Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bishop Sycamore (OH)@ Johnson Central (Canceled)
I guess there is no such thing as bad press coverage. Lol
Bishop Sycamore was badly overmatched against IMG but they have some talent. Staying within 10 for a half against Archbishop Hoban showed that they have a solid defense, just not much depth. I expect that Johnson Central will wear them down and pull away in the second half but I won't be surprise if the game is competitive for a half. OTOH, all of the negative publicity this week may demoralize BS. I just hope that they don't cancel at the last minute.
(08-30-2021, 10:40 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Bishop Sycamore was badly overmatched against IMG but they have some talent. Staying within 10 for a half against Archbishop Hoban showed that they have a solid defense, just not much depth. I expect that Johnson Central will wear them down and pull away in the second half but I won't be surprise if the game is competitive for a half. OTOH, all of the negative publicity this week may demoralize BS. I just hope that they don't cancel at the last minute.

Bishop Sycamore has some dudes that look like you want your football players to look, but they have zero technique and coaching. Hoban lost a lot to graduation from the season before and still won, 38-0 once they got their offense figured out.

Looks like Boyle County has a open date for Friday, if I'm JC I'm thinking about giving Haddix a call.
(08-30-2021, 10:48 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
(08-30-2021, 10:40 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Bishop Sycamore was badly overmatched against IMG but they have some talent. Staying within 10 for a half against Archbishop Hoban showed that they have a solid defense, just not much depth. I expect that Johnson Central will wear them down and pull away in the second half but I won't be surprise if the game is competitive for a half. OTOH, all of the negative publicity this week may demoralize BS. I just hope that they don't cancel at the last minute.

Bishop Sycamore has some dudes that look like you want your football players to look, but they have zero technique and coaching. Hoban lost a lot to graduation from the season before and still won, 38-0 once they got their offense figured out.

Looks like Boyle County has a open date for Friday, if I'm JC I'm thinking about giving Haddix a call.
It's hard to maintain good form when you are exhausted when you get off the bus and are facing some of the top players in the country who are fresh as a daisy. Everything you say may be true but I don't think how BS looked against IMG is a good measuring stick. Those coaches are living dangerously though. If a player had been seriously injured or died on the field yesterday, then I would not want to be the lawyer to defend them in court.
Bishop Sycamore is a traveling train wreck. JC should not allow them in their facilities.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, VoR_58
Allegedly BS has some juco dropouts playing for them? That’s according to a report I saw on Twitter.
JC should cancel this game now, it appears this place is a sham factory where a couple of “coaches” are making money off kids backs and leaving the kids high and dry.
The biggest shame is that Johnson Central has to schedule teams like BS, because teams in Kentucky will not play Johnson Central.
[-] The following 1 user Likes German Eye's post:
  • Hatz
Bishop Sycamore will be shut down before Friday.
(08-31-2021, 11:32 AM)jamesclay Wrote: Bishop Sycamore will be shut down before Friday.

You may be spot on with this from what I have read. Everything stinks about that program.
(08-31-2021, 09:17 AM)German Eye Wrote: The biggest shame is that Johnson Central has to schedule teams like BS, because teams in Kentucky will not play Johnson Central.

I'm positive that's not true. No a lot of the smaller schools may pass, but who could blame them. Frankly Johnson Central is playing 4a when they should be a 5a school.
Friday night fight find j c a game you call Madison central Boyle Pulaski 

Say j c wants to play let us all no 
What answer you get.
(08-31-2021, 11:38 AM)fridaynightfights Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 09:17 AM)German Eye Wrote: The biggest shame is that Johnson Central has to schedule teams like BS, because teams in Kentucky will not play Johnson Central.

I'm positive that's not true. No a lot of the smaller schools may pass, but who could blame them. Frankly Johnson Central is playing 4a when they should be a 5a school.
I am curious why JC should be in 5A. Does their enrollment actually exceed the #'s allowed per 4A? 

Not being confrontational, just wondering?

Thanks
Wished Pikeville hadn't picked up LCC. Would like to see JC vs Pikeville this week.
Manti Te’o’s Girlfriend won homecoming queen for them is the running joke of the day on Twitter. JC can’t play them Friday. ESPN was deceived into putting them on TV Sunday also.
[-] The following 1 user Likes T-CATS's post:
  • Glory_Days
Thought I'd share these articles about this story:

https://www.cbssports.com/high-school/fo...g-academy/

https://awfulannouncing.com/high-school/...ories.html
KSR has a story up on them also. Head Coach has an active warrant out of Delaware Ohio for his arrest. Can’t make this stuff up.
(08-31-2021, 12:38 PM)Iggyfan Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 11:38 AM)fridaynightfights Wrote:

I am curious why JC should be in 5A. Does their enrollment actually exceed the #'s allowed per 4A? 

Not being confrontational, just wondering?

Thanks

yes but the protested because their nearest district game would’ve been Laurel County and got a waiver to play down is my understanding.
Head coach has stepped down.
Tweet from UK Quarterback
Will Levis
@will_levis
·
27m
Need a 30 for 30 on Bishop Sycamore ASAP
Complex interviewed a former player.

The player claims there is no school, the players lived in a hotel for 5 months that the coach/AD paid for with bad checks. The kids had to rob stores just to eat. There was zero supervision, no practices, etc they just showed up to play the games. Said almost everyone on the team was 19 or 20 and from mostly New York City.

http://www.complex.com/sports/bishop-sycamore-high-school-player-interview?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=socail&utm_campaign=sportsfb&fbclid=IwAR3uvj1gwvUWM8Hiq0J8xLyyl9hARKnZX_1PoO8Ty_kt12g-LRQHpCUAfPU

If JC still chooses to still play this game and hand money over to these guys you’re part of the problem with all these allegations coming out.
If I read initially IMG had 58 on the board in the second quarter. I almost watched that game but had no interest. JC wins by a similar score
(08-31-2021, 12:26 PM)eagles2011 Wrote: Friday night fight find j c a game you call Madison central Boyle Pulaski 

Say j c wants to play let us all no 
What answer you get.
My brain hurts.. WHAT?
At this point if there is anyway to schedule another team I would probably pull the trigger. This just seems like too much of a headache. JC wants to win another championship this year and with Covid already disrupting the season they don’t need this distraction too.
I agree, however, that is always the problem....
Getting someone to agree to play....
One thing about it. If the game is played, my bet is you can expect a lot of media from around the country to be in town including ESPN.
(08-31-2021, 04:10 PM)Westside Wrote: One thing about it.  If the game is played, my bet is you can expect a lot of media from around the country to be in town including ESPN.
That’s a fact.
I'd say this team is following all the strict COVID protocols as well. Johnson Central is taking numerous risks if they play this game.
I just saw on Mountain Top Sports Facebook page that Johnson Central has cancelled that game and is looking for a replacement.
[/url]

[Image:
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/138...bigger.jpg]

Brian Milam

@brianwkyt

·
[url=https://twitter.com/brianwkyt/status/1432790194671996936]11m

Johnson Central principal Justin Arms confirms to WKYT: "The Johnson Central football game with Bishop Sycamore has been canceled for this Friday."