Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took secret action to protect nuclear weapons
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/14/politics/-book-trump-nuclear/index.html

Woodward's new book releasing some damning views of Trump's mental state.

In response, Milley took extraordinary action, and called a secret meeting in his Pentagon office on January 8 to review the process for military action, including launching nuclear weapons. Speaking to senior military officials in charge of the National Military Command Center, the Pentagon's war room, Milley instructed them not to take orders from anyone unless he was involved.

"No matter what you are told, you do the procedure. You do the process. And I'm part of that procedure," Milley told the officers, according to the book. He then went around the room, looked each officer in the eye, and asked them to verbally confirm they understood.

Milley's fear that Trump could do something unpredictable came from experience. Right after Trump lost the election, Milley discovered the President had signed a military order to withdraw all troops from Afghanistan by January 15, 2021, before he left the White House.

When Trump refused to concede in November 2020, Haspel warned Milley, "We are on the way to a right-wing coup. The whole thing is insanity. He is acting out like a six-year-old with a tantrum." Haspel also worried that Trump would try to attack Iran.

"This is a highly dangerous situation. We are going to lash out for his ego?" she asked Milley, according to the book.
(09-14-2021, 10:45 PM)The Outsider Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/14/politics/-book-trump-nuclear/index.html

In response, Milley took extraordinary action, and called a secret meeting in his Pentagon office on January 8 to review the process for military action, including launching nuclear weapons. Speaking to senior military officials in charge of the National Military Command Center, the Pentagon's war room, Milley instructed them not to take orders from anyone unless he was involved.

"No matter what you are told, you do the procedure. You do the process. And I'm part of that procedure," Milley told the officers, according to the book. He then went around the room, looked each officer in the eye, and asked them to verbally confirm they understood.

Milley's fear that Trump could do something unpredictable came from experience. Right after Trump lost the election, Milley discovered the President had signed a military order to withdraw all troops from Afghanistan by January 15, 2021, before he left the White House.

When Trump refused to concede in November 2020, Haspel warned Milley, "We are on the way to a right-wing coup. The whole thing is insanity. He is acting out like a six-year-old with a tantrum." Haspel also worried that Trump would try to attack Iran.

"This is a highly dangerous situation. We are going to lash out for his ego?" she asked Milley, according to the book.
LOL totally fake news. We have people on here linking CNN. Only a few people on here (wink wink) will fall for it...
(09-14-2021, 10:45 PM)The Outsider Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/14/politics/-book-trump-nuclear/index.html

If the story is true, Milley should be charged, tried, and convicted of treason. What is left out of the excerpt above is that, according to Woodward, Milley pledged to his Chinese Communist Party counterpart to warn China in advance of any American attack. You may despise Trump, but it would be a dangerous precedent to allow a traitor to go unpunished. If Biden was not mentally defective, Milley would have already been arrested and replaced with a general or admiral who is loyal to his own country and recognizes our president as the Commander-in-Chief.
(09-14-2021, 10:54 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

LOL totally fake news. We have people on here linking CNN. Only a few people on here (wink wink) will fall for it...
It may be fake news but if it's not, Milley should be fired and placed behind bars until a Court-Martial is convened to try him for treason. However, I suspect that since we have a traitor in the Oval Office, nothing will be done to Milley because whatever happened, happened on Trump's watch and there is no shortage of traitors who betrayed Trump and their country before and after he took the Oath of Office, who are walking around free and have not been charged with crimes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • rookie57
^^^The fake news is the headline:

In reality it doesn't reveal anything about Trump but everything about Milley..
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
(09-14-2021, 11:10 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^The fake news is the headline:

I find it really hard to believe that a general who reached the top of his profession would commit treason and admit doing so under any president. I don't think that Trump believes Woodward's account, but he has bestowed the nickname of "Dumba$$" to Milley.
Big Grin

Which is it boys? Fake news or treason?

Slippery slope. If you give credence to this Woodward take then you need to go back at the others. He has a pretty solid record of Trump’s unhinged demeanor.

This is what you call a conundrum. Big Grin

FWIW, Trump is wailing treason.
(09-15-2021, 07:23 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Big Grin

Slippery slope. If you give credence to this Woodward take then you need to go back at the others.  He has a pretty solid record of Trump’s unhinged demeanor.

What do you find funny about allegations of treason against the current Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff? There is no conundrum here. The allegations should be investigated and, if true, then this would be the worst case of treason in U.S. history since our constitution was signed. I don't think anybody else is laughing about the allegations. If Woodward made up the allegations, then he should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
(09-15-2021, 08:12 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Slippery slope. If you give credence to this Woodward take then you need to go back at the others.  He has a pretty solid record of Trump’s unhinged demeanor.

What do you find funny about allegations of treason against the current Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff? There is no conundrum here. The allegations should be investigated and, if true, then this would be the worst case of treason in U.S. history since our constitution was signed. I don't think anybody else is laughing about the allegations. If Woodward made up the allegations, then he should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
I'm laughing at the fact you now have to believe Bob Woodward.  If you believe this then you have to believe his other stuff which would make Milley a national hero instead of a traitor.  

Also, HG, you lost cred on traitor talk since you are a January 6th apologist.  Destroying Democracy > preventing WW3
(09-15-2021, 08:48 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

I'm laughing at the fact you now have to believe Bob Woodward.  If you believe this then you have to believe his other stuff which would make Milley a national hero instead of a traitor.  

Also, HG, you lost cred on traitor talk since you are a January 6th apologist.  Destroying Democracy > preventing WW3
There is no scenario in which a traitor is a national hero. Nobody who claims that the incident on 6 January was an insurrection has any credibility. Nobody who laughs at a serious allegation of treason has any credibility.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • jetpilot
(09-15-2021, 08:57 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

There is no scenario in which a traitor is a national hero. Nobody who claims that the incident on 6 January was an insurrection has any credibility. Nobody who laughs at a serious allegation of treason has any credibility.
For the third time, I am laughing at you.  You now have to believe Woodward if you want to crucify Milley, but that means you have to believe the picture of incompetence and the highly disturbed man that nearly destroyed our nation.  Which is it, Hoot?  Is Woodward a liar or is your hero as bad as we've been saying?

Ok. 

How about a "violent domestic terrorist attack of white supremacists with a motive of usurping established authority"?  Do you like that better than insurrection?
(09-15-2021, 10:56 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

For the third time, I am laughing at you.  You now have to believe Woodward if you want to crucify Milley, but that means you have to believe the picture of incompetence and the highly disturbed man that nearly destroyed our nation.  Which is it, Hoot?  Is Woodward a liar or is your hero as bad as we've been saying?

Ok. 

How about a "violent domestic terrorist attack of white supremacists with a motive of usurping established authority"?  Do you like that better than insurrection?
No, I do not need to agree with Milley's opinion of Trump to believe that if Woodward is reporting what Milley said accurately, then he is guilty of treason. Try reading again, maybe a little more slowly. If Milley was accurately quoted, then nobody can trust the man. Not Trump. Not Biden. Not even you.
Cardfan cannot comprehend that Trump's state of mind is Milley's "opinion" or "partisan hack resistance/propaganda" and Milley's conversations with the Chinese are either factual or not, which we will soon find out. Not at all surprised that CF can't grasp the difference between two very simple yet very different concepts.
(09-15-2021, 11:05 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 08:12 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: What do you find funny about allegations of treason against the current Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff? There is no conundrum here. The allegations should be investigated and, if true, then this would be the worst case of treason in U.S. history since our constitution was signed. I don't think anybody else is laughing about the allegations. If Woodward made up the allegations, then he should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Ok. 

No, I do not need to agree with Milley's opinion of Trump to believe that if Woodward is reporting what Milley said accurately, then he is guilty of treason. Try reading again, maybe a little more slowly. If Milley was accurately quoted, then nobody can trust the man. Not Trump. Not Biden. Not even you.
Not Milley...you have to believe Woodward.   Big Grin  Big Grin    Fear, Rage, and Peril:  Oh, Hoot, you got some reading to do.  

Hey, you didn't answer.  Do you like insurrection or violent domestic terrorist attacks of white supremacists with a motive of usurping established authority?
double post
(09-15-2021, 11:30 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 08:48 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: I'm laughing at the fact you now have to believe Bob Woodward.  If you believe this then you have to believe his other stuff which would make Milley a national hero instead of a traitor.  

Ok. 

Not Milley...you have to believe Woodward.   Big Grin  Big Grin    Fear, Rage, and Peril:  Oh, Hoot, you got some reading to do.  

Hey, you didn't answer.  Do you like insurrection or violent domestic terrorist attacks of white supremacists with a motive of usurping established authority?
Woodward's reporting of Milley's OPINION. Trump's "state of mind" as "reported" by ANYONE is only "OPIONION, RESISTANCE and/or PROPAGANDA."
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Hoot Gibson

As Hoot has indicated, Milley's sworn responsibility before God and country is to his Commander-In-Chief. So here we have the Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff setting the example of usurping one of the premier bedrock principles on which the US military was founded, chain of command.

If anybody went rogue it was General Milley, not DJT. But if this is truly the state of affairs within the military this is past serious.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(09-15-2021, 11:41 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 08:57 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: There is no scenario in which a traitor is a national hero. Nobody who claims that the incident on 6 January was an insurrection has any credibility. Nobody who laughs at a serious allegation of treason has any credibility.

Ok. 

Woodward's reporting of Milley's OPINION. Trump's "state of mind" as "reported" by ANYONE is only "OPIONION, RESISTANCE and/or PROPAGANDA."
Exactly, JP. There is no reason for Milley to say that he agreed to divulge battle plans to his Chinese counterpart when such an admission was tantamount to a confession of treason. Milley's opinion about Trump may have been how he rationalized his actions but his opinion is just an opinion. It is hard to understand why Cardfan1 believes that I have to agree with Milley's opinion of Trump to believe that he undermined his country's national security. The other important thing that he is missing is the fact the report that Pelosi was aware of Milley's actions and said nothing.
(09-15-2021, 08:48 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: I'm laughing at the fact you now have to believe Bob Woodward.  If you believe this then you have to believe his other stuff which would make Milley a national hero instead of a traitor.  

Ok. 

Your characterization of the events of 6 January is dishonest and I have repeatedly explained why it is dishonest before. I am not answering the question, which is based on a false premise, again just because you rephrased it into another dishonest assertion.
(09-15-2021, 12:00 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:

As Hoot has indicated, Milley's sworn responsibility before God and country is to his Commander-In-Chief. So here we have the Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff setting the example of usurping one of the premier bedrock principles on which the US military was founded, chain of command.

If anybody went rogue it was General Milley, not DJT. But if this is truly the state of affairs within the military this is past serious.
I agree, TRT. Not only was it reported that Milley committed treason, it was also reported that he required his staff to take an oath of loyalty to him - Milley. If the report is true and any officer took such an oath, then they also committed treason. Nancy Pelosi also had a duty to report Milley's activities to Trump, no matter what her opinion of Trump is.
(09-15-2021, 08:57 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: There is no scenario in which a traitor is a national hero. Nobody who claims that the incident on 6 January was an insurrection has any credibility. Nobody who laughs at a serious allegation of treason has any credibility.

Ok. 

Perfect 10 on those mental gymnastics. 

JP, as always you boys believe it if it supports your boy, but it's fake news if it doesn't. 

Woodward is trolling you fellas.
(09-15-2021, 12:03 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Ok. 

Your characterization of the events of 6 January is dishonest and I have repeatedly explained why it is dishonest before. I am not answering the question, which is based on a false premise, again just because you rephrased it into another dishonest assertion.

The lie the resistance was founded on was collusion with Russia. The lie the post resistance effort is founded on is the Jan 6 insurrection. In both cases the fireman was/is the arsonist.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ok. 

violent  check
domestic terrorist check
white supremacists check  (plenty of stars and bars, proud boys, hate groups, etc.)
usurping established authority check    (didn't they want to stop the counting of the electoral votes) 

Hoot, you need to read some of Woodward's other work especially if you're putting so much stock in this one.  I'm certain there is more of this book you are going to discount.  Like Dan Quayle telling Pence, he can't steal the election for Trump.  I'm sure that part isn't true.  Big Grin
(09-15-2021, 12:18 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 10:56 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: For the third time, I am laughing at you.  You now have to believe Woodward if you want to crucify Milley, but that means you have to believe the picture of incompetence and the highly disturbed man that nearly destroyed our nation.  Which is it, Hoot?  Is Woodward a liar or is your hero as bad as we've been saying?

Ok. 

JP, as always you boys believe it if it supports your boy, but it's fake news if it doesn't. 

You are taking partisanship to a new level, Cardfan1. It takes no mental gymnastics to believe Milley held a very low opinion of Trump and committed treason, if he was accurately quoted. You are the one who is performing the mental gymnastics to convince yourself that everybody must agree with Milley's opinion of Trump to believe that Milley may be guilty of treason. Your position is total nonsense. You are failing Logic 101.
(09-15-2021, 12:20 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 10:56 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: For the third time, I am laughing at you.  You now have to believe Woodward if you want to crucify Milley, but that means you have to believe the picture of incompetence and the highly disturbed man that nearly destroyed our nation.  Which is it, Hoot?  Is Woodward a liar or is your hero as bad as we've been saying?

Ok. 

The lie the resistance was founded on was collusion with Russia. The lie the post resistance effort is founded on is the Jan 6 insurrection. In both cases the fireman was/is the arsonist.
Bob Woodward said there was no collusion in his book Fear because  "People who work with Trump say: You can't even organize your own government, How could you possibly organize a conspiracy with Russia? ... He doesn't even have a to-do list, as best I can tell."  Big Grin  

wait...are you still saying that liberals were those that invaded the Capitol?  Big Grin Big Grin   
You have to be joking!!
(09-15-2021, 12:34 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 11:05 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: No, I do not need to agree with Milley's opinion of Trump to believe that if Woodward is reporting what Milley said accurately, then he is guilty of treason. Try reading again, maybe a little more slowly. If Milley was accurately quoted, then nobody can trust the man. Not Trump. Not Biden. Not even you.

Bob Woodward said there was no collusion in his book Fear because  "People who work with Trump say: You can't even organize your own government, How could you possibly organize a conspiracy with Russia? ... He doesn't even have a to-do list, as best I can tell."  Big Grin  

wait...are you still saying that liberals were those that invaded the Capitol?  Big Grin Big Grin   
You have to be joking!!

IMHO Woodward is a has been looking to reclaim his own stumbled upon lime light. YOU GUYS are the ones who screamed Russia Collusion throughout all of this. I read your and vector's idiotic posts on the matter. Don't try and cast your own lies onto Woodward.

I said and I maintain, you can't have an attempted coup of the world's premier super power without so much as a box cutter by way of weaponry. What were they supposedly going to use? Harsh language?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(09-15-2021, 12:27 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 11:05 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: No, I do not need to agree with Milley's opinion of Trump to believe that if Woodward is reporting what Milley said accurately, then he is guilty of treason. Try reading again, maybe a little more slowly. If Milley was accurately quoted, then nobody can trust the man. Not Trump. Not Biden. Not even you.

You are taking partisanship to a new level, Cardfan1. It takes no mental gymnastics to believe Milley held a very low opinion of Trump and committed treason, if he was accurately quoted. You are the one who is performing the mental gymnastics to convince yourself that everybody must agree with Milley's opinion of Trump to believe that Milley may be guilty of treason. Your position is total nonsense. You are failing Logic 101.
I have not said one thing about Milley's opinion of Trump.  I said YOUR evaluation of traitors is flawed.  

Hoot, if you are lining up behind WOODWARD on this then you got to line up behind WOODWARD on his other work and the disaster he portrays as Donald Trump throughout his presidency.  WOODWARD used many other Trump admin sources in his trilogy of Trump trifles.

You are caught in a dilemma.  The tiger by the tail.  You can't validate WOODWARD's reporting on Milley without validating ALL of WOODWARD's reporting on TRUMP.  Big Grin
(09-15-2021, 12:42 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 12:34 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 11:30 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Not Milley...you have to believe Woodward.   Big Grin  Big Grin    Fear, Rage, and Peril:  Oh, Hoot, you got some reading to do.  

You have to be joking!!

IMHO Woodward is a has been looking to reclaim his own stumbled upon lime light. YOU GUYS are the ones who screamed Russia Collusion throughout all of this. I read your and vector's idiotic posts on the matter. Don't try and cast your own lies onto Woodward.
Absolutely right, TRT. They continued to claim that Trump colluded with the Russians even after the hoax was thoroughly discredited - and when Democrats attributed the information collected from Hunter Biden's abandoned laptop on Russian disinformation, they jumped onto that bandwagon as well. They jump onto any disinformation bandwagon as long as it has been branded with a "(D)."
(09-15-2021, 12:44 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 12:27 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 11:30 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Not Milley...you have to believe Woodward.   Big Grin  Big Grin    Fear, Rage, and Peril:  Oh, Hoot, you got some reading to do.  

I have not said one thing about Milley's opinion of Trump.  I said YOUR evaluation of traitors is flawed.  

Hoot, if you are lining up behind WOODWARD on this then you got to line up behind WOODWARD on his other work and the disaster he portrays as Donald Trump throughout his presidency.  WOODWARD used many other Trump admin sources in his trilogy of Trump trifles.

You are caught in a dilemma.  The tiger by the tail.  You can't validate WOODWARD's reporting on Milley without validating ALL of WOODWARD's reporting on TRUMP.  Big Grin
Woodward is an elderly liberal political hack. There is no dilemma. If Woodward accurately quoted Milley, then he committed treason. I am not validating anything - just stating a fact that is obvious to any honest person. Even if I did believe Woodward without question, your contention that I must believe everything in Woodward's book - a book that I will never read - is completely illogical. You are desperately trying to conjure up a contradiction in logic where none exists, but you are the one who has sprinted down a dead-end fork in the logic road.

How do you feel about Trump's hero, Robert E. Lee, he may be the worst traitor the country has ever had.

(09-15-2021, 12:00 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:

Milley may be huge trouble, although he was doing what he thought he had to do to protect our Country.  It's a shame that we elected someone who is possibly that dangerous though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Outsider's post:
  • Cardfan1