you citizens out no matter who’s  plan it was. You 2 are idiots for believing anything different. Unlike you 2 if anyone had done it my opinion would have been the same. Covid is another case in its own but you two have to try to deflect by bringing up something else and if you 2 can set there and say President Biden isn’t having trouble with his speaking and remembering you are a lost cause. I wish he would just turn the teleprompter around to the camera and let the people read it because he always mumbles threw it now that is the truth which is called FACTS something you 2 can’t see threw those blue tinted glasses

The Biden Administration, US intelligence, and the Pentagon have some explaining to do.  I'll say it again...I look forward to the Congressional Investigation.    All three supported a withdrawal of the military because they believed in the paper tiger that was the Afghan military.   Any administration would have done the same.  Don't pretend Trump would have done any different he signed the peace treaty with the very terrorists that made the Afghan govt. run away.   

Covid is the crisis that Trump faced and he failed it, so it is relevant.

(08-27-2021, 03:04 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 11:36 AM)Patriot1 Wrote: Yes if it agrees with yahoo’s Democratic philosophy they will release it but other wise they bury it. Now that about Trump releasing Baradar is true but those insurgents that was with him in the offices that was abandoned by the government of Afghanistan that fled where some prisoners that Obama had let go out of Gizmo and that’s the truth even though you won’t admit it. Democrats only hear what tickles their ears sort of like some Christians do today. Hope you have a wonderful day bye

Believe what you want.  
I believe you don't know what "liar" means.  

What was your plan Jet Pilot?
(08-27-2021, 03:49 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 02:59 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: Come on guys me being an old coal miner knows better than pulling your military before you get you citizens out no matter who’s  plan it was. You 2 are idiots for believing anything different. Unlike you 2 if anyone had done it my opinion would have been the same. Covid is another case in its own but you two have to try to deflect by bringing up something else and if you 2 can set there and say President Biden isn’t having trouble with his speaking and remembering you are a lost cause. I wish he would just turn the teleprompter around to the camera and let the people read it because he always mumbles threw it now that is the truth which is called FACTS something you 2 can’t see threw those blue tinted glasses

The Biden Administration, US intelligence, and the Pentagon have some explaining to do.  I'll say it again...I look forward to the Congressional Investigation.    All three supported a withdrawal of the military because they believed in the paper tiger that was the Afghan military.   Any administration would have done the same.  Don't pretend Trump would have done any different he signed the peace treaty with the very terrorists that made the Afghan govt. run away.   

(08-27-2021, 12:10 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Broad overgeneralizations galore.  Dodgy

Believe what you want.  

Liar. You certainly know what a liar is and are well practiced in the art. Yet, you are still not a proficient liar. It certainly makes sense that you would identify so closely with Joe Biden, who is one of the absolute worst liars among politicians that I have ever seen.

(08-27-2021, 12:10 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Broad overgeneralizations galore.  Dodgy

Believe what you want.  

Serial lies from serial liar. My plan was to keep the Taliban at bay like Trump did until we got all of our people and equipment out, not sneak out and leave a lot of our people to get killed and let Taliban, Iran, Russia, China have all our equipment and technology. Not to mention getting disgraced while a bunch of people got killed and are still getting killed. This is one of the worst, if not THE worst, national disgraces in US history and it is all on the Biden administration. And everyone knows it except the village idiots.
Patriot1 their is NO good outcome from leaving a War when you lose unless you can explain what it would be this is coming from another old Coal Miner for 42 years all underground. What they thought would happen is the Afghanistan military would hold them off until they got their people out in 13 days we have  evacuated 82,300 people they are about 1,500 Americans left then our military this is when it's going to get hairy could lose more people that's where the Taliban comes in. They will have to provide security until we leave hard to stop a suicide bomber. President Biden said he owns it do you want to go back in their for another 20 years ?

(08-27-2021, 04:24 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

(08-27-2021, 12:45 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: No I disagree this is none of Trumps fault, Biden has changed every policy that Trump put in place and that’s his right. Now that Biden went along with this one you guys want to put the blame on Trump. He could have changed it so don’t go there that is not right to say. Trump done enough to get the blame he deserves but not this one. See that what aggravating to me on how you guys see everything it’s always some other organizations fault not the great Democratic Party when it’s obvious that they are just as bad as the other party. I hope one day everyone will look at things threw eyes not colored red or blue glasses until then this country is going to be split. Just like Afghanistan with all the different groups in that country will never have peace and the United States is getting just about to that point. Have a great day I am gone no use bickering back and forth to no point of making any difference in anything

Believe what you want.  

Serial lies from serial liar. My plan was to keep the Taliban at bay like Trump did until we got all of our people and equipment out, not sneak out and leave a lot of our people to get killed and let Taliban, Iran, Russia, China have all our equipment and technology. Not to mention getting disgraced while a bunch of people got killed and are still getting killed. This is one of the worst, if not THE worst, national disgraces in US history and it is all on the Biden administration. And everyone knows it except the village idiots.
Jet don't think it's the Taliban it's ISIS. The equipment was staying what was the Afghanistan Military going to use rocks ? Don't think we left them with our best stuff or something China and Russia didn't know about at least let's hope that. WRONG the worst disgrace happened on January 6th now that's a disgrace for the ages. We have had thousands killed in the middle east for years. 
Does it look good no war never does unless you are on the end making all the money from them. President said he owns it time to get out. After Civil War the attack on our capitol televised live all over the world that's #2 of all time disgraces.
(08-27-2021, 05:36 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
Patriot1 their is NO good outcome from leaving a War when you lose unless you can explain what it would be this is coming from another old Coal Miner for 42 years all underground. What they thought would happen is the Afghanistan military would hold them off until they got their people out in 13 days we have  evacuated 82,300 people they are about 1,500 Americans left then our military this is when it's going to get hairy could lose more people that's where the Taliban comes in. They will have to provide security until we leave hard to stop a suicide bomber. President Biden said he owns it do you want to go back in their for another 20 years ?

(08-27-2021, 04:24 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

(08-27-2021, 01:12 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: So you are saying Biden should have changed Trump's awful plan, and do what?  Send more troops in?  Start this conflict right back up?  

Believe what you want.  

Jet don't think it's the Taliban it's ISIS. The equipment was staying what was the Afghanistan Military going to use rocks ? Don't think we left them with our best stuff or something China and Russia didn't know about at least let's hope that. WRONG the worst disgrace happened on January 6th now that's a disgrace for the ages. We have had thousands killed in the middle east for years. 
Does it look good no war never does unless you are on the end making all the money from them. President said he owns it time to get out. After Civil War the attack on our capitol televised live all over the world that's #2 of all time disgraces.
Didn’t know you were a coal miner victor#1. Glad to hear that we were in the mines about the same many years but you beat me by 1. I would have got that many if they hadn’t put us all out of business. I enjoyed it for the most part but it did get to be tough at the end. But I respect you for getting that many years in.
I agree with MAJ Scheller. He took a stand that he knew would cost him his career. MAJ Scheller left the top brass no choice but to relieve him of command but everybody has to decide when their principles are more important than their career or their money. If the officers who knew Biden's Afghanistan withdrawal plan in advance had resigned in protest, then many lives might have been saved.

A Marine officer posted a video calling out senior leaders in Afghanistan. He was relieved of command.
(08-28-2021, 02:01 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I agree with MAJ Scheller. He took a stand that he knew would cost him his career. MAJ Scheller left the top brass no choice but to relieve him of command but everybody has to decide when their principles are more important than their career or their money. If the officers who knew Biden's Afghanistan withdrawal plan in advance had resigned in protest, then many lives might have been saved.

A Marine officer posted a video calling out senior leaders in Afghanistan. He was relieved of command.
This guy will have his own show on FOX by this time next year good career move.

Or running for some kind of public office
[-] The following 1 user Likes vector#1's post:
  • Cardfan1
(08-28-2021, 02:16 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 02:01 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I agree with MAJ Scheller. He took a stand that he knew would cost him his career. MAJ Scheller left the top brass no choice but to relieve him of command but everybody has to decide when their principles are more important than their career or their money. If the officers who knew Biden's Afghanistan withdrawal plan in advance had resigned in protest, then many lives might have been saved.

You may be right, but most successful military commentators on the cable news channels retired with ranks above Major. If he is interested in a cable news career, then his prospects for success would have been better if he had played it safe until he had served at least 20 years and retired with a rank of at least LT Colonel.
(08-28-2021, 02:50 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

You may be right, but most successful military commentators on the cable news channels retired with ranks above Major. If he is interested in a cable news career, then his prospects for success would have been better if he had played it safe until he had served at least 20 years and retired with a rank of at least LT Colonel.
Dr Quooter their is a right way to do things and he didn't their is a chain of command to speak your gripes and I am sure it's not social media he is lucky he will get his pension. Can't let this be normal in the military whether he's right or wrong.
(08-28-2021, 03:02 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 02:50 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Dr Quooter their is a right way to do things and he didn't their is a chain of command to speak your gripes and I am sure it's not social media he is lucky he will get his pension. Can't let this be normal in the military whether he's right or wrong.
I said that he left the top brass no choice. He knew what their reaction would be. If he is lucky, then he will be allowed to resign his commission in lieu of receiving a court-martial and keep his rank.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next