Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bishop Sycamore (OH)@ Johnson Central (Canceled)
(09-01-2021, 08:56 PM)MountainMamba Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 08:21 PM)German Eye Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 04:44 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: I believe part of JC problem in finding opponents is a direct result of Coach Matney. I know he often treats officials with complete lack of respect, he's been known to run the score up, and frankly last time I was at JC the sound guy was doing obnoxious "denied" stuff at incredibly high volume on run plays for no gain when the score was roughly 42-0 in the 3rd quarter. This may not be a popular post but just my opinion from my own observations and things I've been told by others.

Ridiculous and fake news.
How about you just call him out! PulpFiction he’s talking about you!

Here We Go....

Woah Huh
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old guy's post:
  • Pulp Fiction
I hope JC gets game this week. Would be a shame for 1 of the best teams in the state to miss back to back games. I think crazy for any healthy team to turn down a game right now when things are so uncertain. I was amazed that no one would play Pikeville last week. These teams that are turning games down other than covid protocol is really just robbing these kids who only gets 40 regular season games In there whole high school careers. Would love to see the JC vs LCA game would be one of the best games in the state this year.
LCA is looking for a game
(09-01-2021, 10:21 PM)Coach00 Wrote: LCA is looking for a game
We have reached out to LCA but they have declined to play. According Coach Charles they’ve decided you use this week to heal up. We hope to get a future series with them.
(09-01-2021, 10:59 PM)Coach Booth Wrote:
We have reached out to LCA but they have declined to play. According Coach Charles they’ve decided you use this week to heal up. We hope to get a future series with them.
SMH
I'm posting this on Thursday morning @ 7:05am & according to the KHSAA scoreboard......

Johnson Central is Open this week (duh).
Paintsville is Open this week.

Both teams are needing a game and are less than two miles apart.
Some people will say I'm living in the past, but JC could go five straight weeks without a game. At this point, anything is better than not playing.
8/27 - Canceled vs. Lexington Catholic
9/3 - Canceled vs. Bishop Sycamore, OH.
9/11 - Cahokia, IL. (Still scheduled)
9/17 - Rock Creek Christian Academy; Upper Marlboro, MD. (Still scheduled)
9/24 - This is listed as a scheduled Open date.

With Ms. Rona still going crazy (and I have no inside info on this), but as of now, I find it hard to believe that a team from the St. Louis metro area & a team from the D.C. metro area will travel to Eastern KY. for a football game..... I could be wrong, but that's a lot of travel for those teams in a pandemic. Some area schools are already closing down in-school sessions & extra-curricular activities. Those two teams may not cancel, but the Johnson County school system may be shut down for a few weeks if this keeps up (again, I have no inside knowledge.... just speculation on my part). If the two out-of-state teams do cancel, or JC can't play for whatever reason, we might be able to pick up some games in their place, but who knows. Our district games are less than impressive, Henry Clay is having a rough start thus far and Belfry seems to be struggling as well. No disrespect to those teams, but facts are facts. Those are major factors in having a good RPI.... I realize there are things in life bigger than having a good RPI, I'm just making an observation. So please don't jump on me with both feet.

There are only so many weeks in a season and so few chances to play.... I hate it for the kids in all grades of school, but JC has such a great senior class, it sucks not being able to see them play under those Friday night lights.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pulp Fiction's post:
  • ekywildcat
Yeah, I really hate the fact that we cannot find a game. Some of these kids came back for a "do over" of their senior season. I am with you, Paintsville, needs a game and JC needs a game. I know there is little to be gained by us playing Paintsville, but at this point, we just need a game...period.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old guy's post:
  • ekywildcat
Long time no see, BGR.

And I wonder if the guy defending Bishop Sycamore upthread has a handle on Yappi. 

Prep Gridiron Logistics, company behind Bishop Sycamore/IMG game, detailed the whole mess on message boards https://awfulannouncing.com/high-school/...oards.html

Good on Johnson Central for backing out of this game.
(09-01-2021, 10:59 PM)Coach Booth Wrote:
Apparently Henderson County has reached out to JC for a game this Friday 9-3

Maybe they could meet in the somewhere in between like Lexington to play. LCA field should be available.
(09-03-2021, 03:28 AM)Westside Wrote:

This guy is a leech.