Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New England 34 Cincinnati 13
Final
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Watched the first few minutes of this one, and that was all really. Congrats to the Patriots they are a tough team.
8-8.

People got on to me over the summer about how much improved the defense was going to be. It ain't happening. The Bengals are 1-3 and in a world of trouble right now.
LC they will be lucky to go 8-8.

Lake Chief Wrote:8-8.

People got on to me over the summer about how much improved the defense was going to be. It ain't happening. The Bengals are 1-3 and in a world of trouble right now.
The Patriots just controlled the game from the opening kickoff. Tom Brady did as he pleased with the Bengals defense. Hopefully Cincy will rebound by next Sunday.
It's just hard to tell if the Pats are that good or the Bengals D is in that serious of need for some help. At least they didn't give up a 50 spot like they did to Cleveland.
I'm glad thats over. Thank God for the bye next week. Maybe we can re-group and try to make a run the last 12 games. I was really disappointed in the offense. The defense was pretty much what we thought they would be. But when the offense sputters like it did tonight, we can't win.
Bengal Cat Wrote:I'm glad thats over. Thank God for the bye next week. Maybe we can re-group and try to make a run the last 12 games. I was really disappointed in the offense. The defense was pretty much what we thought they would be. But when the offense sputters like it did tonight, we can't win.

I agree Bengal Cat. The defense actually wasn't as bad as I thought they would be, especially with the ridiculous plague of injuries they have dealt with. But the offense is what was disappointing to me. Only one touchdown? That ain't gonna get it done. I had said that the only way the Bengals win is if they keep up with the Pats score-for-score, and that didn't happen. The offense has become completely one-dimensional right now, with no running game, and no dependable receivers other than Chad and T.J.

The play that really ended their chance in this game was the pick right before the half. If they punch that drive in for a TD, they go into the break only down 17-14, and get the ball first in the second half. But the INT just drained what little steam they had left right away.

Moving on, the bye week couldn't have come at a better time. With only 2 healthy linebackers, neither of which was with the team until the last few weeks, the Bengals just need the time to recover and regroup. The season isn't lost, and the remaining schedule isn't too daunting. This team may not win the division, but they can still get a wild card and sneak into the playoffs if they get things straightened out.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I can not get over how bad they looked tonight. Defense looked okay, held the best offense to 34 points. However, the offense really sucked it up and let the game fall into the Pat's hands. I hope that something will spark this team because they are falling fast.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I can not get over how bad they looked tonight. Defense looked okay, held the best offense to 34 points. However, the offense really sucked it up and let the game fall into the Pat's hands. I hope that something will spark this team because they are falling fast.

Couldn't agree more.

GRIZZ Wrote:It's just hard to tell if the Pats are that good or the Bengals D is in that serious of need for some help. At least they didn't give up a 50 spot like they did to Cleveland.

The Pats are just that good. It's sickening watching them play.

I can't believe no one has mentioned this: on the Pats second or third drive, their dude clearly fumbles the ball down inside the Bengals 10, it goes into the endzone for a touchback, but they say he was down. That was a complete joke, he was so far from down that my blind grandma could have made that call. They score and go up 10-0, and if that doesn't happen, then who knows.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
well Bengal fans, dont feel bad, theyve done that to everybody theyve played so far, and will do it about 10 more times through the year..I know its early, but this New England team just may be the best team the NFL has seen in 20 years..they are that good..
BFritz Wrote:Couldn't agree more.

I can't believe no one has mentioned this: on the Pats second or third drive, their dude clearly fumbles the ball down inside the Bengals 10, it goes into the endzone for a touchback, but they say he was down. That was a complete joke, he was so far from down that my blind grandma could have made that call. They score and go up 10-0, and if that doesn't happen, then who knows.

I remember that BFritz. But I didn't mention that for the same reason I didn't mention the personal foul that wasn't called when Chad was pushed down out of bounds. I didn't want it to sound like I was blaming the officials in any shape or form. Because with the way our offense played......it didn't matter. As More Cowbell mentioned earlier, the big play was Carsons pick right before halftime. Even a field goal there and its only a one score game going into halftime. But once again.....I really don't think it would've mattered in the end. We know our defense is bad, but other than the Cleveland game, our offense hasn't been what we expected either. It has looked sluggish and out of sync. And I don't think it's all because we don't have Chris Henry either.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:well Bengal fans, dont feel bad, theyve done that to everybody theyve played so far, and will do it about 10 more times through the year..I know its early, but this New England team just may be the best team the NFL has seen in 20 years..they are that good..

Just because of Moss and Brady, but the rest doesn't impress me too terribly much (I mean for a New England team).

Bengal Cat Wrote:I remember that BFritz. But I didn't mention that for the same reason I didn't mention the personal foul that wasn't called when Chad was pushed down out of bounds. I didn't want it to sound like I was blaming the officials in any shape or form. Because with the way our offense played......it didn't matter. As More Cowbell mentioned earlier, the big play was Carsons pick right before halftime. Even a field goal there and its only a one score game going into hfalftime. But once again.....I really don't think it would've mattered in the end. We know our defense is bad, but other than the Cleveland game, our offense hasn't been what we expected either. It has looked sluggish and out of sync. And I don't think it's all because we don't have Chris Henry either.

I don't wanna blame the officials, but that could have been a big play because then they don't score and maybe we go down the field and take the lead. That interception was huge because if we got even a field goal there, we get the ball to start the second and it's a whole different ballgame also. That was just a huge mental mistake on Carson because no matter where he places that ball to that receiver, it was picked.

I'm sure not having Rudi didn't help either.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
lol, I thought the Bengals offense was better than this. No surprise defensively.

Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I can not get over how bad they looked tonight. Defense looked okay, held the best offense to 34 points. However, the offense really sucked it up and let the game fall into the Pat's hands. I hope that something will spark this team because they are falling fast.

I don't think holding the Patriots to 38 points is "okay" defense, thats a lot of points to allow.
We suck again.
Fenix Wrote:We suck again.
Yee of little faith......... we'll be ok
BFritz Wrote:Couldn't agree more.

I am a Bengals fan, but I didn't see that play the same. The ball appeared to go out before the endzone and would have been New England's ball. I do feel as if the personal foul should have been called on the Chad Johnson shove out of bounds. New England did nothing wrong in this game other than the interception. The Bengals are in serious trouble if the injuries continue at the current rate. We must make changes to the defense, which may include a coaching change in that area. :mad:
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
BelfryJustice Wrote:I am a Bengals fan, but I didn't see that play the same. The ball appeared to go out before the endzone and would have been New England's ball. I do feel as if the personal foul should have been called on the Chad Johnson shove out of bounds. New England did nothing wrong in this game other than the interception. The Bengals are in serious trouble if the injuries continue at the current rate. We must make changes to the defense, which may include a coaching change in that area. :mad:

I was more impressed with our defense against the Patriots than I have been in any game this year with the exception of the Ravens game. Our line got a decent rush, and we played ok (few exceptions), but our offense just couldn't get it done and left them on the field too much.

On the fumble, it clearly went out of the endzone, and the one ref was even signaling touchback, actually, two or more refs were.
BFritz Wrote:Yee of little faith......... we'll be ok

I certainly hope so, if UK wasn't having such a good season this would be a miserable fall because the Bengals are playing like they used to and the Reds missed the playoffs again.
Fenix Wrote:I certainly hope so, if UK wasn't having such a good season this would be a miserable fall because the Bengals are playing like they used to and the Reds missed the playoffs again.

I believe you are completely right. UK has soften the blow a little bit.
had i not been tellin everybody since basketball season that cinci was not going to be a contender.
bizmark Wrote:had i not been tellin everybody since basketball season that cinci was not going to be a contender.

Season's far from over and the schedule gets a hell of a lot easier.
BFritz Wrote:I was more impressed with our defense against the Patriots than I have been in any game this year with the exception of the Ravens game. Our line got a decent rush, and we played ok (few exceptions), but our offense just couldn't get it done and left them on the field too much.

On the fumble, it clearly went out of the endzone, and the one ref was even signaling touchback, actually, two or more refs were.

Heres what happened to our offense and BFritz was at the game so I think he will agree with much of what I say. New England positioned their safties at least 20 yards back from the line of scrimmage playing a deep cover 2. Basically saying to the Bengals......we dare you to run and we are not going to let you beat us deep. The Pats front seven were able to stop any big runs. I know Watson had a couple good runs, but he was unable to sustain anything (BFritz made an earlier point about Rudi being out and it was a valid point). Also their front seven was able to get into Carsons face and hardly ever did he have good passing lanes. You don't have to sack a QB to disrupt an offense. If you can get penetration, knock down some passes and clog the throwing lanes, its just as good and thats what the Pats did. If you paid attention, there was a big difference in the pocket Brady had and the pocket Carson had.

Now Brady had good stats, but it wasn't his usual mega stats. He didn't need to throw that much....especially in the second half because the Bengals spent the majority of the second half playing the nickel. This was due to the fact that they didn't have enough healthy linebackers (only had 2) to play a base defense. So as a coach if you see the opposing team so shorthanded at linebacker that they have to play the nickel most of the time, you are going to put in 2 tightends and run it at 'em.

Now I have to say something about Chad. First of all Chad Johnsons one of my favorite players. But I think he needs to tone it down a bit at least till the Bengals start winning. Jumping into the other teams stands while your team is losing and being over there talking to Belichick while ur getting ur butt kicked is going a little too far IMO. He needed to have his @ss over there with his own team trying to figure out how not to get embarrassed on national tv. Theres a time and place for everything 85. Your antics are fun and entertaining when ur winning, but not when ur 1-3.
Bengal Cat Wrote:Heres what happened to our offense and BFritz was at the game so I think he will agree with much of what I say. New England positioned their safties at least 20 yards back from the line of scrimmage playing a deep cover 2. Basically saying to the Bengals......we dare you to run and we are not going to let you beat us deep. The Pats front seven were able to stop any big runs. I know Watson had a couple good runs, but he was unable to sustain anything (BFritz made an earlier point about Rudi being out and it was a valid point). Also their front seven was able to get into Carsons face and hardly ever did he have good passing lanes. You don't have to sack a QB to disrupt an offense. If you can get penetration, knock down some passes and clog the throwing lanes, its just as good and thats what the Pats did. If you paid attention, there was a big difference in the pocket Brady had and the pocket Carson had.

Now Brady had good stats, but it wasn't his usual mega stats. He didn't need to throw that much....especially in the second half because the Bengals spent the majority of the second half playing the nickel. This was due to the fact that they didn't have enough healthy linebackers (only had 2) to play a base defense. So as a coach if you see the opposing team so shorthanded at linebacker that they have to play the nickel most of the time, you are going to put in 2 tightends and run it at 'em.

Now I have to say something about Chad. First of all Chad Johnsons one of my favorite players. But I think he needs to tone it down a bit at least till the Bengals start winning. Jumping into the other teams stands while your team is losing and being over there talking to Belichick while ur getting ur butt kicked is going a little too far IMO. He needed to have his @ss over there with his own team trying to figure out how not to get embarrassed on national tv. Theres a time and place for everything 85. Your antics are fun and entertaining when ur winning, but not when ur 1-3.

All of that was dead on. I do think Chad needs to tone it down a bit and not go losing his cool and pointing fingers when things aren't going his way (it also happened at halftime of the playoff game against the Steelers, except that was with a coach). But I do think that his trash talking to other teams is a good thing (for his teammates and fans), because it's saying "we know we can beat you, we're going to OWN you." He shouldn't do ot as hardcore when we're 1-3 and losing, but we still need him to do it some.
I remember that play where Chad Johnson got shoved down while he was clearly out of bounds, and I was shocked that no flag was thrown. Then I shook my head and remembered who we were playing. The Patriots and Tom Brady are the golden boys of the NFL, and no goofy cheating scandal is going to change that. You think they will call anything against the Pats? That's silly, we all know they never do anything wrong.

Oh, and don't interpret this as me saying the refs cost the Bengals the game, that couldn't be farther than the truth. The way Cincy played the other night, they could have gotten every call and it still wouldn't have mattered. New England is just a lot better than Cincinnati.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I remember that play where Chad Johnson got shoved down while he was clearly out of bounds, and I was shocked that no flag was thrown. Then I shook my head and remembered who we were playing. The Patriots and Tom Brady are the golden boys of the NFL, and no goofy cheating scandal is going to change that. You think they will call anything against the Pats? That's silly, we all know they never do anything wrong.

Oh, and don't interpret this as me saying the refs cost the Bengals the game, that couldn't be farther than the truth. The way Cincy played the other night, they could have gotten every call and it still wouldn't have mattered. New England is just a lot better than Cincinnati.

New England's a lot better than the rest of the world.