Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 16 Ashland 7
Final
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Way to go Rams!
Raceland made less mistakes. Ashland has a long ways to go. Forget the fumbles and penalties….they couldn’t even get lined up right tonight
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • T-CATS
Raceland makin an early statement. Nice win.
That is a nice win congratulations to the Rams
This was definitely a good win. Ashland is a good team.
Raceland was the better team tonight. Congrats on the W and good luck the rest of the season. Ashland looked like a team that lost 88 percent of the offense and their top 8 tacklers on D. Offensive line played bad but to be fair those guys are used to run blocking and Ashland is trying to become more balanced. Offensive coordinator for Ashland his first game not sure about his play calling, schemes and Ashland needs a speed back.
Nice to see the little 1A teams win against larger schools, Go Rams!!
Congratulations Raceland.
Congrats from Mossy Bottom! 1A football in eastern Ky hard to beat
Dadburnit!!
Can’t believe nobody has anything else to say about this game haha
My take on the game...

Ashland in no way came out like a title team ready to defend their title by imposing their will. They looked like a team that expected us to lay down for them. Very undisciplined play put them behind the curve early on. They seemed to lack an identity offensively and looked to be in rebuild, rather than reload, like they usually do. Turnovers, mental mostakes, etc. Very uncharacteristic of the Tomcats.

Raceland, on the other hand, came out with a defensive mindset that they havent had in several years. Very fast, very physical. Shutdown the edge. Held Ashland to well under 100 yards rushing and the 200 or so they gave up through the air, came on a 70 yard screen (#2 from Ashland needs the ball in his hands more), and on the last drive when it really didnt matter woth us in a prevent defense. Truthfully, from the start of the game to the end, Raceland controlled the LOS with its speed and the DBs covered like a blanket, and our LB play was very good.

Obviously you inow most of the big names on the Raceland roster. But can we please take a moment and recognize Ethan Conlon and Issac Browning???!!! Thise two were lights out last night. Our roster isn't as heavy as its been for awhile, this is the first time in a long time that we have had less than 50 kids. But our depth is really nice.

Only negative I can say about Raceland last night, was we left some points off the board. The dropped TD pass that turned into an INT and we were 1 missed block away from another TD the drive after that. Thise two mistakes put points up and its not even a close game at all.

But, this team full of sophs and jrs stepped up and never failed to rise to the challenge, each time Ashland atarted to gain momentum. We are much better this year than last, we are more complete at this point, than i feel we were at the end of the year last year. This could be a special group this year and next.
I was really impressed with the QB….forget his name. He’s a good looking kid and he didn’t perform like a first year starter. We did leave points off the board but that’s something you will alway have to live with when Salmons is calling the plays. I know it’s his team and it’s his Philosophy to chew up clock and nudge the offense down the field but I believe in stretching the field and putting pressure on your Opponent by attacking offensively and I always trying to control the football. But I’m not a coach I’m just a Saturday morning armchair quarterback. Why can’t we score once we are inside the ten yard line? We lost a chance at a state championship last year cause we couldn’t score from the one yard line and we started this year off with two possessions stopped inside Asslands 10 yard line. One with no points and the other we kicked a field goal. I believe the coaching staff needs to look at this moving forward and fix this situation. Was a good win and we have a lot of good looking kids
Congratulations Rams.
Lundy has a big future. Has the size and atheleticism for days. Once he gets his accuracy dialed in he will be a big problem. The long ball is getting better, but not where im sure he wants it to be. But he led us well last night. Looked nothing like his first game as a starter.
Great win by the Rams . Really controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball . 150 on the ground and no sacks allowed on offense and only 50 on the ground by the D . Now enjoy the win and then get ready for Russell next week