Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Betsy Lane
36.36%
Paintsville
63.64%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Betsy Layne @ Paintsville 10/15
Class 1A Betsy Layne (6-1) will travel to Class 1A Paintsville (3-4)

Betsy Layne wins: Martin County 26-25, Morgan County 56-20, East Ridge 50-16, Jenkins 55-6, Covid 1-0, Phelps 32-12
                losses: Raceland 62-20

Paintsville wins: Somerset 33-0, Knox Central 34-14, Fairview 46-0
             losses: Pikeville 43-21, Beechwood 49-0, Garrard County 22-14, Perry County Central 17-14

Thoughts?
Paintsville 32
Betsy lane 30
Paintsville by at least 2-3 scores.
Betsy layne takes another one on the chin
Paintsville is really struggling in their title defense year, but I think they put it back together in this one.

Paintsville 28
BL 20
Betsy Layne doesn’t have a good run defense and Phelps should have a big game. They might have a big play here and there but it shouldn’t be close.

Paintsville 56
Betsy Layne 14
I am going with Paintsville in this one but Betsy Layne has made some improvements but not there yet
The Bobcats are going to roll in this one. GO BOBCATS!!!!
Paintsville pulls away in the 2nd half.

42-15
This could wind up being a closer game than many in Paintsville expect.

If Jarrell is able to make the adjustments needed to protect Mimms more and the Bobcats are able to get some stops and force a few Paintsville mistakes, then BL can win this game. They can't have any bad snaps or rack up the penalties again.

I like Paintsville, but BL can win this game... Tigers win, 34-18.
[-] The following 2 users Like BlackcatAlum's post:
  • Blue_Bird96, Westside
Gotta disagree BCA, I’m not sure BL will tackle Harris Phelps consistently. Paintsville cruises. Well I’m assuming Phelps is healthy, if so it won’t be close. Now if he’s not healthy I could definitely see it being relatively close. I’m honestly very happy for the strides BL has made this year but they aren’t into the Paintsville/ Raceland echelon yet.
(10-11-2021, 11:15 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Gotta disagree BCA, I’m not sure BL will tackle Harris Phelps consistently. Paintsville cruises. Well I’m assuming Phelps is healthy, if so it won’t be close. Now if he’s not healthy I could definitely  see it being relatively close. I’m honestly very happy for the strides BL has made this year but they aren’t into the Paintsville/ Raceland echelon yet.
True. We saw that last week against Raceland. Look for Paintsville to come out ready to make a statement Friday night and secure another District win 

Paintsville 42
Betsy Layne 14
Phelps goes off for possibly a career night, while BL QB throws for 300 and 4 scores. This game becomes a shootout...

Paintsville 42
Betsy Lane 30
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scotty_Bronson's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
Game Day!
Give me Betsy Layne in an upset. I really like what Coach Jarrell and his staff are doing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatPride32's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
Betsy Lane has to control their emotions better. Last week they were a team that looked like they didnt know how to handle adversity and lost control several times. They have a good QB and good WR who have alot of guts going over the middle. But their run game and defense is fsirly weak.

Live stream of tonight's game
13-0 Paintsville through 1...

Tigers have too much speed for Bobcats so far
Bobcats may score some points but unless Paintsville fumbles the ball, we will score every possession.

(10-15-2021, 08:56 PM)MyBlackcatAlum Wrote: 13-0 Paintsville through 1...

Tigers have too much speed for Bobcats so far
And blocking.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
This one is headed toward a running clock....

Betsy Layne is much improved compared to years past, but they still aren't there yet with the better programs in class A.
21-0 Early 2nd. Taylor with 2 long TD runs. Phelps doing his normal.

Someone mentioned BL needed to control their emotions, they are currently struggling to do so. Hopefully no one is ejected.
Another week and another punch thrown from a Betsy Layne Bobcat... ridiculous!
I give Betsy Layne a lot of credit. They have improved a lot from the last couple years. They've beaten a lot of teams this season who blew them out the last few years. But this shows how long they have to go to be a serious contender in 1a. I really think BL would compete better if they were in that 2a district with Shelby Valley and Pburg. They beat Martin County who may win that district.

(10-15-2021, 09:09 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Another week and another punch thrown from a Betsy Layne Bobcat... ridiculous!
Sign of a team who can't handle adversity. Never understood why punching someone who has a helmet on. Get them between the whistles not after it.
(10-15-2021, 09:14 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: I give Betsy Layne a lot of credit. They have improved a lot from the last couple years. They've beaten a lot of teams this season who blew them out the last few years. But this shows how long they have to go to be a serious contender in 1a. I really think BL would compete better if they were in that 2a district with Shelby Valley and Pburg. They beat Martin County who may win that district.

(10-15-2021, 09:09 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Another week and another punch thrown from a Betsy Layne Bobcat... ridiculous!
Sign of a team who can't handle adversity. Never understood why punching someone who has a helmet on. Get them between the whistles not after it.

Martin County didn't know they were playing BL until 1PM the day of and it was the first game of the season.

I don't think BL's defense could stop Martin County right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
(10-15-2021, 09:14 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: I give Betsy Layne a lot of credit. They have improved a lot from the last couple years. They've beaten a lot of teams this season who blew them out the last few years. But this shows how long they have to go to be a serious contender in 1a. I really think BL would compete better if they were in that 2a district with Shelby Valley and Pburg. They beat Martin County who may win that district.

When Paintsville middle school played them this year, they had the same issue. TWICE! Two bobcats ejected! Hopefully their program gets control of that stuff soon!
35-0 mid 2nd
Paintsville 35
Betsy Layne 0
8:15 left in the first half

35-6 Paintsville 3:38 left in the first half.

TD Tigers! Phelps with the run

Paintsville 41
Betsy Layne 6
:59 sec remaining in the first Half.

PAT Good

42-6 Tigers. Just before the Half.

HALFTIME

PAINTSVILLE 42
BL 6

(10-15-2021, 11:16 AM)BlackcatPride32 Wrote: Give me Betsy Layne in an upset. I really like what Coach Jarrell and his staff are doing.
Unfortunately they still have quite a bit of work to do, to compete at the top of 1A.  Playing Programs like Paintsville, Pikeville, Raceland and Hazard is always a good way to see exactly where you stack up in 1A.

TD TIGERS
49-6

4:50 in the 3rd

James with a 50 yard pass to #4 Porter for a Tiger TD

56-6 Tigers

10:20 left
Betsy Layne starting to get some yardage late in the game.

4:03 left. Bobcats trying to get one More In the end zone

Mims runs one in from the 3rd yard line. TD Bobcats.

2 pt conversion good

56-14 tigers
2:40 left

Bobcats to kick off
1:44 remaining

FINAL from The Walter J Brugh Complex

Tigers 56
Betsy Layne 14
(10-15-2021, 09:22 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:

Martin County didn't know they were playing BL until 1PM the day of and it was the first game of the season.

We didn’t know that game was being played till 1pm either.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(10-15-2021, 11:20 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 09:22 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:

We didn’t know that game was being played till 1pm either.
...and my point remains the same.

I don't think BL could stop Martin County right now.