Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Covid Cancellation Rule
As you all know last year if a game was not able to be played because of Covid the game was ruled a no contest and the team who had to cancel did not have to take a forfeit. Well this year if you have to cancel a game because of Covid your team will take a forfeit if there is no way for you all to work out a reschedule with the opponent. 

What is your all’s thoughts on that?
No problem with it. It’s unfortunate but it is what it is. Shouldn’t penalize a team that can play for a team that can’t play.
Simple fix. Players, do not get tested unless it’s an emergency. If you’re sick just stay home! But what do I know ?
Going to affect the RPI’s this season at some point. Someone somewhere will get screwed over. Not sure what the answer is.
(08-20-2021, 02:12 PM)T-CATS Wrote: Going to affect the RPI’s this season at some point. Someone somewhere will get screwed over. Not sure what the answer is.

The answer is clear. open your eyes and you will see Smile
(08-20-2021, 10:25 AM)VoR_58 Wrote: Simple fix. Players, do not get tested unless it’s an emergency.  If you’re sick just stay home! But what do I know ?

Stop being dumb please.
(08-20-2021, 02:54 PM)jamesclay Wrote:
(08-20-2021, 10:25 AM)VoR_58 Wrote: Simple fix. Players, do not get tested unless it’s an emergency.  If you’re sick just stay home! But what do I know ?

Stop being dumb please.

Stop trembling in fear and live.
That’s just like, my opinion mannn. I mean yes, if you can’t hardly breathe and have a high fever go to the hospital. If you lose your taste and have a snotty nose, just stay home. Most kids are not going to have life threatening symptoms, so just stay home and quarantine. No use in ruining everything for everyone else.
I agree with this and yes….the answer is stop testing. There is no need to test all the time . When have we ever constantly tested for the flu during flu season ?? Never
I love it. If this had been the case last season a bunch of cowards… I mean colonels… wouldn’t have been able to affect the seeding of the 4a playoffs.
This is how the rule is structured.

Team A is scheduled to play Team B.

Team A has a player test positive for Covid and is forced to go into quarantine.

Team B now has the option to try to find another opponent that week to make up for the game with Team A.

If Team B is able to find a game with Team C, then Team A would just lose a game that week and it would go down as another Bye Week.

If Team B is unable to find an opponent to play that week, then it goes down as a forfeit loss for Team A and a forfeit win for Team B.

(08-20-2021, 04:41 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: This is how the rule is structured.

Team A is scheduled to play Team B.

Team A has a player test positive for Covid and is forced to go into quarantine.

Team B now has the option to try to find another opponent that week to make up for the game with Team A.

If Team B is able to find a game with Team C, then Team A would just lose a game that week and it would go down as another Bye Week.

If Team B is unable to find an opponent to play that week, then it goes down as a forfeit loss for Team A and a forfeit win for Team B.
Sorry to clarify it further. Team A would also have the option to add a game in their original Bye Week to make up for the game they would lose due to quarantine, if they chose to do so. I'm not 100% sure if they would be able to add a game if they were forced to forfeit.

So Team A has Bye Week in Week 9.

Team A has to quarantine the week of their game with Team B in Week 2.

Team B picks up a game with Team C in Week 2 to make up the game they won't play with Team A.

Team A gets a Bye Week now in Week 2.

Team A can then schedule another opponent for their original Bye Week in Week 9.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • RAMDAD50
Kick ‘em off!! Get busy livin’ and get busy dyin’…tots ‘n pears.
Getting vaccinated we help with most of these cancellations
(08-20-2021, 04:36 PM)Single Wing 77 Wrote: I love it. If this had been the case last season a bunch of cowards… I mean colonels… wouldn’t have been able to affect the seeding of the 4a playoffs.

Why do you have a bunch of cowardly Colonels on your team?
(08-20-2021, 05:37 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: Getting vaccinated we help with most of these cancellations
You’re a idiot
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • pjdoug