Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
70.00%
Simon Kenton
30.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell vs Simon Kenton
These 2 schools haven't played in 38 seasons.

All time series record:
Russell- 1 win
Simon Kenton-3 wins

10/29/69
@Simon Kenton- 30
Russell- 6
Russell Head coach: LaFayette Walter
10/25/68 RHS Homecoming
Simon Kenton- 39
@Russell- 7
Russell Head Coach: Heulyn Bishop

10/20/67
@Simon Kenton- 25
Russell- 13

10/21/66 RHS Homecoming
Simon Kenton- 0
@Russell- 28

Home win streak still on the line for Russell. 34 wins in a row at Henry R Evans Stadium......
it will be a game the devils have to come out amped up and running on all cylinders
dundee Wrote:it will be a game the devils have to come out amped up and running on all cylinders

True Dat, ive been ready for this game the whole season!
Never heard of that other team. where are they from?
Screwball Wrote:Never heard of that other team. where are they from?

Independence in Kenton County. It is located in NKY, not far from Erlanger and Covington.
Screwball Wrote:Never heard of that other team. where are they from?
Kenton Co in Northern Ky. Namesake of the great pioneer Simon Kenton. Who was killed by a tribe of fierce Shawnee. The Great Shawnee Chief Tecumseh feared no man with 1 exception. Simon Kenton.

I hope the Red Devils come out like a bunch of wild Shawnee on the War Path!!!!!:devilflam
DevilsWin you have it wrong Bishop was coach in 66 and I believe Walters was 69. But the rest of it is right. Simon Kenton is going to be a tough game. The streak to make it 35 is on the line and this team scares me because we don't know much about them.
DEVIL89 Wrote:DevilsWin you have it wrong Bishop was coach in 66 and I believe Walters was 69. But the rest of it is right. Simon Kenton is going to be a tough game. The streak to make it 35 is on the line and this team scares me because we don't know much about them.
Your right there Devil89. When I posted the head coach part I had already filled out everyhthing else and got it backwards accidentally. Maybe Midee1 can fix it for me.
That's OK that is what we are here for to keep each other on track.
:thumpsup:
DEVIL89 Wrote:That's OK that is what we are here for to keep each other on track.
Fixed. Is that how it should read?
That is correct!
DEVIL89 Wrote:That is correct!

:thumpsup:
Midee1 Wrote::thumpsup:
Thanks!
This should be a really good thread. Alot of Red Devils have been waiting on this one all year.
I Think it will be close and then Simon Kenton will win in the last few sconds
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cards09 Wrote:I Think it will be close and then Simon Kenton will win in the last few sconds
No one will win at Henry R Evans Stadium that way. If it comes down to the visitors last posession I believe the Red Devils can stop anyone.
That may be true ive never saw a game there but i wish you guys the best of luck
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If Russell comes out and play's ball and can comtrol Simon's passing the will win this one by a TD, Good Luck Devils keep the home winning Stick going
Confusedumo: Can't wait,I too have been looking forward to this game since I found out the Devils were going to play them.This will be a great game!!Let's Roll Devils!!
Here are a little bit of stats from each team:

Simon Kenton: scored - 123
allowed - 147
rushing - 871
rushing allowed- 1113
passing - 677
passing allowed - 817

rushing leaders:
42 - 233 yards 3 td's
10 - 178 yards 1 td

passing:
10- 51-107 667 yards 7td's 6 INT's

receiving:
19 - 23 receptions 299 yards 4 td's

they have 5 INT's as a whole (2 WITH 2 AND 1 WITH 1

Russell:

scored - 218
allowed - 107
rushing - 1625
rushing allowed - 675
passing - 524
passing allowed - 763

rushing leaders:

13 - 436 yards 8 td's
8 - 436 yards 9 td's
25 - 283 yards 4 td's

passing:
8 - 20-35 477 yards 5 td's 1 INT
3 - 2-4 47 yards 0 td's 0 INT

receiving:
21 - 8 rec 288 yards 4 td's
38 - 8 rec 153 yards 1 td
88 - 4 rec 61 yards 0 td's

as a team they have 3 players with 1 INT.
I'm not sure how this one will play out. I think its a toss up. This will be the first time since the Cabell Midland scrimmage that Russell has faced a team that is physically bigger and stronger than they are. If Russell comes out and plays with a different intensity level than they have that last few games then it should be a good game. If Russell comes looking like they are bored being there than SK will wipe up the field with them. I hope we see some fire this week because this is not an opponent that Russell can go into cruise control against.
Amen thats 100% true if they come out and lay down and not play ball they will get beat, cause SK is not a push over nor is any team from the North
Here is Simon Kenton's record so far this season.

2A Newport Central Catholic(1A runner-up 2006) 6-43 L
5A Dixie Heights 15-26 L
6A Connor 43-14 W
6A Ryle (4a runner-up 2006) 18-10 W
5A Holmes 38-13 W
6A Boone Co 3-41 L
I think the Devils come out fired up and ready for this one, I think theyve made vast improvements since the Greenup game on all fronts. I know all the players have been looking forward to this game all season.

Russell 42
SK- 14
Russell is an 10 point under- dog according to the Massey projection.

Here is the link to the site.

http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?tm=361784
DevilsWin Wrote:Russell is an 10 point under- dog according to the Massey projection.

Here is the link to the site.

http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?tm=361784

yes but that is also a machine spitting out those numbers
russell35
simon20
Yes, dundee is correct even though i am a player, when i see these predictions made by machines i just ignore it because it's not correct no one or no thing can predict how a team will play on an any given friday. we watched film on Simon today they looked decent it seems that they dont move people off of the ball and on defense they try to stale mate their oponent. All i half to say is we are going to be ready, were going to go all out move people and knock them down and show them how we play in eastern kentucky. It's going to be a dogfight for sure.
RedDevil_TE Wrote:Yes, dundee is correct even though i am a player, when i see these predictions made by machines i just ignore it because it's not correct no one or no thing can predict how a team will play on an any given friday. we watched film on Simon today they looked decent it seems that they dont move people off of the ball and on defense they try to stale mate their oponent. All i half to say is we are going to be ready, were going to go all out move people and knock them down and show them how we play in eastern kentucky. It's going to be a dogfight for sure.

Well I certainly hope the team comes out ready to play. There is no need in letting everyone march right down the field at the beginning of the game. I would think that if we let SK do that we may not be able to overcome it.

Look at Lewis. They come right out and marched down the field. Someone said in another thread that the reason it happened was the starting D was not in the game. Truth is Tyler Jones and David Bailey did not start. Those were the only 2. Tyler due to injury and Roark replaced Bailey because he has been putting in good effort and deserved a shot.

Time to step up and stop the movement down the field. If that happens I don't think there are many teams out there that can beat us.
RedDevil_TE Wrote:Yes, dundee is correct even though i am a player, when i see these predictions made by machines i just ignore it because it's not correct no one or no thing can predict how a team will play on an any given friday. we watched film on Simon today they looked decent it seems that they dont move people off of the ball and on defense they try to stale mate their oponent. All i half to say is we are going to be ready, were going to go all out move people and knock them down and show them how we play in eastern kentucky. It's going to be a dogfight for sure.
Now that's what I'm talking about! Go Git Some Red Devil! Defend THE R!

You are absolutely correct about a teams ability to over come the odds. However, I think this projection system is around 78% accurate with a small margin of error on point differential.

I also believe that while the rating systems take into account home field advantage. Playing at Russell is exceptional.

At Henry R. Evans Stadium on Ivan McGlone Field nothing rings out like Rocky Lane on the PA from the Logan Perry Press Box saying TOUCHDOWN!!!! RED DEVILS!!!!! Followed by A 6 foot FIRE BREATHING DEVIL over top the scoreboard and a ear piercing train whistle.

IT IS NOT A FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT FOR VISITING TEAMS. The stands be almost full on the home side.

Prepare to be taken to the ole Flatwoods woodshed.

THE HANK IS THE X FACTOR!

GO DEVILS!!!:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam :devilflam