Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keian Worrix Transfers to Pikeville
(10-12-2021, 08:52 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 03:52 PM)Huck Fin Wrote: Let's punish a child in the midst of everything going on in the world today.
JOKE= when enforcing your own rule is even more ludicrous than not.

Betsy Layne has a football player thst transferred from Prestonsburg before the first game ever started. Lived in Betsy Layne district. Moved before the season started and was ruled ineligible. Didn’t have his hearing till October 3. Had the hearing and then said they’d get back with him with a ruling in 2-3 weeks. He’ll miss all but the playoffs if he’s ruled eligible.

My apologies. That is sad.
No child deserves to miss their senior season for any reason. If transfers aren't granted then should be other options available from khsaa in the wake of covid.
Now, Worrix has been ruled ineligible. I believe he does live in pikeville now. I think he is fighting the decision and if he can change it, will be a huge help to this pikeville roster. Easy favorites for district and possibly region.
(10-26-2021, 12:02 AM)MotoManiac11 Wrote: Now, Worrix has been ruled ineligible. I believe he does live in pikeville now. I think he is fighting the decision and if he can change it, will be a huge help to this pikeville roster. Easy favorites for district and possibly region.
I’m wondering why anyone would get in this young man’s ear WITHOUT looking into the Covid year transfer guidelines? It’s possible he doesn’t play at all? I’d hate to be the person that knocked him out of that.
The House Bill for the extra year clearly addresses where you must play if you apply for the extra year. Rules are rules.
(10-31-2021, 11:08 PM)THOMCAT Wrote: The House Bill for the extra year clearly addresses where you must play if you apply for the extra year.  Rules are rules.
Do the rules apply for every sport?  If so, how does a football player become eligible when they transferred to another school?
The KHSAA has not made a ruling yet. I dont see how they can keep the kid from playing, there is already a precedent set from this years football season. Numerous schools have transfers that came in for their senior year.

repeat senior year that is
(11-01-2021, 05:38 PM)Hambley Wrote: The KHSAA has not made a ruling yet. I dont see how they can keep the kid from playing, there is already a precedent set from this years football season. Numerous schools have transfers that came in for their senior year.

I am not talking about this kid in particular, but how can you let a kid repeat senior year and play but not let a kid who moves and repeats senior year play? Makes no sense. If it were my kid I would be in court if I had to and I don't think a judge would let it stand. Can't exclude a kid just because his family moves.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Hambley
(11-02-2021, 01:30 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 05:38 PM)Hambley Wrote: The KHSAA has not made a ruling yet. I dont see how they can keep the kid from playing, there is already a precedent set from this years football season. Numerous schools have transfers that came in for their senior year.

I am not talking about this kid in particular, but how can you let a kid repeat senior year and play but not let a kid who moves and repeats senior year play? Makes no sense. If it were my kid I would be in court if I had to and I don't think a judge would let it stand. Can't exclude a kid just because his family moves.
I agree if you have allowed it in football then you have to give any sport the same treatment. I don’t understand how KHSAA rules any kid ineligible with the complete utter disregard for their own rules they show. I don’t agree with reasons given for transfers but KHSAA has shown zero consistency in these matters over the years. So let’s not punish Kids for the mistakes of adults
(11-02-2021, 08:36 AM)Truewords Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 01:30 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

I agree if you have allowed it in football then you have to give any sport the same treatment. I don’t understand how KHSAA rules any kid ineligible with the complete utter disregard for their own rules they show. I don’t agree with reasons given for transfers but KHSAA has shown zero consistency in these matters over the years. So let’s not punish Kids for the mistakes of adults
^^^My point!!!^^^
I hope he picks up a scholarship he’s a great kid, sad KHSAA has done him this way! I’d have love to saw him win the region.
Idk if it is even an option for him or if would want to do this but can he just go back to SV and play? Kid came back to play and sounds like he's just going to be sitting in a classroom all year after he's already graduated from SV. Sounds like someone didn't explain the SB 128 transfer rule to him before he decided to go to Pikeville.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
Pikeville gets by with everything. They might as well bring back players who have graduated. they would get them eligible. Julian Tackett is a poor excuse for a KHSAA commisoner. Look at the transfers they have every year. What if pikeville had to use home grown athletes? They would be in big trouble, Look at all of thier sports. Transfers Transfers Transfers!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay. I watched this thread get out of hand. Everyone always talks about Pikeville transfers on this site. No one ever mentions any other program. Belfry has tons of kids that doesn’t even live in the state and some are not even from this country. Pike central last year only had one kid from Pike Central in their starting lineup. This off season BL has got a transfer from Floyd Central. Floyd Central has three One from BL, one from Prestonsburg and Burke back from Paintsville. Prestonsburg lost One to JC and got one from June Buchanan. Martin County lost their previous Transfers in Butcher and Davis. They decided to go back to their original school. Last year East Ridge got Sykes back from Shelby Valley. So he went East Ridge to Valley back to East Ridge and no one said a peep. Who knows who Phelps has brought in cause no one ever talks about them. JC did get Rose from PBurg. This is just in Basketball. So let’s not act like Pikeville is the only one that does it. It’s happens all over the Region and the state. If a kid decides he wants to play somewhere else. Who cares. Let them play. They only get to do High School once.
(11-03-2021, 11:52 AM)Grinch1 Wrote: Okay. I watched this thread get out of hand.  Everyone always talks about Pikeville transfers on this site.  No one ever mentions any other program.  Belfry has tons of kids that doesn’t even live in the state and some are not even from this country.  Pike central last year only had one kid from Pike Central in their starting lineup.  This off season BL has got a transfer from Floyd Central.  Floyd Central has three One from BL,  one from Prestonsburg and Burke back from Paintsville. Prestonsburg lost One to JC and got one from June Buchanan.  Martin County lost their previous Transfers in Butcher and Davis. They decided to go back to their original school.  Last year East Ridge got Sykes back from Shelby Valley.  So he went East Ridge to Valley back to East Ridge and no one said a peep.  Who knows who Phelps has brought in cause no one ever talks about them.  JC did get Rose from PBurg.  This is just in Basketball.  So let’s not act like Pikeville is the only one that does it.  It’s happens all over the Region and the state.  If a kid decides he wants to play somewhere else. Who cares.  Let them play.  They only get to do High School once.
Roses whole family transferred not just for athletics his aunt is a teacher there, but I still get what you’re saying it happens everywhere
(11-03-2021, 01:53 PM)Gold River Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 11:52 AM)Grinch1 Wrote: Okay. I watched this thread get out of hand.  Everyone always talks about Pikeville transfers on this site.  No one ever mentions any other program.  Belfry has tons of kids that doesn’t even live in the state and some are not even from this country.  Pike central last year only had one kid from Pike Central in their starting lineup.  This off season BL has got a transfer from Floyd Central.  Floyd Central has three One from BL,  one from Prestonsburg and Burke back from Paintsville. Prestonsburg lost One to JC and got one from June Buchanan.  Martin County lost their previous Transfers in Butcher and Davis. They decided to go back to their original school.  Last year East Ridge got Sykes back from Shelby Valley.  So he went East Ridge to Valley back to East Ridge and no one said a peep.  Who knows who Phelps has brought in cause no one ever talks about them.  JC did get Rose from PBurg.  This is just in Basketball.  So let’s not act like Pikeville is the only one that does it.  It’s happens all over the Region and the state.  If a kid decides he wants to play somewhere else. Who cares.  Let them play.  They only get to do High School once.
Roses whole family transferred not just for athletics his aunt is a teacher there, but I still get what you’re saying it happens 
I get that. If his Dad was still coach at Pburg he would still be there though.   And I think his Dad may still work in the Floyd County school system.   My point is everyone on this board only makes a big deal about when Pikeville gets a transfer. Heck this thread was made for that reason.  No thread was started about Rose or any other kid or team transferring or getting a transfer.  Just always wondered what the infatuation with Pikeville is.  Let kids go where they want and be happy. Their only kids once.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grinch1's post:
  • Hambley
There will be disagreement on this issue forever. Your tax $s at work.
(11-03-2021, 11:03 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Pikeville gets by with everything. They might as well bring back players who have graduated. they would get them eligible. Julian Tackett is a poor excuse for a KHSAA commisoner. Look at the transfers they have every year. What if pikeville had to use home grown athletes? They would be in big trouble, Look at all of thier sports. Transfers Transfers Transfers!!!!!!!!!!!

Your asking the wrong question. People tend to point out there are a couple transfers at this school or that. I tend always wonder why they LEFT where they were at. Usually pretty obvious.
I agree all schools have transfers in and out. This thread is about 1 specific young man and the supplemental year rule. Along with how inept the KHSAA and their enforcement or lack of enforcement of rules
is he finally back at Valley?
(11-04-2021, 05:23 PM)Truewords Wrote:
I agree all schools have transfers in and out. This thread is about 1 specific young man and the supplemental year rule. Along with how inept the KHSAA and their enforcement or lack of enforcement of rules
Numerous kids across the state have took advantage of the supplemental rule and have transferred and played football this season.  I could name  a few kids but just to pull one for you. A kid from Montgomery County. Held back and transferred to Madison Central. Played QB for them this year.   

My point on this thread is.  Tons of kids across the state have used this rule and transferred and have gotten eligible. For some reason tho only this kid on this board has been mentioned.  If they have let other kids already do it then he should be allowed too.  KHSAA has already set the precedent by allowing multiple kids across the state to do the same thing Worrix has done.    I think some people on here are just upset he went to Pikeville. If he  came to some of these posters favorite school they would be extremely happy. My thing is Worrix is doing what he thinks is best for his future. Why was his name the only name mentioned when he comes to the supplemental year. I think it’s because it involves everyone on here being obsessed with Pikeville and he gets his name dragged in it for who know why.
Has Worrix got the answer he needs and deserves from KHSAA