Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden/Harris administration wants access to your bank account
Big Brother Biden wants the IRS to look at all of your financial transactions and track the balance in your bank accounts.Is this what Biden voters voted for?

Quote:Groups push back against Biden’s plan to grant IRS access to your bank account (and PayPal) transaction data

The proposals could be ruled unconstitutional.

Banking industry officials and other financial services firms are bracing for a long fight over a bill that will require banks to share consumer account information with the Internal Revenue Service to boost federal tax revenue.

This notion originally gained traction this spring within the American Families Plan by the Biden administration. But bankers and even some consumer groups have slammed it as a compliance concern and a privacy issue. Financial institutions already provide the IRS with large quantities of data.

As part of the 3.5 trillion dollar budget reconciliation package proposed by the Biden administration, legislators are considering this invasive proposal as an income source to fund the massive budget.

The Biden administration argued that bank surveillance would prevent tax evasion, but many are obviously concerned that it’s a breach of the Fourth Amendment (which protects people from unreasonable searches and seizures by the government) and would also favor those who are embracing the move towards decentralized finance and cryptocurrencies, as well as those that use off-shore accounts.

The proposals would force banks to report every deposit and withdrawal related to a bank account and would also include centralized companies such as PayPal, Venmo, (owned by PayPal), CashApp, and cryptocurrency exchanges.

This would take place on bank accounts that have an incoming or outgoing amount of $600 within a year, meaning that most Americans would be the target of the surveillance.

The proposals would mean the IRS would have up-to-date information about how much cash is in a citizens’ bank account.
(09-10-2021, 12:45 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Big Brother Biden wants the IRS to look at all of your financial transactions and track the balance in your bank accounts.Is this what Biden voters voted for?

Quote:Groups push back against Biden’s plan to grant IRS access to your bank account (and PayPal) transaction data

Banking industry officials and other financial services firms are bracing for a long fight over a bill that will require banks to share consumer account information with the Internal Revenue Service to boost federal tax revenue.

This notion originally gained traction this spring within the American Families Plan by the Biden administration. But bankers and even some consumer groups have slammed it as a compliance concern and a privacy issue. Financial institutions already provide the IRS with large quantities of data.

As part of the 3.5 trillion dollar budget reconciliation package proposed by the Biden administration, legislators are considering this invasive proposal as an income source to fund the massive budget.

The Biden administration argued that bank surveillance would prevent tax evasion, but many are obviously concerned that it’s a breach of the Fourth Amendment (which protects people from unreasonable searches and seizures by the government) and would also favor those who are embracing the move towards decentralized finance and cryptocurrencies, as well as those that use off-shore accounts.

The proposals would force banks to report every deposit and withdrawal related to a bank account and would also include centralized companies such as PayPal, Venmo, (owned by PayPal), CashApp, and cryptocurrency exchanges.

This would take place on bank accounts that have an incoming or outgoing amount of $600 within a year, meaning that most Americans would be the target of the surveillance.

The proposals would mean the IRS would have up-to-date information about how much cash is in a citizens’ bank account.
Quooter if it get's tax cheaters yes I pay my taxes everybody else should also by the way 

"Employees have no right to engage in political protest while on the company clock. None."
(09-10-2021, 01:02 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 12:45 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Big Brother Biden wants the IRS to look at all of your financial transactions and track the balance in your bank accounts.Is this what Biden voters voted for?

Quooter if it get's tax cheaters yes I pay my taxes everybody else should also by the way 

"Employees have no right to engage in political protest while on the company clock. None."
Your comments are inappropriate and off topic. Also, as I noted elsewhere, my screen name is Hoot Gibson. Please stop with the "Qooter" nonsense. Thanks in advance for your coooperation.
(09-10-2021, 01:05 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 01:02 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

Your comments are inappropriate and off topic. Also, as I noted elsewhere, my screen name is Hoot Gibson. Please stop with the "Qooter" nonsense. Thanks in advance for your coooperation.
Quooter time to get the tax cheaters i pay my taxes i guess you do but the way you are crying over this i have my doubts now

All of my income is reported to the IRS, and I dare say most Americans are the same. 
The problem is we have people defrauding the nation through cash-only businesses and undercover streams of income. 

The wealthy and the criminals of this nation are screaming at the top of their lungs to get this stopped.  Where do you fit in, HG?
You just made the premiere argument for the coming cashless society and consequently the mark of the beast there Cardfan. Do away with cash and do away with under the counter enterprise, black markets, and myriad kinds of crime they will say. And of course people like you will applaud it with glazed over eyeballs.  Rev 13:17 "and that no man should be able to buy or to sell, save he that hath the mark, even the name of the beast or the number of his name"

All employers are required to send documentation for all who perform work in excess of 699 dollars on their behalf, to the IRS. End of story. There is a similarly inescapable process involved with investing, annuities, pensions, dividends certain kinds of insurance payments and interest bearing accounts of all kinds. They KNOW what you make already. But if they know what you buy--- now we're talking a whole new ballgame. That tells who you are and what you hold important above all else.

So likely it's the end-all way to track what people do and it's deliberately un-American. So too are the federal government's access to your gps info, and the world of info they mine from email, phone and texting, all the social media platforms, medical services en-toto, and anything else one could name. The irony here is while CF and vector are cheering on government intrusion as usual, the controls foisted upon humanity as the result of which will fall just as heavily upon them.

But listen, I've been warning about this kind of thing for decades. Globalism will lead to total control in any case. J Vernon McGee flatly states that other than men recognizing the sovereignty of God, the only option is secularism which in turn invariably leads to totalitarian government. Totalitarian   ---"relating to a system of government that is centralized and dictatorial and requires complete subservience to the state" This form of government is nothing new at all. Rome was an example of totalitarian control from which there was no escape or relief back before the electronic surveillance of my mention above was imaginable.

A government staffed with true believers and at their fingertips a government data base of unimaginable completeness, could easily wreak havoc on every citizen in the US and frankly the world. And let's face it. Who really is the left's enemy here, Republicans? Or is it Christ and His followers?

The stage for Antichrist is set, or all but set. The brotherhood of man is about to flourish but according to what the Lord has said, this self created utopia man sets up will only last 3 and a half years. From that point on it will take only another 3 and a half years to bring mankind to the threshold of self extinction...   for a total of 7 years, the prophesied duration of the Great Tribulation.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(09-10-2021, 03:42 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: You just made the premiere argument for the coming cashless society and consequently the mark of the beast there Cardfan. Do away with cash and do away with under the counter enterprise, black markets, and myriad kinds of crime they will say. And of course people like you will applaud it with glazed over eyeballs.  Rev 13:17 "and that no man should be able to buy or to sell, save he that hath the mark, even the name of the beast or the number of his name"

All employers are required to send documentation for all who perform work in excess of 699 dollars on their behalf, to the IRS. End of story. There is a similarly inescapable process involved with investing, annuities, pensions, dividends certain kinds of insurance payments and interest bearing accounts of all kinds. They KNOW what you make already. But if they know what you buy--- now we're talking a whole new ballgame. That tells who you are and what you hold important above all else.

So likely it's the end all way to track what people do and it's deliberately un-American. So too are the federal government's access to your gps info, and the world of info they mine from email, phone and texting, all the social media platforms, medical services en-toto, and anything else one could name. The irony here is while CF and vector are cheering on government intrusion as usual, the controls foisted upon humanity as the result of which will fall just as heavily upon them.

But listen, I've been warning about this kind of thing for decades. Globalism will lead to total control in any case. J Vernon McGee flatly states that other than men recognizing the sovereignty of God, the only option is secularism which in turn invariably leads to totalitarian government. Totalitarian   ---"relating to a system of government that is centralized and dictatorial and requires complete subservience to the state" This form of government is nothing new at all. Rome was an example of totalitarian control from which there was no escape or relief even back before the electronic surveillance of my mention above was unimaginable.

A government staffed with true believers and at their fingertips a government data base of unimaginable completeness, could easily wreak havoc on every citizen in the US and frankly the world. And let's face it. Who really is the left's enemy here, Republicans? Or is it Christ and His followers?

The stage for Antichrist is set, or all but set. The brotherhood of man is about to flourish but according to what the Lord has said, this self created utopia man sets up will only last 3 and a half years. From that point on it will take only another 3 and a half years to bring mankind to the threshold of self extinction...   for a total of 7 years, the prophesied duration of the Great Tribulation.
The govt. knows everything about you, TRT, that ship sailed years ago thanks to the Patriot Act. 
Why don't we use that same power to stiff those who are stiffing this country?
Aren't these tax evaders criminals like domestic and foreign terrorists?  

What are you buying that you're afraid of people seeing?    Cool
(09-10-2021, 04:06 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 03:42 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: You just made the premiere argument for the coming cashless society and consequently the mark of the beast there Cardfan. Do away with cash and do away with under the counter enterprise, black markets, and myriad kinds of crime they will say. And of course people like you will applaud it with glazed over eyeballs.  Rev 13:17 "and that no man should be able to buy or to sell, save he that hath the mark, even the name of the beast or the number of his name"

So likely it's the end all way to track what people do and it's deliberately un-American. So too are the federal government's access to your gps info, and the world of info they mine from email, phone and texting, all the social media platforms, medical services en-toto, and anything else one could name. The irony here is while CF and vector are cheering on government intrusion as usual, the controls foisted upon humanity as the result of which will fall just as heavily upon them.

But listen, I've been warning about this kind of thing for decades. Globalism will lead to total control in any case. J Vernon McGee flatly states that other than men recognizing the sovereignty of God, the only option is secularism which in turn invariably leads to totalitarian government. Totalitarian   ---"relating to a system of government that is centralized and dictatorial and requires complete subservience to the state" This form of government is nothing new at all. Rome was an example of totalitarian control from which there was no escape or relief even back before the electronic surveillance of my mention above was unimaginable.

The govt. knows everything about you, TRT, that ship sailed years ago thanks to the Patriot Act. 

Gee I don't know let me think... a secret desire to punch you in the mouth? Undecided
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(09-10-2021, 02:41 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

All of my income is reported to the IRS, and I dare say most Americans are the same. 
The problem is we have people defrauding the nation through cash-only businesses and undercover streams of income. 

The wealthy and the criminals of this nation are screaming at the top of their lungs to get this stopped.  Where do you fit in, HG?
I am neither wealthy nor a criminal, Cardfan1. I am just an American who values all of his constitutionally protected rights and believes that they are worth protecting. The only people who will benefit from granting the IRS full access to every detail of our financial activity through banks, PayPal, and other data sources, are criminals. Just as with strict gun control laws, real criminals will not be impacted much by Biden's latest attacks on personal liberty. Drug cartels and other criminal organizations will just move their money to offshore accounts that will not cooperate with the American IRS, which they are already doing to a large extent. Criminals will also continue to launder money through legitimate-looking businesses.

Those who believe that they have nothing worth hiding from our federal government just do not understand how personal data is already abused and as technology continues to advance, how data will be even more abused in the future. How long do you think it will be before a large number of people's financial transactions stored on a government computer will be hacked and sold on the dark web? Are you confident that government-backed hackers in China will not hack the accounts of millions of Americans and hold them hostage? Our federal government does not have a good record of protecting our personal data.
Your gun control law analogy isn’t accurate.

We punted on constitutional protection in 2001’s Patriot Act. I’m sure you supported that Hoot.

I’m disappointed Americans may have to sacrifice their privacy for the criminals/wealthy who fail to pay their fair share. BUT the GOP has fought to protect these groups for 40 years in hopes they would do the right thing. They won’t. They are crooks. It’s time to “smoke them out.”
This has nothing to do with catching criminals and tax evaders, that is just the rationalization for violating Americans' 4th Amendment rights. The gun control analogy is spot on. Gun crime thrives in the midst of the toughest gun control laws in the country because criminals do not purchase their guns legally.

Long term, the federal government will monetize the data that they collect on private citizens. I am not sure how they will rationalize doing so, but they will come up with a plausible excuse to appeal to liberals who will once again tell us how they "have nothing to hide." The combination of Big Government, Big Tech, and Big Data is one of the biggest threats that this nation faces.
(09-10-2021, 04:57 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:

Gee I don't know let me think... a secret desire to punch you in the mouth? Undecided
Big Grin 
stay safe TRT

(09-10-2021, 11:25 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: This has nothing to do with catching criminals and tax evaders, that is just the rationalization for violating Americans' 4th Amendment rights. The gun control analogy is spot on. Gun crime thrives in the midst of the toughest gun control laws in the country because criminals do not purchase their guns legally.

Long term, the federal government will monetize the data that they collect on private citizens. I am not sure how they will rationalize doing so, but they will come up with a plausible excuse to appeal to liberals who will once again tell us how they "have nothing to hide." The combination of Big Government, Big Tech, and Big Data is one of the biggest threats that this nation faces.
Hoot, let’s stay on point the 10 states with the weakest gun laws have 3 times more gun violence than the 10 states with the strongest gun laws.  I am a gun supporter so let’s not mix messages here.  We are talking about the wealthy dancing around their responsibility.  Do you have a better way? 
Did you agree with the patriot act so we could hunt down Muslim terrorists?  We are now using that for Qanon and right wingers who want to destroy America?  If you did, then you agree with the same efforts of catching financial crooks. 

speculating that our govt will sell our information is ironic considering your idol DJT was elected using private information sold from Facebook to Russian disinformation agencies. Dodgy
(09-10-2021, 11:29 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

Big Grin 
stay safe TRT

(09-10-2021, 11:25 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: This has nothing to do with catching criminals and tax evaders, that is just the rationalization for violating Americans' 4th Amendment rights. The gun control analogy is spot on. Gun crime thrives in the midst of the toughest gun control laws in the country because criminals do not purchase their guns legally.

Hoot, let’s stay on point the 10 states with the weakest gun laws have 3 times more gun violence than the 10 states with the strongest gun laws.  I am a gun supporter so let’s not mix messages here.  We are talking about the wealthy dancing around their responsibility.  Do you have a better way? 
Did you agree with the patriot act so we could hunt down Muslim terrorists?  We are now using that for Qanon and right wingers who want to destroy America?  If you did, then you agree with the same efforts of catching financial crooks. 

speculating that our govt will sell our information is ironic considering your idol DJT was elected using private information sold from Facebook to Russian disinformation agencies. Dodgy
I supported most of the Patriot Act but I would support repealing most of its provisions now. The Patriot Act should never have been used against American citizens for political purposes. I suspect that your stat about gun violence is wrong, but I am not going to spend time fact-checking it so that we can stay on topic as you suggested.

I reject the premise that Democrats want access to all of our financial transactions to catch tax evaders, so my solution is to scrap the bill. I also do not believe that the federal government knows what its shortfall in income tax revenues is and I believe that the purpose of stating an estimated number is to justify the proposed assault on our Fourth Amendment rights. If the federal government knows how much tax revenue is lost to tax evasion, then they can obtain warrants against the evaders and gather evidence against them in a constitutional manner.

Your last statement is not true but even if it were true, then it would not be grounds to support the proposed law. The law would be the digital equivalent to searching door to door for a murder weapon, centered on the location of the corpse, with no warrants. I do not believe that such a law would be found constitutional and cannot understand how any American could support such a proposal.
(09-11-2021, 10:00 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Big Grin 
stay safe TRT

I supported most of the Patriot Act but I would support repealing most of its provisions now. The Patriot Act should never have been used against American citizens for political purposes. I suspect that your stat about gun violence is wrong, but I am not going to spend time fact-checking it so that we can stay on topic as you suggested.

I reject the premise that Democrats want access to all of our financial transactions to catch tax evaders, so my solution is to scrap the bill. I also do not believe that the federal government knows what its shortfall in income tax revenues is and I believe that the purpose of stating an estimated number is to justify the proposed assault on our Fourth Amendment rights. If the federal government knows how much tax revenue is lost to tax evasion, then they can obtain warrants against the evaders and gather evidence against them in a constitutional manner.

Your last statement is not true but even if it were true, then it would not be grounds to support the proposed law. The law would be the digital equivalent to searching door to door for a murder weapon, centered on the location of the corpse, with no warrants. I do not believe that such a law would be found constitutional and cannot understand how any American could support such a proposal.
I’ll have to see more. The US is at red alert level as far as tax evasion is concerned.

Who knows if this proposal  will get anywhere…probably just red meat for progressives.
(09-11-2021, 11:18 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-11-2021, 10:00 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 04:06 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: The govt. knows everything about you, TRT, that ship sailed years ago thanks to the Patriot Act. 

Big Grin 
stay safe TRT

I’ll have to see more. The US is at red alert level as far as tax evasion is concerned.

Who knows if this proposal  will get anywhere…probably just red meat for progressives.
The US is at a red alert level for tax evasion because Democrats are trying to "pay for" at least $3.5 trillion of new spending. It does not really matter to them that the bill will not result in appreciably reducing tax evasion, what matters is politicians being able to claim that the new spending will be "paid for," when it actually will add to the national debt.
^^ The US excuses most people from paying any taxes at all.  In addition to the handsome array of welfare benefits they already receive, the US sends 6 thousand dollar income tax refunds to people who don't even work. Not to mention cash child credits. The US seemingly won't do one thing to stop Russian/Iranian/N Korean et-al hackers from either filing for a dependable yearly windfall of income tax refunds outright, or else fraudulently redirecting valid income tax over-payment refunds away from the rightful recipients, into dummy accounts. While they were at it, the US gave billions of dollars in CV-19 stimulus to foreign nationals and hackers in the form of direct personal payments or small business support payments. The American taxpayer are fleeced of Billions, likely Trillions, in fraudulent payments to criminals and enemies of state overall. 

No as far as what the US is on red alert level for, it is bone heads who only want to have their reality strained through the liberal filter. You know, like you do Cardfan. So why not clean up the fraud while we're at it? Seems a much more lucrative endeavor to me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot we must have posted about the exact same time. LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]