Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(8) Kentucky vs. (11) South Carolina
Even with Brinkley, South Carolina had major trouble stopping the run (see my earlier post #8 in this thread for stats). Now without him, I think UK needs to just line up, ram it down their throat, and dare them to stop us. Then, when they are good and worn out, we can air it out to Burton, Lyons, and Johnson!

Really, our offense has to be an absolute nightmare for opposing defensive coordinators...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Even with Brinkley, South Carolina had major trouble stopping the run (see my earlier post #8 in this thread for stats). Now without him, I think UK needs to just line up, ram it down their throat, and dare them to stop us.

Running game will be the key for Kentucky. I'm surprised everyone thinks this is going to be a shootout. Honestly, I think it will be a low scoring affair - a grinder with the run game the deciding factor.

I think the Cats will win: 24-17
I don't think UK can get into the 40 in this one but I think both teams will end up in the 30's
jammin' jamey Wrote:Running game will be the key for Kentucky. I'm surprised everyone thinks this is going to be a shootout. Honestly, I think it will be a low scoring affair - a grinder with the run game the deciding factor.

I think the Cats will win: 24-17

I had picked the Cats, 35-27. Not exactly a shootout, but I think we get into the thirties...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This mornings line had SC as a 3 1/2 point favorite.
I really hope we win this game. UK is getting no respect on ESPN.com, the polls have us as the upset of the week right now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
give it to the cats by 1 TD
all i want to say is good luck and i hope the CATS win then i will comment on LSU.
ComfortEagle Wrote:I really hope we win this game. UK is getting no respect on ESPN.com, the polls have us as the upset of the week right now.

I agree. The national media can't stand it that Notre Dame, Michigan, Florida, Tennessee, West Virginia and perennial favorites are not in the Top 10/Top 5 and dominating. It discredits the network "experts" when teams like South Florida, Boston College and Kentucky defy their "logic" and succeed on the field. They are just waiting for say, Kentucky, to lose Thursday night because they'll feel better about themselves and say the UKs and South Floridas (Boise State last year) are just flukes and blimps on the College Football radar.
You are absolutely right JJ, the so called experts hate seeing teams like South Florida, UK, and Boston College being successful. I love it when teams that arent on the national radar go out and play their butts off and get big wins like those teams have done this year and in the process making the experts look stupid. Like Corso who I cant stand, and Herbstriet and so on and so forth, although Herbstreit has said a few good things about UK football. Thats why I hate making picks and all that, I just like to sit back and watch the games, thats the best way to go. Just sit and watch the upsets happen, I really love it when it happens to Florida and Michigan and some of those other teams, and I am going to love it if UK wins Thursday night, because I hate Spurrier with a passion. Go Cats!!!!!
The forecast for tomorrows game is RAIN (40%). How will this affect Kentucky? South Carolina has already played in it against LSU.
Go Cats! This will tell if they truely are a top 10 team. If they can beat SC, more people will take notice. Most are under the impression though, that if they can't beat or at least play with LSU & Fla., that they haven't got over the hump. I think they have at least turned the corner.
blitz43 Wrote:Go Cats! This will tell if they truely are a top 10 team. If they can beat SC, more people will take notice. Most are under the impression though, that if they can't beat or at least play with LSU & Fla., that they haven't got over the hump. I think they have at least turned the corner.
I don't think UK fans or media really had a standard for UK football until last season. We are far over the hump that we were originally trying to get over. Now we have the standards set higher and a brand new hump to overcome.
blackcat_student Wrote:The forecast for tomorrows game is RAIN (40%). How will this affect Kentucky? South Carolina has already played in it against LSU.

I don't see it effecting us that much. SC is really good at defending the pass so I think we were going to stick to the run a little more than we have seen this year in the first place. But I honestly don't see it raining enough tomorrow to effect Woodson or any of the receivers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cats win in a gut wrenching see saw battle 24-17 and sniff out the ole ball coach's trick play at the end.
Less than 24 hours to game time people! I am getting pumped...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tonight baby- LETS GO CATS! I think uk will pull this one off, no doubt SC is one of the best teams in the SEC or even the Nation this year with a redshirt Freshmen in Chris Smelley who looks to be a good qb for SC in years to come.
The forecast for Columbia is RAIN...in mass amounts...like almost 2 inches by the end of the game.

This may hurt our running game I am afraid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
just seen the weather report rain and thunder in the area i hope this does not hurt UK GO BIG BLUE.
Uk-42
Sc-21
I honestly don't think the rain will hurt our chances that much. SC has a really good pass defense, and the coaches knew that going in to the game.

We have some of the best running backs no one's ever heard of in Little and Dixon, so I think we were planning on being pretty run-heavy from the get-go. They shouldn't have to adjust too much. I just hope they can hang on to the ball. Expect a lot of fumbles tonight.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:I honestly don't think the rain will hurt our chances that much. SC has a really good pass defense, and the coaches knew that going in to the game.

We have some of the best running backs no one's ever heard of in Little and Dixon, so I think we were planning on being pretty run-heavy from the get-go. They shouldn't have to adjust too much. I just hope they can hang on to the ball. Expect a lot of fumbles tonight.

I agree, I don't see the rain giving any team an edge tonight. We were probably planning on emphasizing the ground game against Carolina's suspect run defense anyway. It may push the total score for the game down a bit, though.

And you're right, there may be a few fumbles with the slippery ball...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rain = :[
lol lou holtz was just on espn saying no way kentucky could beat south carolina.. said this is the same SC team that held Kentucky to 10 points in 59 minutes last year
Can't Wait to watch this one!!! I wish I got off work b4 8 though!!
Forde said in his chat on ESPN today that Kentucky is the better team and he doesn't see the rain effecting us negatively because we are so balanced on offense.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[quote=jammin' jamey]Running game will be the key for Kentucky. I'm surprised everyone thinks this is going to be a shootout. Honestly, I think it will be a low scoring affair - a grinder with the run game the deciding factor.

I think the Cats will win: 24-17[/QUOAmen to that.If we dont establish the run and we start passing every down you will see Woodson's weakness,,his inability to scramble.
This isn't looking good, but I still have faith in our offense.