Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Harlan County
20.00%
Clay County
80.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County @ Clay County 9/24
Class 4A Harlan County (2-3) will travel to Class 4A Clay county (3-1)

Harlan County wins: South Laurel 59-28, Pike County Central 60-38
                   losses: Hazard 48-24, Whitley County 42-16, Knox Central 42-26

Clay County wins: Leslie County 28-14, Lynn Camp 40-0, Pike County Central 36-28
                losses: Knox Central 30-22

Thoughts?
Harlan County 28-21
Toss-up game.
Since its at Clay County on the new turf field. If my memory serves me correctly without looking, they played a barn burner for 3 quarters with no score the last time they met at Clay County before Harlan County won. Going with the home team on the new field.

Clay County 21
Harlan 20
Harlan County 28
Clay County 22
This is a literal toss-up. Both teams have shown flashes of good and bad football. The Bears have had Clay’s number since consolidation. The fact that this will be played on a new field could be a positive or negative for the Tigers; depends on how it weighs on the players. Harlan County probably has the best player on the field but Clay may be a little more balanced. This is likely for a spot to play additional football after the season as well. I’ll go with the home team 28-24.
Going with Coach Sizemore and the tigers at home 35-21, I think Clay has played some games that have made them better since the beginning of the season.
Clay County at home by two scores, a lot of ways to get from Harlan to Manchester, none of em are good.
(09-20-2021, 04:54 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: Clay County at home by two scores, a lot of ways to get from Harlan to Manchester, none of em are good.

Thats a fact, I know that by when we go Elk scouting in that country!
(09-20-2021, 04:35 PM)UKCC Wrote: This is a literal toss-up. Both teams have shown flashes of good and bad football. The Bears have had Clay’s number since consolidation. The fact that this will be played on a new field could be a positive or negative for the Tigers; depends on how it weighs on the players. Harlan County probably has the best player on the field but Clay may be a little more balanced. This is likely for a spot to play additional football after the season as well. I’ll go with the home team 28-24.

Is this the Hardest/Most balanced district south of Louisville?
Can't fathom either of these teams being at the bottom of many districts in Kentucky, granted I haven't seen Perry and I'm not sold on Letcher.
(09-20-2021, 08:43 PM)FallRock Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 04:35 PM)UKCC Wrote: This is a literal toss-up. Both teams have shown flashes of good and bad football. The Bears have had Clay’s number since consolidation. The fact that this will be played on a new field could be a positive or negative for the Tigers; depends on how it weighs on the players. Harlan County probably has the best player on the field but Clay may be a little more balanced. This is likely for a spot to play additional football after the season as well. I’ll go with the home team 28-24.

Can't fathom either of these teams being at the bottom of many districts in Kentucky, granted I haven't seen Perry and I'm not sold on Letcher.

I would say there’s some truth to that. Letcher came into the season at 2 with Perry playing much better as a program than many would’ve thought a few years ago. I think they’re benefiting from some returnees. It’s a pessimistic view but I always say it’s very difficult as a fan of any of the other 4 teams because you could have a historical season and still end up 2nd every year. I imagine ever team with a program like Johnson Central in their district across the state feels the same way. I haven’t seen the numbers recently but Clay was trending towards 3A.
(09-20-2021, 11:39 PM)UKCC Wrote:

I would say there’s some truth to that. Letcher came into the season at 2 with Perry playing much better as a program than many would’ve thought a few years ago. I think they’re benefiting from some returnees. It’s a pessimistic view but I always say it’s very difficult as a fan of any of the other 4 teams because you could have a historical season and still end up 2nd every year. I imagine ever team with a program like Johnson Central in their district across the state feels the same way. I haven’t seen the numbers recently but Clay was trending towards 3A.

Clay dropping to 3A would help them a ton imo just to get away from JC, they’re still not there but in a couple years they could compete with Bell and Rockastle both, maybe win the region which would be huge for them
Harlan should have the best player on the field but over the last couple weeks has been more balanced that the public gives them credit for, ofc the beast is getting 179 a game and 8.8 a carry, but Carr is putting up over a 100 a game and thomas jordan has big hitter potential. Clay may be more balanced and play better on Defense cause the black bears sometimes like to see some big 12 scores. Coach mac should see this as a statement game in his first year to show that this teams 1-3 start was growing pains. 42-21 Black bears
Going with clay county , 35-24

Letcher is clearly the 2nd best team in this district. Letcher should put a running clock on Clay and Harlan and will beat Perry by 3TDs or more this Friday.

(09-21-2021, 12:06 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Clay dropping to 3A would help them a ton imo just to get away from JC, they’re still not there but in a couple years they could compete with Bell and Rockastle both, maybe win the region which would be huge for them
Would love to see Letcher drop to 3A to. I don’t understand how they do these classifications. Letcher has 862 and is 4A and Ashland has 961 and they are 3A.
Hearing rumors the Clay County/Harlan County game has been changed to Monday Night (9/27) instead of Friday night. Then Clay has to travel to Johnson Central (10/01) the same week. Can anyone confirm the change?
(09-21-2021, 06:13 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Hearing rumors the Clay County/Harlan County game has been changed to Monday Night (9/27) instead of Friday night. Then Clay has to travel to Johnson Central (10/01) the same week. Can anyone confirm the change?

Yes, game will be Monday at 6:30.
[-] The following 1 user Likes UKCC's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-20-2021, 06:20 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 04:54 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: Clay County at home by two scores, a lot of ways to get from Harlan to Manchester, none of em are good.

I was out riding one time and went through Hyden over towards Harlan County and took a wrong turn and pulled up on some road construction, and a young man standing in the road. I asked him how to get back to London and he looked at me like he thought I was high, and said Dayum! You're way off. lol
(09-20-2021, 06:20 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Bring me some ground elk. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-21-2021, 02:32 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote:

Letcher is clearly the 2nd best team in this district. Letcher should put a running clock on Clay and Harlan and will beat Perry by 3TDs or more this Friday.

(09-21-2021, 12:06 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Would love to see Letcher drop to 3A to. I don’t understand how they do these classifications. Letcher has 862 and is 4A and Ashland has 961 and they are 3A.
Letcher County is a lot worse than advertised.
Monday Night football!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
Harlan co 27
Clay co 16