Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 43 Sayre 7
Final another large margin win for Pikeville over Sayre again. A running clock before halftime.
Panthers looked keyed in on this one like they were last year congratulations to the Panthers
Well oiled machine…
Way to go Panthers! I knew Sayre wouldn't be so good against tough competition.
If a moderator can fix the KHSAA has changed to score now to 43 to 7.
I guess this let's Sayre know they have a ways to go yet to be in Pikeville's league. Congrats Panthers.
Sayre is a joke look what happens when they actually play someone
Went as expected. If Pikeville keeps playing with chip on their shoulder no one in 1A comes close.
Pikeville on a mission!
One or two Sayre fans are a joke. The program itself is very young and has scheduled exactly how they should to build a program.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iam4thecats's post:
  • Westside
I agree with how Sayre has scheduled the last couple years. A very new program trying to build confidence scheduling some easier games to get some wins is def the correct approach. But at some point they have to step up the level of competition slightly, but the question is will Pennington stay after his boys are gone? Building a solid program from scratch can’t happen overnight. If they follow LCA’s blueprint they most certainly could be a major player in 1A in the future. Good luck the rest of the way Spartans! Could Pikeville possibly see them again in the playoffs? I think it could happen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • Westside
(10-09-2021, 03:18 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: I agree with how Sayre has scheduled the last couple years. A very new program trying to build confidence scheduling some easier games to get some wins is def the correct approach. But at some point they have to step up the level of competition slightly, but the question is will Pennington stay after his boys are gone? Building a solid program from scratch can’t happen overnight. If they follow LCA’s blueprint they most certainly could be a major player in 1A in the future. Good luck the rest of the way Spartans! Could Pikeville possibly see them again in the playoffs? I think it could happen.

I think Sayre is good enough to claim that second spot in the playoffs.  I also think Sayre believes they will see Pikeville again because it didnt look like they prepared anything unique for the Pikeville match up. Panthers looked ready for a post season run last night.
Pikeville passed the test of where they are right now with flying colors.
Lots of bad news for Class A last night.
1. Running clock at halftime. Extremely focused effort.
2. Carson Wright back. HUGE.
3. Madison Central went to undefeated 6A Oldham County and won.
4. Pikeville now #1 RPI in 1A. No chance they lose at home in playoffs if they stay 1 or 2 RPI and still only slight chance if they have to go on the road.

Before anyone says what about last year, last year just makes it more likely Pikeville wins it all this year, not less likely.

Good luck to the Pike High Panthers, stay focused and bring #6 back home where it belongs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(10-09-2021, 08:24 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Pikeville passed the test of where they are right now with flying colors.
Lots of bad news for Class A last night.
1. Running clock at halftime. Extremely focused effort.
2. Carson Wright back. HUGE.
3. Madison Central went to undefeated 6A Oldham County and won.
4. Pikeville now #1 RPI in 1A. No chance they lose at home in playoffs if they stay 1 or 2 RPI and still only slight chance if they have to go on the road.

Before anyone says what about last year, last year just makes it more likely Pikeville wins it all this year, not less likely.

Good luck to the Pike High Panthers, stay focused and bring #6 back home where it belongs.
Back home where it belongs is exactly right. Sayre just didn't have any answers to the Pikeville onslaught Friday evening. With the addition of Carson wright, it's just going to solidify Pikeville's game on both sides of the ball. This young man is a gamer but he'll have to make his way cautiously considering the extended injury he's suffered through The season. I think this team will stay focussed as the Panthers are on a mission !!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot