Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
East Ridge
28.57%
Prestonsburg
71.43%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
East Ridge @ Prestonsburg 9/24
Class 2A East Ridge (2-2) will travel to Class 2A Prestonsburg (3-2)

East Ridge wins: Floyd Central 42-34, Phelps 40-26
              losses: Betsy Layne 50-16, Harlan 46-40

Prestonsburg wins: Phelps 12-8, Powell County 34-6, Floyd Central 26-24
                 losses: Covid 1-0, Magoffin County 34-6

Thoughts?
Going with the home team.

Prestonsburg 35
East Ridge 21
Upset alert or is it?

East Ridge 21
Prestonsburg 20
First district matchup for both teams and it will also be homecoming for Prestonsburg. I expect a huge crowd and a rowdy atmosphere Friday night. The Prestonsburg program has a lot of momentum around it right now and folks are excited for this team.

As for the game itself...East Ridge has a really good playmaker at quarterback in Dylan Burdine. He's averaging over 200 yards passing and around 120 rushing yards per game. That's very impressive. He has a few nice weapons to throw to in Adkins and Howell. Defensively, ER gives up a lot of yards on the ground and a lot of points. In their last two games they've given up a average of 406 yards on the ground. This highly favors Prestonsburg, because ever since they've gotten the whole team back from quarantine before the Powell County game the offense has been moving the ball at will on the ground. Prestonsburg's defense has been really good so far this season as well. Their worst performance was against Magoffin County and they still only allowed just over 300 yards, despite being without almost half the team.

Prestonsburg's job this game is to pressure Burdine and wear him down while also limiting ER offensive possessions. The Warriors will want this one to be a shootout, so Prestonsburg has to play with more discipline this week than they did against Floyd Central. Can't give ER easy yards and first downs because of penalties. I don't see ER stopping Akers and Jarvis on the ground. Prestonsburg is well conditioned and much more physical this year than they've been since Brewer took over. The strength and conditioning program at Pburg has shown off these last two weeks.

I like my Blackcats in this matchup... Prestonsburg wins, 40-22.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
PBurg should have at least a slight advantage at most positions outside of QB on Friday. The key will definitely be containing Burdine. I don’t think we can outright STOP him, but we have to make someone else beat us

I think the partnership of Akers and Jarvis running behind a well conditioned OL will be the difference!

East Ridge is much improved from years past though.

I’m hopeful for a rowdy environment on Friday. I hope we can take the atmosphere from the Floyd Central game last week and make it like that from here on out! These kids truly deserve it!

When I was in high school, it was always a packed house at Josh Francis Field. Hopefully with it being homecoming and with Prestonsburg honoring the 01 team, it will be.

Now let’s have an injury free game and a Cats win!
My biggest concern for this game is that Pburg comes out flat after an emotional comeback win last week and all the hype and fanfare going on at halftime this week. If they come out flat and spot ER 14-21 points in the 1st quarter then I think the game will be over almost before it starts. I don’t think Pburg has an explosive enough offense to play from behind against an explosive ER offense.

However, if Pburg stays hungry and pushes themselves in practice this week and focuses on the game and not the hooplah (sp?) then I think they win this game pretty convincingly. I think we’re much better in the trenches and matchup well on defense with ER. It will all come down to whether we continue to make mental errors or not.

Focus, boys, focus

Pburg 28
ER 13
East ridge-46
Prestonsburg-24
Burdine runs all over a weak blackcat team
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warriorhawk17's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
Been a while since we got a W vs Prestonsburg. Last time was 1979 we won 20-0.
(09-20-2021, 07:47 PM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: East ridge-46
Prestonsburg-24
Burdine runs all over a weak blackcat team
Bulletin board material. Nice.
[-] The following 2 users Like BlackcatAlum's post:
  • BlackcatPride32, Red and Black
The Blackcats come off a huge win over Floyd Central last week if they come in this game with momentum then they will be hard to stop and with it being homecoming and honoring the 01 team they will have that extra fire burning. The community is starting to get behind this team as well
With that being said give me the Blackcats 34-26
East ridge wins this one
38-27
I think that this one will come down to how well the Blackcats defense plays against the East Ridge offense. I don't really believe any of these scores that has East Ridge winning by a large amount, if anything it will be a one score game. Because just from a score observation their defense has given up alot of points. With that being said I will pick the Blackcats here in this one. Coach Brewer has a great offensive strategy going into each game, and the defense showed their quality against a good FC offense those guys could really control the game but the Blackcat D made a nice stand when it needed it most.
Give me Blackcats 35
East Ridge 21
[-] The following 1 user Likes waughdaddy59's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
Is this one being streamed like the last one was? The last one was on youtube, but I believe it had been streamed for FC or something.

Wow nice defensive stand right out of the gate. with a fumble!

6 to the blackcats!
6 to 0

Wow these kids have come out on fire! what a turn around from silly penalties last week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes waughdaddy59's post:
  • Granny Bear
I will say this the QB for East Ridge looks great I had heard a lot about him and while this game right now is not going his way he is still built like a hoss and has a great throw.

East Ridge finds a little rhythm here it looks like and punches it in.
ER 6
Pburg 28

Wow ER with a last second score a impressive throw and catch
Pburg 34
ER 12

Excuse me 14 not 12
Dominant performance by the blackcat. Congrats to Coach Brewer the next two weeks will be the tale of the season Good luck going forward.