Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs. Chiefs
Doesn't look like there's a thread on this yet, so I'll start one.

What are everybody's thoughts on this one? This a game I would've chalked up as a sure win for Cincy before the season started, but with all the injuries that have hit the team so far I'm not so sure. Neither team has really looked good so far this year, and it is an important game for the Bengals to win if they expect to contend for the playoffs.

Notable injuries as reported by the Enquirer: http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...710110381/

- Willie Anderson (out) Sad
- Rashad Jeanty (out)
- Tab Perry (out)
- Ahmad Brooks (did not practice)
- Rudi Johnson (did not practice)
- Caleb Miller (did not practice)

This list unfortunately still includes 3 linebackers, and a fourth, Anthony Schlegel, is expected to play (and start) hurt. Also, the Bengals will be without Johnathan Joseph, who is serving a one-game suspension for his offseason arrest.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cincy is my faviorte team but they really don't have much too work with
lelie couny will beat pcc tonight
34-0
More Cowbell Wrote:Doesn't look like there's a thread on this yet, so I'll start one.

What are everybody's thoughts on this one? This a game I would've chalked up as a sure win for Cincy before the season started, but with all the injuries that have hit the team so far I'm not so sure. Neither team has really looked good so far this year, and it is an important game for the Bengals to win if they expect to contend for the playoffs.

Notable injuries as reported by the Enquirer: http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...710110381/

- Willie Anderson (out) Sad
- Rashad Jeanty (out)
- Tab Perry (out)
- Ahmad Brooks (did not practice)
- Rudi Johnson (did not practice)
- Caleb Miller (did not practice)

This list unfortunately still includes 3 linebackers, and a fourth, Anthony Schlegel, is expected to play (and start) hurt. Also, the Bengals will be without Johnathan Joseph, who is serving a one-game suspension for his offseason arrest.

How goes it MC? I just heard an interview with Ahmad Brooks and he said he's definitely out. Yesterday in Marvins presser he said there was a chance a couple of the players on that list might play. He didn't mention who that might be though.

IMO this is a must win for the Bengals. If you start 1-4 and even if you do get healthier on down the road, it would be a big hole to dig out of. Kansas City is coming off a loss at home and will have a sense of urgency as well. One thing is for sure....we can expect a big dose of Larry Johnson. But even with the injuries, I like the match up in this one. As banged up as our D is, they are facing a KC offense that has struggled this year. On the other side of the ball, I think Carson (if given time) can have his way with a suspect KC secondary. I guess in the end what I'm saying is......I think we will stop them more than they can stop us.......lol. Treat this game like a playoff game my fellow Bengal fans. Because in a sense......it is.
Bengal Cat Wrote:How goes it MC? I just heard an interview with Ahmad Brooks and he said he's definitely out. Yesterday in Marvins presser he said there was a chance a couple of the players on that list might play. He didn't mention who that might be though.

IMO this is a must win for the Bengals. If you start 1-4 and even if you do get healthier on down the road, it would be a big hole to dig out of. Kansas City is coming off a loss at home and will have a sense of urgency as well. One thing is for sure....we can expect a big dose of Larry Johnson. But even with the injuries, I like the match up in this one. As banged up as our D is, they are facing a KC offense that has struggled this year. On the other side of the ball, I think Carson (if given time) can have his way with a suspect KC secondary. I guess in the end what I'm saying is......I think we will stop them more than they can stop us.......lol. Treat this game like a playoff game my fellow Bengal fans. Because in a sense......it is.

The way you talk about the Bengals........ it's so beautiful....... it makes me wanna cry...... lol..........

Most experts are picking the Bengals to win, and I agree that it pretty much is a must win, and the injuries could hurt us, particularly on defense. Kansas City doesn't worry me a whole lot though, LJ's good, but their line hasn't let him do anything yet, so the Bengals have a shot at stopping him (or at least limiting him) even with the injured backers. With Eddie Kennison out, I don't think they have any receiving threats besides for Gonzalez, so I believe we'll be ok without Joseph.

Rudi's probly going to play, so that's a plus.

Must win............ This is where big players come to play.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Bengal Cat Wrote:How goes it MC? I just heard an interview with Ahmad Brooks and he said he's definitely out. Yesterday in Marvins presser he said there was a chance a couple of the players on that list might play. He didn't mention who that might be though.

IMO this is a must win for the Bengals. If you start 1-4 and even if you do get healthier on down the road, it would be a big hole to dig out of.
Kansas City is coming off a loss at home and will have a sense of urgency as well. One thing is for sure....we can expect a big dose of Larry Johnson. But even with the injuries, I like the match up in this one. As banged up as our D is, they are facing a KC offense that has struggled this year. On the other side of the ball, I think Carson (if given time) can have his way with a suspect KC secondary. I guess in the end what I'm saying is......I think we will stop them more than they can stop us.......lol. Treat this game like a playoff game my fellow Bengal fans. Because in a sense......it is.

I agree! I still think that the bengals will win. Knowing how much is riding on the line I think players will play up to the situation. Come on Bengals!!!!