Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 17 Hazard 0
Dawgs keep it interesting. Pikeville defense continues to dominate.
Congrats Panthers .
Pure Bloodbath. Ahahahahahhaha
No bloodbath like I thought it would be.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Cough Cough…. Told ya JP…..I’ll take my money in 1’s…..Panthers gotta a ton of work to do or they’ll be home Rd 2 again.
Hazard a top 3 team in Single A
Way to go Panthers!
This is the most surprising score of the season to me. We played both teams and Pikeville seemed like 100 points better
(10-22-2021, 11:13 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Cough Cough…. Told ya JP…..I’ll take my money in 1’s…..Panthers gotta a ton of work to do or they’ll be home Rd 2 again.
Hazard a top 3 team in Single A

Sounds like you are trying to give jet a lap dance.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
Hazard's defense kept this game interesting. Pikeville's defense held Hazard's run game in check. Great district match-up. In order for Hazard to get over the hump, they must find a way to score. Had two opportunities to score. Once early in the game and then late.
That just doesn’t bode well for Pikeville.  No way that game should’ve been that close.
If you live to be 100 you will see pretty much everything on Earth but one thing you will never ever see is anyone from Pikeville thumping their chest over getting shut out on their home field...
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • BoondockSaint
A shutout on the road over your main district competition is never a bad thing. I would rather be fine-tuning my offense late in the season than trying to fix the defense. Hazard will need to do both to upset Pikeville on the road in the playoffs.
[-] The following 3 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Big Five-0-, BlackcatAlum, jetpilot
Congratulations Pikeville!
Hazard is a good team, I was impressed with their QB...heck of a athlete and a great punter to boot. Hazard's defense played very good football all night, they kept the Dogs in the game.

Pikeville's defense was outstanding, the offense was pretty disappointing though...the play calling was very vanilla for my taste and it's not the first time this season.

I know the WYMT crew mentioned it but I also though Hazard got 5 downs in the 4th quarter after they had it 1st and goal...maybe I got confused but I was thinking the officials were a down off before YMT mentioned it.
^^^Pikeville offense needs some fine tuning but they will be fine...but their defense will completely shut down any Class A offense.
Edit: In response to Hoot. Hope to see Pikeville and Johnson Central at Kroger.
  • Hoot Gibson
This was a very tough hard hitting game. Love seeing these kids show class and respect for one another when out there battling against one another. Hoping to see this rematch if it happens again..
[-] The following 2 users Like bac2369's post:
  • jetpilot, PHSFAN
(10-23-2021, 12:11 AM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Pikeville offense needs some fine tuning but they will be fine...but their defense will completely shut down any Class A offense.
Defense wins championships, and I don't think anybody will play close to Pikeville in the playoffs. I found it disturbing that the guy wants you to put dollar bills in his belt.
(10-23-2021, 12:22 AM)bac2369 Wrote: This was a very tough hard hitting game. Love seeing these kids show class and respect for one another when out there battling against one another. Hoping to see this rematch if it happens again..
Yes I love it when the kids genuinely like and respect each other. That's what it's all about. The kids on both sides are awesome.
(10-23-2021, 12:34 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 12:11 AM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Pikeville offense needs some fine tuning but they will be fine...but their defense will completely shut down any Class A offense.
Defense wins championships, and I don't think anybody will play close to Pikeville in the playoffs. I found it disturbing that the guy wants you to put dollar bills in his belt.
If you mean Micro Brew we are on the same page. Come to Pikeville for the rematch dougie.
  • pjdoug
Congratulations to Pikeville but like everyone else has already said the defense won this game. The offense has a lot of work to do. Blake Birchfield is one heck of a back but if he has to make people miss in the backfield when he gets the hand off someone is not doing their job on the line of scrimmage or the defense is bring more than they can block. Looks like something has to change. Just like the LCA and Madison Central game they were hitting him 3 yards in the backfield. Also in these 3 games are passing game was just about non existent except the Madison Central game in the 2nd half. Pikeville definitely needs to work on some things on that side of the ball. That got the tools they just need to work on them but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • jetpilot
(10-23-2021, 12:44 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 12:34 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
If you mean Micro Brew we are on the same page. Come to Pikeville for the rematch dougie.

I never doubted you are on the same page. lol. it's time for a little sleep Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • jetpilot
(10-23-2021, 12:40 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 12:22 AM)bac2369 Wrote: This was a very tough hard hitting game. Love seeing these kids show class and respect for one another when out there battling against one another. Hoping to see this rematch if it happens again..
Yes I love it when the kids genuinely like and respect each other. That's what it's all about. The kids on both sides are awesome.

You usually don’t see that kind of stuff much now days in especially such a rivalry game.
[-] The following 2 users Like bac2369's post:
  • jetpilot, Patriot1
How many carries did Birchfield have? 60? The kids taking a dang beaten. Seems like they only threw the ball 7-8 times.
(10-23-2021, 01:09 AM)bac2369 Wrote: How many carries did Birchfield have? 60? The kids taking a dang beaten. Seems like they only threw the ball 7-8 times.

He’s averaged around 20+ a game and Pikeville has played some physical teams this year. Wouldn’t be surprised if they sat him next week to just let him rest for the playoffs.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(10-23-2021, 01:15 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 01:09 AM)bac2369 Wrote: How many carries did Birchfield have? 60? The kids taking a dang beaten. Seems like they only threw the ball 7-8 times.

He’s averaged around 20+ a game and Pikeville has played some physical teams this year. Wouldn’t be surprised if they sat him next week to just let him rest for the playoffs.
Better not set him, they would have no offense then

He ended up with 32 carries
#BBFL
(10-23-2021, 01:43 AM)Spud6 Wrote:

How much yardage? Had to be over 150.
(10-23-2021, 02:28 AM)bac2369 Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 01:43 AM)Spud6 Wrote:

How much yardage? Had to be over 150.
Radio said close to 200. How many did Johnson get? I hope Pikeville play calling improves, they have a lot of weapons. I think they are staying vanilla until deep in the playoffs.
But again Pikeville D is capable of hanging a 0 on anyone in Class A.
This is pass interference at Hazard lol

https://twitter.com/luce2th29/status/145...0607067140