Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 41 Perry County Central 00
Final.
Congrats. About what everyone expected I think. How was PCC?
Looked like Johnson central physically took over the game and drained Perry’s defense in the 2nd half. The game went from 7-0 at halftime to a complete blowout by start of the 4th.
I think the gravity of Monday got them off to a sluggish start. I am not making excuses, just the way it seemed. PCC is better than last year, just not ready to take down the Eagles. Several personal fouls on both teams tonight.
(10-08-2021, 10:58 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Congrats. About what everyone expected I think. How was PCC?

First half was surprising. Stopped Johnson Central first drive inside the 10. Drove to midfield and ran a fake punt that was short by a yard. Johnson Central scored on the next drive and then Perry drove the ball and kept it the rest of the half. Ran the ball and it was basically 3-5 yards with the QB every play. They stalled out on a 4th and 1 at the Johnson Central 3 with 12 seconds to go in the half.

Johnson Central forced a fumble on the kickoff and scored quick second half. Perry went three and out and JC scored to go up 21-0. By then, Johnson Central was gashing Perry every run and Perry had to throw the ball and couldn’t stick to what worked in the first half. 

Personal fouls started flying and this one ended up getting out of hand. I think Johnson Central switched up the backfield a bit in the second half and that worked well for them. Don’t know for sure though because it was so foggy lol
(10-08-2021, 11:21 PM)Old guy Wrote: I think the gravity of Monday got them off to a sluggish start. I am not making excuses, just the way it seemed. PCC is better than last year, just not ready to take down the Eagles. Several personal fouls on both teams tonight.
That’s not an excuse. That would weigh heavy on anyone. Just learned that it was 7-0 at the half. Which still surprises me. But that’s why we play two halves. Probably pretty good to see the kids can handle adversity and still take care of business
PCC has some horses. Johnson Central is still trying to focus and get their mind on the task at hand.
Good district win.
Congratulations Johnson Central!!! Nice job Perry County Central as well.
Very unusual to see an alumni officiating his team especially a home game, never saw that before. He wasn’t shy about who he was for either. Didn’t change the outcome so not an excuse. Just caught me off guard
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gold River's post:
  • Diogenes
Things like that usually only happen in the 15th.
I will say that crew definitely lost control of this game early. Can't they definitely appeared biased either direction (they were bad both ways), but definitely very fortunate that game didn't spiral out of control at several different points. Glad to get out of there with a win and without any obvious major injuries.
Way to go Eagles.
(10-09-2021, 12:15 AM)Gold River Wrote: Very unusual to see an alumni officiating his team especially a home game, never saw that before. He wasn’t shy about who he was for either. Didn’t change the outcome so not an excuse. Just caught me off guard

You’ve never seen someone officiate a game who went to school there?
Sounds like Perry Central played a great first half. I can't imagine going through what the Johnson Central team has gone through the last few weeks. I would take a heavy toll on you.
Good job Eagles, keep the train moving
(10-08-2021, 11:24 PM)zaga_fan Wrote:
(10-08-2021, 10:58 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Congrats. About what everyone expected I think. How was PCC?

First half was surprising. Stopped Johnson Central first drive inside the 10. Drove to midfield and ran a fake punt that was short by a yard. Johnson Central scored on the next drive and then Perry drove the ball and kept it the rest of the half. Ran the ball and it was basically 3-5 yards with the QB every play. They stalled out on a 4th and 1 at the Johnson Central 3 with 12 seconds to go in the half.

Johnson Central forced a fumble on the kickoff and scored quick second half. Perry went three and out and JC scored to go up 21-0. By then, Johnson Central was gashing Perry every run and Perry had to throw the ball and couldn’t stick to what worked in the first half. 

Personal fouls started flying and this one ended up getting out of hand. I think Johnson Central switched up the backfield a bit in the second half and that worked well for them. Don’t know for sure though because it was so foggy lol
After PC/Paintsville game last week I knew this one would get chippy but the Eagles did what I hoped they would do. PC has a long way to go to start competing in 4A.
(10-09-2021, 05:37 AM)zaga_fan Wrote:
(10-09-2021, 12:15 AM)Gold River Wrote: Very unusual to see an alumni officiating his team especially a home game, never saw that before. He wasn’t shy about who he was for either. Didn’t change the outcome so not an excuse. Just caught me off guard

No I’m pretty sure KHSAA is pretty firm against it, I’ve never saw anyone in the 15th officiate their respective school.

No sir
(10-09-2021, 11:29 AM)Gold River Wrote:

No sir
I have never saw it either till here recently they may be short on officials but looks like they could rotate.
Perry Central has the fastest kid in eastern KY (#13 Miller) and only play him on offense. I understand that they are trying to play more kids but when you are trying to win football games, how can you not utilize this kid? Put him on the edge and bring him a lot. His speed by itself would hurt a lot of teams.
I dont think Perrys defense is that bad, just think 13 would help them. The offense just cant put points on the board. Not sure who the OC is at Perry but maybe Dixon should coach both the O and D. I know JC is good but losing 40 to 0 just aint good. I would love to see PCC compete. The Paintsville win was a good one but come on. Ive watched Corbin and Boyle play this year. They will put up a lot of points on JC this season. Perry should have put up 20-21 points.
I think JC has a excellent team and is definitely 1 of the best 3 or 4 teams in 4A but this team doesn’t look as dominant as they have the past several years. From what I have seen I don’t think JC can beat Corbin this year.
Central will be alright come November  Monday was a day that no player should experience these kids loved coach more than most kids love their own father. To me that’s 11 players on the field at a time that all lost their dad. It’s expected to lose your fire during times like that. Granted Corbin is the favorite and is great team. I just don’t think after Corbin there is a hug difference in 2-4.
(10-09-2021, 11:27 AM)Kamikaze Wrote:

No I’m pretty sure KHSAA is pretty firm against it, I’ve never saw anyone in the 15th officiate their respective school.

The KHSAA isn’t pretty firm against it as far as I know.
It’s supposed to be that you can’t officiate where you graduated from until 5 years later.
With an official shortage, I would imagine most everything is out the window. They were moving games in the 14th to Thursday because of officials this week.

But I’m pretty sure I’ve seen folks officiate places where they graduated in the 13th, 14th and 15th. If there’s an official that could weigh in I would put their word above mine though.
(10-09-2021, 07:13 PM)zaga_fan Wrote:
(10-09-2021, 11:27 AM)Kamikaze Wrote:

The KHSAA isn’t pretty firm against it as far as I know.
It’s supposed to be that you can’t officiate where you graduated from until 5 years later.
With an official shortage, I would imagine most everything is out the window. They were moving games in the 14th to Thursday because of officials this week.

But I’m pretty sure I’ve seen folks officiate places where they graduated in the 13th, 14th and 15th. If there’s an official that could weigh in I would put their word above mine though.
Fellas It wasn’t any home cooking they was laying it to both sides a little to aggressively but I do hope that crew don’t do any play off games. But yes I’d say it happens in other sports more often than football. officials are in desperate need of more from what I can tell so I’d say that played a roll. A lot of officials are retiring and the new generation isn’t picking it up so we may be in trouble in the future. I will say 3 weeks ago I saw a different crew in the 15 have a white hat get ate alive by the rest of his crew for being in a power trip as they put it when addressing him about the situation. A respected coach not from the 15th was trying to get his player off the field for what turned out to be a significant injury and he let the other team run a play while the defense was assisting their teammate off the field all while he was out of position arguing with the Coaches over taking to long to get their player off the field.