Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
52.00%
Frederick Douglass
48.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Boyle County @ Frederick Douglass 10/29
(10-26-2021, 01:36 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: I’ve been hearing for the last 2 decades that Boyle isn’t Big enough, Strong enough, Fast enough or Skilled enough to win but after 11 State Title appearances and 9 State Championships later they keep on winning and proving the doubters wrong.
Ohhhhh but you forgot about a close district game vs Lex Cath weeks ago so all that goes out the window. Cause god forbid if you or us don’t beat every single team by 50. Hęll JC let LCC score 12 on them. So I guess we’ll go down to the next team in line which just happens to be Lex cath hahahahaha.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Is you compare skill of course FDU has the big names that everyone hears on a regular basis. However, their 7 v 7 came down to the last play at EKU and from what I understand Lantern did not play in the game. Lantern is a difference maker period. As for line play...I will take Boyle's O line over anyone in the state. Big, physical, fast, well coached and nasty between the whistles. In the past FDU has been known for their O line play mostly due to LCA transfers Parks and Burton...those guys are gone now so I give the edge to BC on the O line. D line...I think FDU has one of the best edge guys in Davis but BC has a DT that have multiple D1 offers too. BC struggled with LCA's heavy run attack early in the season but I think they have made some adjustments and changes in personnel. I really think this game can go either direction but I am going with BC in a close one...
Douglass decided to just go in today at tomorrow and practice at 6:00am before school rather than than try to find some place to go practice on.
(10-27-2021, 11:57 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Douglass decided to just go in today at tomorrow and practice at 6:00am before school rather than than try to find some place to go practice on.
Good part about that, is that they are home early and can rest up. Some seniors even leave around 11:30ish after their 2nd class and be done for the day instead of coming back for a 3:30 practice. Oh BTW I did picked Douglass lol. I told you, most of the time I pick Lexington public and private schools to win.
(10-27-2021, 11:56 AM)Tigerallamerican Wrote: Is you compare skill of course FDU has the big names that everyone hears on a regular basis. However, their 7 v 7 came down to the last play at EKU and from what I understand Lantern did not play in the game. Lantern is a difference maker period. As for line play...I will take Boyle's O line over anyone in the state. Big, physical, fast, well coached and nasty between the whistles. In the past FDU has been known for their O line play mostly due to LCA transfers Parks and Burton...those guys are gone now so I give the edge to BC on the O line. D line...I think FDU has one of the best edge guys in Davis but BC has a DT that have multiple D1 offers too. BC struggled with LCA's heavy run attack early in the season but I think they have made some adjustments and changes in personnel. I really think this game can go either direction but I am going with BC in a close one...
Not sure why folks even bring up 7 v 7 its not even real football its a game of 2 hand touch. My son played on a team that one year won both UK and UL 7 v7 tournament. Finished the season 4-7. Waste of time to me unless just want to have some fun.
(10-26-2021, 02:54 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 01:36 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: I’ve been hearing for the last 2 decades that Boyle isn’t Big enough, Strong enough, Fast enough or Skilled enough to win but after 11 State Title appearances and 9 State Championships later they keep on winning and proving the doubters wrong.

Hard to beat fundamentally sound teams :)

Techniques and fundamentals are a huge part of having a good football team and a state championship caliber program, I’ve seen Boyle play and beat a lot of bigger, faster and more talented teams over the years simply because they were fundamentally sound and didn’t beat themselves, having a state championship caliber program is way more than size, speed and talent it’s also mental Boyle not only believes that they can play with and beat any team in the state they except it because that’s what they’ve been taught since the 3rd grade it’s a way of life here in Boyle county and it’s hard to overcome for most teams they play!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • pjdoug
(10-27-2021, 02:48 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:

Hard to beat fundamentally sound teams Smile

Techniques and fundamentals are a huge part of having a good football team and a state championship caliber program, I’ve seen Boyle play and beat a lot of bigger, faster and more talented teams over the years simply because they were fundamentally sound and didn’t beat themselves, having a state championship caliber program is way more than size, speed and talent it’s also mental Boyle not only believes that they can play with and beat any team in the state they except it because that’s what they’ve been taught since the 3rd grade it’s a way of life here in Boyle county and it’s hard to overcome for most teams they play!
Name one program that is like you said bigger, faster and more talented that they have beaten?
Boyle is talented and much more athletic than they are given credit. They are the only team to compete with LCA which is in my opinion the best team in Kentucky HS football outside of Louisville (Male).

That said LCA didn't play FD this year, and FD hasn't been blowing out the teams they usually do, so either Mcpeek is getting soft or this game will be much closer than some think.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HSFOOTBALL's post:
  • Tigerallamerican
(10-27-2021, 01:01 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(10-27-2021, 11:56 AM)Tigerallamerican Wrote: Is you compare skill of course FDU has the big names that everyone hears on a regular basis. However, their 7 v 7 came down to the last play at EKU and from what I understand Lantern did not play in the game. Lantern is a difference maker period. As for line play...I will take Boyle's O line over anyone in the state. Big, physical, fast, well coached and nasty between the whistles. In the past FDU has been known for their O line play mostly due to LCA transfers Parks and Burton...those guys are gone now so I give the edge to BC on the O line. D line...I think FDU has one of the best edge guys in Davis but BC has a DT that have multiple D1 offers too. BC struggled with LCA's heavy run attack early in the season but I think they have made some adjustments and changes in personnel. I really think this game can go either direction but I am going with BC in a close one...
Not sure why folks even bring up 7 v 7 its not even real football its a game of 2 hand touch. My son played on a team that one year won both UK and UL 7 v7 tournament. Finished the season 4-7. Waste of time to me unless just want to have some fun.

So being able to sync your offense and have your secondary work on coverages is a waste of time? I think we agree to disagree on this one  Wink

That's exactly right and well said. if a team knows they are going to win when they come to play, and they rarely make mistakes, They usually do win. You have to play your best and beat them, because they are not going to "give" you anything.
(10-27-2021, 12:07 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 11:00 AM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: When I was a casual reader of post here, there use to be a dude name "FoSho" who talked big about Boyle. Did he move on or became a casual reader like I was? I would love to read his prediction and comment on this game. Someone call him up.
…………..

I'm sure nobody can read between the lines from the mysterious poster. lol
Boyle lost to LCA and I think Douglass is the best team so I’m going to go With Douglass here.

FD 49
Boyle 28
(10-27-2021, 03:02 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:

Hard to beat fundamentally sound teams :)

Name one program that is like you said bigger, faster and more talented that they have beaten?

I recall some Hopkinsville, Paducah Tillman, and Louisville Central teams over the years that fit in this category!!!
  • A Tribe Called Quest
(10-27-2021, 07:59 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(10-27-2021, 03:02 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:

I recall some Hopkinsville, Paducah Tillman, and Louisville Central teams over the years that fit in this category!!!
STOP IT! Respectfully to those program, non of which were all 3 (size, speed and talent) at the same time... but yeah you're right, great attitudes and coaching beats talent for most of the time and BC does have those.
(10-27-2021, 04:38 PM)Tigerallamerican Wrote:

So being able to sync your offense and have your secondary work on coverages is a waste of time? I think we agree to disagree on this one  Wink
Not sure how you sync your Offense without any linemen or pass rush and the Defense knows you are going to pass 100% of the time, but that's just me
(10-28-2021, 10:22 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(10-27-2021, 04:38 PM)Tigerallamerican Wrote:

Not sure how you sync your Offense without any linemen or pass rush and the Defense knows you are going to pass 100% of the time, but that's just me

Gotta agree with Bull on this one ... 7v7 is just a fun competitive way to install route combo's and work different coverages.  It is not indicative of any kind of season success.  First and most importantly the game of football is won and loss in the trenches, but other than that there is no Chess match, one team is going to throw and the other team is going to drop 7 into coverage.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HSFOOTBALL's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
(10-28-2021, 09:25 AM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 02:54 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Hard to beat fundamentally sound teams :)

STOP IT! Respectfully to those program, non of which were all 3 (size, speed and talent) at the same time... but yeah you're right, great attitudes and coaching beats talent for most of the time and BC does have those.

I don’t recall saying anything about all 3 at the same time was just reflecting back over the years at how different people at different times doubted Boyle, and I’m not going to argue over my post I spoke the truth and don’t feel that I have to justify it to you or anyone else if you’re looking for a argument move along I don’t have time for it!
(10-28-2021, 12:58 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 09:25 AM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:
(10-27-2021, 02:48 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Techniques and fundamentals are a huge part of having a good football team and a state championship caliber program, I’ve seen Boyle play and beat a lot of bigger, faster and more talented teams over the years simply because they were fundamentally sound and didn’t beat themselves, having a state championship caliber program is way more than size, speed and talent it’s also mental Boyle not only believes that they can play with and beat any team in the state they except it because that’s what they’ve been taught since the 3rd grade it’s a way of life here in Boyle county and it’s hard to overcome for most teams they play!

I don’t recall saying anything about all 3 at the same time was just reflecting back over the years at how different people at different times doubted Boyle, and I’m not going to argue over my post I spoke the truth and don’t feel that I have to justify it to you or anyone else if you’re looking for a argument move along I don’t have time for it!

I’ll be honest Jack if Hester was still there I would definitely say that Boyle Co could beat FD, I’m not saying your new DC can’t get it done but he’s not earned his bones just yet.  And I’m still not saying Boyle can’t win this one but it’ll say a lot if they keep points off the board and do end up winning.  Good luck regardless and safe travels…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Jack Lambert
I agree with you completely, I wish Hester was still there myself.
  • TD Hounds
(10-27-2021, 12:33 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:
(10-27-2021, 11:57 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Douglass decided to just go in today at tomorrow and practice at 6:00am before school rather than than try to find some place to go practice on.
Good part about that, is that they are home early and can rest up. Some seniors even leave around 11:30ish after their 2nd class and be done for the day instead of coming back for a 3:30 practice. Oh BTW I did picked Douglass lol. I told you, most of the time I pick Lexington public and private schools to win.
Why do they only have two classes?
I initially picked FD to win, but after looking at their schedule I feel like they have not been challenged and I like Boyle in this one
(10-28-2021, 12:58 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 09:25 AM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:
(10-27-2021, 02:48 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Techniques and fundamentals are a huge part of having a good football team and a state championship caliber program, I’ve seen Boyle play and beat a lot of bigger, faster and more talented teams over the years simply because they were fundamentally sound and didn’t beat themselves, having a state championship caliber program is way more than size, speed and talent it’s also mental Boyle not only believes that they can play with and beat any team in the state they except it because that’s what they’ve been taught since the 3rd grade it’s a way of life here in Boyle county and it’s hard to overcome for most teams they play!

You are one of the best on here for shor.
Fo Shoooooooooooooooooooooooo Sick
(10-28-2021, 07:43 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Fo Shoooooooooooooooooooooooo Sick

I told that weasel that a certain receiver should stay at Kentucky instead of going to play in a cornfield. You see where he's at now, don't you?
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(10-28-2021, 07:49 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

I told that weasel that a certain receiver should stay at Kentucky instead of going to play in a cornfield. You see where he's at now, don't you?
I'm glad that wide reciever came back to KENTUCKY. I remember reading FOSHO's stuff. He's probably arguing to himself in the mirror.  Big Grin Over this Boyle/Douglass matchup. Saying Who you with over and over lol.
(10-28-2021, 07:57 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 07:49 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

I'm glad that wide reciever came back to KENTUCKY. I remember reading FOSHO's stuff. He's probably arguing to himself in the mirror.  Big Grin Over this Boyle/Douglass matchup. Saying Who you with over and over lol.

That's funny. lol. I think FoSho escaped from the nervous hospital.
Does the rain give one of these teams a advantage?
(10-28-2021, 08:06 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Does the rain give one of these teams a advantage?

I'm not sure that it does, since both have a well-balanced offense and a good defense. Boyle County has played a tougher schedule though I think.