Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colorado 9 San Diego 8
Final ... after 13 innings.
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dang you beat me to it! lol, this is what it's all about, basically the only time I really get interested in baseball. Congrats to the Rockies first playoff birth since 1995. What a ball game.
Did Holiday touch home plate? Very close call.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tell ya the truth, after seeing it up close numerous amounts of times I don't think he touched home. Barrett blocked home plate with his foot, very late call to by the Ump and a questionable one at that. But all is said and done now.

15thRegionCrazy Wrote:Did Holiday touch home plate? Very close call.
I think he could have touched it before he would have been tagged... he looked up and the ump called him safe so he layed his head down... hope he is okay.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I dont think Holiday touched the plate either, like Stats said Barnett blocked it with his foot but its over now and woah wat a game 13 innings San Diego scoring 2 in the top of 13 to take the lead and then the Rockies with 2 doubles and then a triple by Holiday to take the lead with Hoffman on the mound.Man that was a good game makes me excited for the playoffs.Rockies have won 14 outta the last 15, they are gonna be tough to beat!
Should make for IMO the best Division Series out of all of them, because both the Rockies and Phillies have tons and tons of momentum with loads of young talent and MVP Candidates. Whoever wins this series will be the darkhorse for a WS appearance.

MVP2 Wrote:I dont think Holiday touched the plate either, like Stats said Barnett blocked it with his foot but its over now and woah wat a game 13 innings San Diego scoring 2 in the top of 13 to take the lead and then the Rockies with 2 doubles and then a triple by Holiday to take the lead with Hoffman on the mound.Man that was a good game makes me excited for the playoffs.Rockies have won 14 outta the last 15, they are gonna be tough to beat!
I don't think Holliday touched home plate either, but it was very close and I have never understood why catchers are allowed to block a guy sliding in the basepath when they don't even have the ball.

As an impartial observer, I think the umps also missed the call on the ball hit by the Rockies that was ruled a ground rule double back earlier in the game. It sure looked to me that it hit the concrete then bounced back into the field of play. Even on replays I didn't see any way the ball could hit the back of the railing and bounce forward, the physics just don't allow it.

So, while I think the ump missed the call with Holliday, in the end I think it evened out a questionable call that went against Colorado earlier in the game.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I don't think Holliday touched home plate either, but it was very close and I have never understood why catchers are allowed to block a guy sliding in the basepath when they don't even have the ball.

As an impartial observer, I think the umps also missed the call on the ball hit by the Rockies that was ruled a ground rule double back earlier in the game. It sure looked to me that it hit the concrete then bounced back into the field of play. Even on replays I didn't see any way the ball could hit the back of the railing and bounce forward, the physics just don't allow it.

So, while I think the ump missed the call with Holliday, in the end I think it evened out a questionable call that went against Colorado earlier in the game.

I saw the botched HR/GR2B call and couldn't believe it either. I had to listen to the rest of the game on ESPN Radio with the AM fading in-and-out here at work to catch the end of it tonight and those announcers also said (the best I could make it out) that Holliday didn't touch the plate.

I'm officially pulling for the Rox now in the NL this postseason and still firmly behind the Sox to win it all...TongueirateSho Awesome game tonight!
I was actually focused on this game more than the Bengals game. I must say the Rockies are now the team I will be pulling to win it all.
great great ballgame..i was switching it back and forth with MNF, and I tell ya, one of the best baseball games Ive seen in several years..Im glad Colorado won it. I like the Rockies, and yeah, thats gonna be a GREAT series to watch..
yeah the series between the Rockies and Phillies will be very exciting and A LOT of runs scored.Id say Phillies in 4 tho.