Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock Creek Christian Academy (MD) 22 Johnson Central 14
(09-17-2021, 11:08 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Dang. Must have been a solid team to hold jc to 14. But this does give me an Avenue to voice my complaint. KHsaa needs to do something about the out of state RPI calculations. It does not good- on paper anyways- to play a solid out of state team. If you win, we’ll it’s a .500 team. Lose it’s the same way.  But that’s what I’m saying. A Ky team that’s solid probably has a good schedule and their opponents win %.  So it’s not that bad if you get beat. Or not as bad. But an out of state team… it’s a different story. No solid RPI for them, or their opponents. I guess I’m looking at it as a glass half empty, but that kills me. Obviously it helps prepare the team on the field, but outside of that, what’s the other advantage of doing it?

The .500 only accounts for Opponent's Opponent's Winning Percentage in the RPI. Whatever Rock Creek's winning percentage is at the end of the season will be what is factored into the RPI. It's their OOP which will be locked in at .500. OOP usually averages out in the .400-.600 range anyways for most teams so it really doesn't swing things as much as you'd think.

Edit: Since it's a loss I guess Rock Creek won't really factor into the RPI at all, but you get my point.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Rock Creek Christian Academy (MD) 22 Johnson Central 14 - by RoShamBo - 09-18-2021, 12:19 PM