Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln County 50 Somerset 20
Final
Lincoln supposedly looked really good. Was able to do whatever they wanted with little resistance from Somerset. Maybe Somerset is down more than most thought this year. I know Lincoln was a solid team last year and returned pretty much their team so maybe it’s more of how much improved Lincoln is or little of both the season will tell as it gets played out.
(08-20-2021, 09:50 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: Final
Lincoln supposedly looked really good. Was able to do whatever they wanted with little resistance from Somerset. Maybe Somerset is down more than most thought this year. I know Lincoln was a solid team last year and returned pretty much their team so maybe it’s more of how much improved Lincoln is or little of both the season will tell as it gets played out.

Little bit of both. Somerset only has 5 or 6 seniors and the star power of the last few years is gone. They will get better as the season goes on but they have a ways to go. This was always expected to be a rebuilding year for Somerset, but the departure of the Smith twins in the off-season definitely set them back further than expected. Any small school team in Kentucky would be hurt pretty bad when two D1 players transfer out.

That said, by all accounts it seems like Lincoln Co. has a strong team this year. I hope they can continue to improve and make a nice run.
I thought Lincoln County would win, but not by that much.
(08-20-2021, 10:00 PM)RoShamBo Wrote:

Little bit of both. Somerset only has 5 or 6 seniors and the star power of the last few years is gone. They will get better as the season goes on but they have a ways to go. This was always expected to be a rebuilding year for Somerset, but the departure of the Smith twins in the off-season definitely set them back further than expected. Any small school team in Kentucky would be hurt pretty bad when two D1 players transfer out.

That said, by all accounts it seems like Lincoln Co. has a strong team this year. I hope they can continue to improve and make a nice run.
Where did the players go? Southwestern?
(08-20-2021, 10:07 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-20-2021, 10:00 PM)RoShamBo Wrote:

Where did the players go? Southwestern?

The Loomis Chaffee school in Connecticut, a private boarding school.

I think a couple players SSYP'd and went to Southwestern also, yes, but the Smith twins went to a private school in Connecticut.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • pjdoug