Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Corbin 42 Lincoln County 21
I believe that if Corbin is going to win a championship this year, they may have to play a few more players on both sides of the ball. I thought it cost them against Boyle a few years ago in the finals and would hate to see it happen again.
(10-16-2021, 06:48 AM)Granny Bear Wrote:
(10-16-2021, 01:12 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: This team is going to give me a heart attack.  We seemed so predictable, I think Bull would agree I was calling what would happen, before it happened. Game reminded me of the SK game 2.0. The only real bright spot was we got punched in the mouth and we responded, against a good team this will be hard to overcome.

Bossdaddy, did you sneak around and hire Eddie Gran??

:) :)

Lol, that was good. In all honesty offensive play calling wasn’t exactly what I was talking about, at times. The offense can’t score if they can’t get on the field. I called this game 42-14, wet field would keep it close for a half. We play bend but don’t break defense, not 11 flying to the ball. We came out flat, and give to much ground because we respect a kid like Davis, or Amon. It kinda defeats the purpose of having kids draw double and triple teams to win the numbers game in the box, if we will not come up and stick them at the line of scrimmage. A kid like Davis is going to break a big one no matter what, you just have to stop the short ones get your offense back on the field and we couldn’t do that and it led to long drives. It was a good win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • Bull got out!
(10-16-2021, 01:33 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(10-16-2021, 12:55 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: You better hope Corbin gets there because Boyle will be there!

Clayton Davis was the best player on the field.  1 rush 77 yds TD 10 catches 136 yards 2tds.

Big Grin  He’s a heck of a player but he was not the best player on the field.  You can’t compare stats the way your trying when Corbin had multiple kids touching the ball and then declare the stats leader the best player on the field.  I intended to congratulate you on a hard fought game and still do I thought Lincoln played extremely hard but one player doesn’t win the game.
Davis is a solid player. Lincoln showed up last night for sure. Can’t overlook Mills, Huff, Poore.
Lincoln has not had a good season, but they are not a bad team. I know you are judged by your record but a LOT of people expected to see the Lincoln team that showed up last night, show up all season. I don't know what has happened this season but they are better than their record. They have talent but for some reason have just laid an egg this year. It happens, but they are not a bad team.
(10-16-2021, 10:02 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: state championship teams normally struggle with 3 win teams whos best win is over somerset things will be okay no reason to stress

WhenTheBellTrolls. lol
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Hound05, WhomTheBellTolls
(10-16-2021, 10:02 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: state championship teams normally struggle with 3 win teams whos best win is over somerset things will be okay no reason to stress

Well our best win could’ve been over Fell Co but they’re to scared to play and good thing you all played Lincoln at home their visitor bleachers ain’t big enough for Dudley…

I wonder if Bell County would have went to Lincoln and played, would they have scored 33 points? Corbin scored 42 with half the skills on offense on the bench. One of the reasons I picked Bell over Pulaski was like the Lincoln win at home, I know how Lincoln plays us and that was impressive. But when you go on the road and like Bell went to Pulaski in a 27-24 loss, but Corbin went to Pulaski on a hangover and wins 49-6. Anthing can happen especially on a wet field. It was Senior night and Lincoln had a good crowd. Davis and Amon played the same way I have saw them play everytime we meet. Dangerous. They seem to play beyond themselves when Corbin is on the field.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • BEChargers, Granny Bear
Mr Baker was very impressive as always last night, just in case anyone was wondering….
Boyle County's loss is more impressive than any win Corbin has so far. Don't at me.
we are middle of the road 3a team you guys are the 2021 state champs of 4a not sure why you are comparing us .. why was half the skills on offense on the bench .. ?
(10-16-2021, 01:30 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I wonder if Bell County would have went to Lincoln and played, would they have scored 33 points? Corbin scored 42 with half the skills on offense on the bench. One of the reasons I picked Bell over Pulaski was like the Lincoln win at home, I know how Lincoln plays us and that was impressive. But when you go on the road and like Bell went to Pulaski in a 27-24 loss, but Corbin went to Pulaski on a hangover and wins 49-6. Anthing can happen especially on a wet field. It was Senior night and Lincoln had a good crowd. Davis and Amon played the same way I have saw them play everytime we meet. Dangerous. They seem to play beyond themselves when Corbin is on the field.

If I had a pretty good football team that has had a terrible season, one way to salvage a bad season to upset the #1 team in 4A. Sr. night, some really good skill players and a disappointing season brings out a whale of an effort for Lincoln. Wasn't Corbin's best showing but they took care of business and pulled away. I think Corbin will be fine. First half should do well to refocus right before playoffs start.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!
(10-16-2021, 01:34 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Mr Baker was very impressive as always last night, just in case anyone was wondering….

Yes Jacob always gives you his all and is a true weapon.

(10-16-2021, 11:41 AM)UKmom Wrote:
(10-16-2021, 01:33 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(10-16-2021, 12:55 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: You better hope Corbin gets there because Boyle will be there!

Clayton Davis was the best player on the field.  1 rush 77 yds TD 10 catches 136 yards 2tds.

:D  He’s a heck of a player but he was not the best player on the field.  You can’t compare stats the way your trying when Corbin had multiple kids touching the ball and then declare the stats leader the best player on the field.  I intended to congratulate you on a hard fought game and still do I thought Lincoln played extremely hard but one player doesn’t win the game.
Davis is a solid player. Lincoln showed up last night for sure. Can’t overlook Mills, Huff, Poore.

Couldn’t agree more, three special athletes.
(10-16-2021, 03:13 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: we are middle of the road 3a team you guys are the 2021 state champs of 4a not sure why you are comparing us .. why was half the skills on offense on the bench .. ?

I'm not comparing Corbin to Bell, there is no comparison. I was just pointing out some facts not just throwing rabbit punches at a program like a couple of you guys do. I actually respect Bell and have picked them alot this year. Corbin hasn't won any title this year that I am aware of. We definately are headed in the same direction that Boyle, Johnson Central, Franklin, Central, I will add Lexington Catholic after the last game as they can bring it against a top team. I think Corbin is playing fine. I actually got on Hudle and watched the film and I'm not worried a bit. Looked better than I thought after breaking it down. I'll not post why one player was out, thats confidential to him. But another was ejected, that also takes 1 off the defense. for a half as well. But looking at it from the fact that Lincoln converted on some big plays that happens. I'll give them a big shout out. I know they are on the other team but really nice athletes and they were healthy and showed there worth to the team. Nice Job Davis and Amon, a joy to watch. I actually saw alot I liked from our team as well from this game. Huff running in the second half will be hard for any team we face to overcome. Combs in beast mode again running and Mills runs as well as anyone in the open field, so that 3 headed monster is just plain scary. Our offensive line makes the way for that beast!!!!
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR, Bossdaddy 4115, Granny Bear
corbin had a kid ejected .. ? I thought tommy didn’t put up with that nonsense and was all about discipline .. that sure surprises me
(10-16-2021, 04:56 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: corbin had a kid ejected .. ? I thought tommy didn’t put up with that nonsense and was all about discipline .. that sure surprises me

Look even I have gave bell some compliments this season as bad as it hurts me to say. You all are a solid team not to be overlooked in 3a, move on and drop it please. We played our worst game of the season and glad it’s out of our system, but your beating a dead horse with it. I know several teams want to see us come up short, it may happen if we don’t fix some stuff but the score board shows a 42-21 win so I will take it. There is enough stuff going on without someone trying to take cheap shots. Good luck the rest of the way, I look to see bell play in semi state level this year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • WhomTheBellTolls
(10-16-2021, 04:56 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: corbin had a kid ejected .. ? I thought tommy didn’t put up with that nonsense and was all about discipline .. that sure surprises me

I agree with you there. It surprises me as well. I also am surprised when I watch Hudle and break down our defense and see one of our star players deciding to be on the field but not the play. I'm more alarmed by that than I am a player making a bad decision with emotions near a opponsing teams sideline.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • WhomTheBellTolls
The 2 teams with the best chance to run the table in the playoffs are Boyle and Corbin. JC, Central, Franklin County and LC are good enough to beat either Boyle or Corbin on any given night if either team does not play up to its potential. Everyone arguing whose better is silly. Let the season play out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iggyfan's post:
  • Bull got out!
I’m sorry. I must have missed the part of the game where our offense didn’t score at will and we struggled? I’m so confused right now.

Haha people who weren’t even there act like we had to score a late game TD for the win.

And then you have bell county county fans trying to troll. You lost to a horrible Pulaski team. You notice how you don’t have REAL BC, or JC fans on here agreeing with this trolls? It’s like the little snotty kid in middle school trying to pick a fight between two other people.
Cool With all this new found hate I gotta bring out the shades…except for whomthebelltrolls he’s a constant hater and I can’t find the finger emoji for him I’m looking for…
(10-16-2021, 01:34 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Mr Baker was very impressive as always last night, just in case anyone was wondering….
I always wonder how my cousins are doing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • TD Hounds
(10-16-2021, 05:10 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:

Look even I have gave bell some compliments this season as bad as it hurts me to say.  You all are a solid team not to be overlooked in 3a, move on and drop it please.  We played our worst game of the season and glad it’s out of our system,  but your beating a dead horse with it.  I know several teams want to see us come up short,  it may happen if we don’t fix some stuff but the score board shows a 42-21 win so I will take it.  There is enough stuff going on without someone trying to take cheap shots. Good luck the rest of the way, I look to see bell play in semi state level this year.

Overlook it I’m sure going through the Fell Co school system done him no favors…

(10-16-2021, 06:22 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(10-16-2021, 01:34 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Mr Baker was very impressive as always last night, just in case anyone was wondering….

Which one you talking about?  There’s two of them and they both had a very good game, although one sprinting down the side line after an interception almost made me say some bad words….
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Hound05
(10-16-2021, 06:03 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Cool With all this new found hate I gotta bring out the shades…except for whomthebelltrolls he’s a constant hater and I can’t find the finger emoji for him I’m looking for…

if you have an iphone it’s on there you just aren’t looking close enough
[-] The following 1 user Likes WhomTheBellTolls's post:
  • TD Hounds
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned with Corbin giving up almost 450 yards to a Lincoln Co. team that averaged 12.3 ppg against Danville, John Hardin, Bell, and Southwestern. Gotta do better in games 13, 14, and 15.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Nygfan106wins
(10-16-2021, 06:36 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Look even I have gave bell some compliments this season as bad as it hurts me to say.  You all are a solid team not to be overlooked in 3a, move on and drop it please.  We played our worst game of the season and glad it’s out of our system,  but your beating a dead horse with it.  I know several teams want to see us come up short,  it may happen if we don’t fix some stuff but the score board shows a 42-21 win so I will take it.  There is enough stuff going on without someone trying to take cheap shots. Good luck the rest of the way, I look to see bell play in semi state level this year.

Overlook it I’m sure going through the Fell Co school system done him no favors…

Which one you talking about?  There’s two of them and they both had a very good game, although one sprinting down the side line after an interception almost made me say some bad words….

You said Mr. Baker. I'm a Baker Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(10-16-2021, 08:02 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Not talking about food PJDoug, LOL.

(10-16-2021, 03:05 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Boyle County's loss is more impressive than any win Corbin has so far. Don't at me.

What impresses me about the Boyle loss is the fact that after the game, the Boyle coaching staff headed by Coach Haddix looks at the game film and makes crucial changes to help the needs of the team. I commend that. Film tells all if one is willing to look at it and make adjustments accordingly. The other thing that impresses me is the fact that Boyle is playing players on both sides of the ball that can and has made a major impact on the success of this years team. 

As far as losing to LCA, to me thats no different than Corbin losing to last years Beechwood, as Forest Gump say "it happens" lol. 

But saying Boyle losing is better than Corbin beating then #1 Franklin County and Christ School which was a very good team. I can't agree with you there. You sound like Joe Biden with a comment like that. Especially when you say something like "Don't at me". ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hound05
(10-16-2021, 07:16 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:
(10-16-2021, 06:03 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Cool With all this new found hate I gotta bring out the shades…except for whomthebelltrolls he’s a constant hater and I can’t find the finger emoji for him I’m looking for…

Big Grin

Big Grin Big Grin
(10-16-2021, 09:06 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(10-16-2021, 07:16 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:

Big Grin

Big Grin Big Grin

I wasn't referring to food. I have two Baker surname lines in my family tree.
(10-16-2021, 08:25 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Not talking about food PJDoug, LOL.

(10-16-2021, 03:05 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Boyle County's loss is more impressive than any win Corbin has so far. Don't at me.

What impresses me about the Boyle loss is the fact that after the game, the Boyle coaching staff headed by Coach Haddix looks at the game film and makes crucial changes to help the needs of the team. I commend that. Film tells all if one is willing to look at it and make adjustments accordingly. The other thing that impresses me is the fact that Boyle is playing players on both sides of the ball that can and has made a major impact on the success of this years team. 

As far as losing to LCA, to me thats no different than Corbin losing to last years Beechwood, as Forest Gump say "it happens" lol. 

But saying Boyle losing is better than Corbin beating then #1 Franklin County and Christ School which was a very good team. I can't agree with you there. You sound like Joe Biden with a comment like that. Especially when you say something like "Don't at me". ?

You clearly don't understand. I said DON'T at me. 
(10-16-2021, 12:41 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

WhenTheBellTrolls. lol

Classic. Well done.  LOL

My mama was a Baker.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • pjdoug