Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve Bannon Calls For 'Shock Troops' To 'Deconstruct' State As GOP Takes Oval Office
(10-06-2021, 11:33 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: As I said, violent crimes are up this year over 2020.
Quote:
Violent Crime Up, Other Offenses Down in 2021

Homicide rates in major U.S. cities in the first half of 2021 remained above the levels of recent years, the think tank Council on Criminal Justice said in an update of earlier reports. Homicides jumped 16 percent compared with the first half of 2020, an increase of 259, and by 42 percent from the first half of 2019, up by 548. The rate of increase slowed from the first to the second quarter of 2021. The homicide rate still was much below that of the early 1990s, 15 deaths per 100,000 residents compared 28 murders per 100,000 in 1993.

The report was based on a survey of 29 major cities, ranging from Norfolk, Va.,population 245,000, to Los Angeles, popuation 3.97 million.
Our conclusions have not changed, said authors criminologist Richard Rosenfeld of the University of Missouri St. Louis an Ernesto Lopez: "As the pandemic subsides, long-lasting reductions in violence and crime will require pursuing evidence-based crime-control strategies and enacting long-needed reforms to policing."

Aggravated and gun assault rates were higher in the first half of 2021 than in 2020. Aggravated assault rates increased nine percent while gun assault rates went up five percent. Motor vehicle theft rates were 21 percent higher.
“The rate of increase slowed from the first to the second quarter of 2021. The homicide rate still was much below that of the early 1990s, 15 deaths per 100,000 residents compared 28 murders per 100,000 in 1993.”

Hoot, you are not proving your case that America is more violent under Biden.

(10-06-2021, 11:53 AM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(10-06-2021, 09:34 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(10-06-2021, 09:21 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(10-06-2021, 08:32 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(10-05-2021, 09:42 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Violent crime is way up over 2020 and I am pretty sure that Steve Bannon is not behind any of those crimes. When you defend Antifa by parroting the propaganda that they are anti-Fascist, you are supporting their criminal organization.
When you repeat talking points made by those fellas you listen to, Hoot.  You may want to do a little research so they don’t make you look silly. Murder rates have already started to dip below last year rates. 
“A historic rise in homicides in 2020—and continued bloodshed in 2021—has incited fears that after years of plummeting crime rates, the U.S. could be headed back to the bad old days, when a crime wave gripped the country from the 1970s to the 1990s.

But the FBI’s “Uniform Crime Report” for 2020, released Monday, suggests something stranger: Perhaps America is in the midst of what is specifically a violence wave, not a broad crime wave. Even as violent crime rose, led by significant jumps in murders and aggravated assaults, property crime continued a years-long decline.“

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archiv...ve/620234/

I guarantee Ole Steve had his hand in at least one violent uprising of domestic terrorists attempting to usurp our established government.
Read your own quote. "Even as violent crime rose, led by significant jumps in murders and aggravated assaults..." I specifically said that the violent crime rate has risen. Now, you have stated the same thing that I said and are claiming that I need to do a little research.  Big Grin I am glad to see you doing some of your own research, even if you do not understand what you are reading and typing.
Hoot, you implied it was somehow the fault of this administration and as if it is still happening even as 2021 has shown a decrease.

Try to keep up with your own disingenuous accusations. Well, they are somebody’s maybe not yours.

(10-05-2021, 10:25 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(10-05-2021, 08:26 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
@TheRealThing

I am not copying that History lesson. 

But how can you compare a group that has never been persecuted and still isn’t being persecuted claim persecution equal the attempted genocide of Jews?

Dodgy  this persecution fantasy is utterly ridiculous.

The history lesson is totally accurate. As per usual, your mischaracterization which states that I compared Dem's assaults upon the character of conservatives to the level of Hitler's persecution of the Jew is totally false. It is however the same tactic. Don't try and act like calling all Trump supporters members of a cult, which you have been guilty of repeatedly, is not worthy of contempt.

Is it just me or did Outsider bring up the Hitler comparisons? My analogy is correct. I.E. see the many examples of assault upon Trump Political Rally goers. There are hundreds to choose from.
I just said I wasn’t copying it. No disputing. 

so calling Trump supporters a “cult”is on the same plane as Genocide?

oh boy… you are staying with the persecution fantasy. 

only one Hitler and Trump rally goer connection comes to mind: 1923 and 2020 Putsch.

In a manner of speaking, yes. When you accuse conservatives of being mass cultists, that is an attempt to make regular hard working folks, (many of them unlike you BTW, having served in the US Armed Services), look like mindless idiots whose opinions are therefore to be rejected out of hand. It is character assassination pure and simple, meant to destroy the credibility of your political opponents. And you are guilty of doing that very thing continually.

Further, the tactic has nearly gotten to the nuclear stage on the national scene where it was just reported this morning, that the Biden DOJ is sending FBI agents to harass parents making statements against undesirable school board policy; labeling them domestic terrorists. Bottom line--- nobody will listen to a cultist, and nobody will listen to a domestic terrorist. You should be proud of yourself Cardfan, for displaying such patriotism.

Character assassination = genocide 

Dodgy 

my gosh… you are out of touch. 

TRT, you do realize that you choose your politics. You can vote anyway you want when the curtain closes, but when you advertise it people can have opinions just as you can. You are not being persecuted. It’s not close to the same. 

I don’t have another word for people that follow around a loser always talking about how they won…well maybe…Tennessee Vols fans. Big Grin 

I haven’t seen that story, BUT I assume it would have something to do with the folks who have been threatening a school board leaders and education professionals.  That is against the law even if you don’t like what they decide.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Steve Bannon Calls For 'Shock Troops' To 'Deconstruct' State As GOP Takes Oval Office - by Cardfan1 - 10-06-2021, 12:03 PM