Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
52.00%
Frederick Douglass
48.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Boyle County @ Frederick Douglass 10/29
Boyle County vs Frederick Douglass 10/29

Boyle County (8-1)
Aug 21, 21 Tates Creek at Mercer County (W) 31 - 6 Click Little Caesars Ft. Harrod Bowl 
Aug 28, 21 Lexington Christian home (L) 28 - 35 Click Rebel Bowl Sponsored by Whitaker Bank 
Sep 3, 21 Pulaski County home (W) 60 - 29  
Sep 10, 21 Henderson County away (W) 48 - 14 
Sep 17, 21 Bowling Green home (W) 31 - 0 
Sep 24, 21 North Hardin away (W) 49 - 6 
Oct 1, 21 Open 0 - 0
Oct 8, 21 Lexington Catholic home (W) 16 - 10 
Oct 15, 21 Anderson County away (W) 56 - 0 
Oct 22, 21 Bourbon County home (W) 49 - 12 

Frederick Douglass (9-0)
Aug 20, 21 Bryan Station away (W) 27 - 14 
Aug 27, 21 Tates Creek home (W) 51 - 0 
Sep 3, 21 Lafayette away (W) 50 - 0 
Sep 10, 21 Paul Laurence Dunbar away (W) 56 - 13 
Sep 17, 21 Henry Clay home (W) 1 - 0 - COVID Cancelation 
Sep 24, 21 Scott County home (W) 35 - 0 
Sep 30, 21 Grant County away (W) 1 - 0 - COVID Cancelation 
Oct 8, 21 Open 0 - 0 no
Oct 15, 21 Great Crossing home (W) 38 - 7 
Oct 22, 21 Montgomery County away (W) 54 - 7 

Boyle County ranked #2 in Class 4A and Frederick Douglass ranked #1 in Class 5A. 

*Upset Alert* But for which team?
Crickets...............................  Woah
Boyle has played a tough schedule FDU has not...as for being prepared for this game I'm going with Boyle. However, Boyle struggles on defense when their opponent has multiple offensive weapons which FDU definitely has. Should be an interesting game and can confirm a lot (either way) about FDU. Great end of season game for Boyle to get them prepared for a long playoff run.
Pulling for Coach Haddix Boyle County team………………but in a shootout

Frederick Douglass 42
Boyle County 31
Boyle 31-21.

(10-24-2021, 07:16 PM)Tigerallamerican Wrote: Boyle has played a tough schedule FDU has not...as for being prepared for this game I'm going with Boyle. However, Boyle struggles on defense when their opponent has multiple offensive weapons which FDU definitely has. Should be an interesting game and can confirm a lot (either way) about FDU. Great end of season game for Boyle to get them prepared for a long playoff run.

Who has Boyle struggled with on defense this Season other than LCA?
Saw these two play 7on7 back during the eku tournament and FD won... That being said, everything is different when you put the pads on and add in the big boys up front... Because of the hogs, I say Boyle by 10!

Boyle 31
FD 21
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlueRaider's post:
  • Tigerallamerican
im rolling with boyle in this 1
I'll pick Boyle to win but I don't know what to expect in this one. I know both teams are really good.
Looking at the weather forecast for this Friday it does not look good I wish it would be a perfect night. It has to be one of the best last regular season contest in the state and will prepare the teams for the post season. I'm going with Douglass 31-18.
Boyle-20
FD-14
FD 42 BC 24

Boyle does not have the athletes or physicality to match up (all due respect not many teams do)
Boyle definitely has the physicality. FD may very well win the game but they'll know they were in a war the next morning.
Douglass 28-21. This one is hard to pick.
A great matchup for both teams heading into the playoffs. I'm going to give a slight nod to Boyle. 31-28 Boyle.
(10-24-2021, 07:47 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Boyle 31-21.

(10-24-2021, 07:16 PM)Tigerallamerican Wrote: Boyle has played a tough schedule FDU has not...as for being prepared for this game I'm going with Boyle. However, Boyle struggles on defense when their opponent has multiple offensive weapons which FDU definitely has. Should be an interesting game and can confirm a lot (either way) about FDU. Great end of season game for Boyle to get them prepared for a long playoff run.

Who has Boyle struggled with on defense this  Season other than LCA?
You all barely beat Lex Cath and they don't have nothing close to what Douglass have as far as athletes, speed and quickness... And Douglass has a lot more than what LCA had.

Do Boyle even have enough to cover or match up with FD's athletes? I know BC has played a tougher schedule, but have they seen the type of speed, quickness and athleticism on an opponent this season? Some may say LCA, LCA is "one trick" pony in X. Brown, maybe 1 and half with Moore lol.
Douglass- 28
BC- 20
I would like to see Boyle Co. pull this one off but I think Douglass is a bit too much this year.
Douglass- 31
Boyle Co.- 21
When I was a casual reader of post here, there use to be a dude name "FoSho" who talked big about Boyle. Did he move on or became a casual reader like I was? I would love to read his prediction and comment on this game. Someone call him up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes A Tribe Called Quest's post:
  • Jack Lambert
I’m taking Douglass in a clash of talent on talent. If I lived in Central KY, I’d be there.

Douglass 34, Boyle 31.
(10-24-2021, 07:21 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Boyle County vs Frederick Douglass 10/29

Boyle County (8-1)
Aug 21, 21 Tates Creek at Mercer County (W) 31 - 6 Click Little Caesars Ft. Harrod Bowl 
Aug 28, 21 Lexington Christian home (L) 28 - 35 Click Rebel Bowl Sponsored by Whitaker Bank 
Sep 3, 21 Pulaski County home (W) 60 - 29  
Sep 10, 21 Henderson County away (W) 48 - 14 
Sep 17, 21 Bowling Green home (W) 31 - 0 
Sep 24, 21 North Hardin away (W) 49 - 6 
Oct 1, 21 Open 0 - 0
Oct 8, 21 Lexington Catholic home (W) 16 - 10 
Oct 15, 21 Anderson County away (W) 56 - 0 
Oct 22, 21 Bourbon County home (W) 49 - 12 

Frederick Douglass (9-0)
Aug 20, 21 Bryan Station away (W) 27 - 14 
Aug 27, 21 Tates Creek home (W) 51 - 0 
Sep 3, 21 Lafayette away (W) 50 - 0 
Sep 10, 21 Paul Laurence Dunbar away (W) 56 - 13 
Sep 17, 21 Henry Clay home (W) 1 - 0 - COVID Cancelation 
Sep 24, 21 Scott County home (W) 35 - 0 
Sep 30, 21 Grant County away (W) 1 - 0 - COVID Cancelation 
Oct 8, 21 Open 0 - 0 no
Oct 15, 21 Great Crossing home (W) 38 - 7 
Oct 22, 21 Montgomery County away (W) 54 - 7 

Boyle County ranked #2 in Class 4A and Frederick Douglass ranked #1 in Class 5A. 

*Upset Alert* But for which team?
My take having seen both play. Talent wise it's not even close. If and when FD loses a game it will be because of there Offense, there oline just isn't dominate like in years past, but they are well coached. They just rely on there kids to out athlete other teams, and with Boyle's kicker, they are going to make FD go on some long drives.  FD defense is unreal(will hurt them some if 96 is still out), but with Boyles QB and Haddix play calling I think they can move the ball some. Have to say FD will win, but FD hasn't played ANYONE for about a month. Scott Co. Def. played them tough for about 2 and half Q, but had zero success moving the ball. Boyle has a great chance of beating them because of there QB- FD24- Boyle-17
"IN MY OPINON"

I'm going to chime in on this game. I'm going to start with last years LCA vs Frederick Douglass hype game in Lexington. Freddy D. ran LCA out of Lexington by a score of 40-6. Of course this is a new year. LCA loaded up and brought the house to Boyle County at Rebel stadium and without some of their firepower and pulled off a big win over Boyle County. Boyle needed some correction on defense after that loss and bam has corrected and been a blast to watch every since. Frederick Douglass no doubt has had talent and has talent. Its not if but when will they get there 1st Championship. With the talent coming, it is bound to happen and maybe this year. I think Frederick Doulgass has only lost 2 games since being a program at home. With that said, all eyes in the state will be watching this game come Friday. 

Now to me this is a hard game to try to choose a winner. I look at the fact of how strong Freddy D is at home. I also look at the fact of how good Boyle is anywhere period. Bigtime players and coaches rise up in big time games. I have read and heard some good commentary on this game. Good points, strengths and weeknesses for both team. I'm going to say it will be like watching a state championship game and will come down to turnovers and big breakaway plays. I see the hunger in both programs and these are the types of games that are remembered for a lifetime. This game only helps prepare both teams for the playoff runs that each team is about to make in there respected class. 

Good luck to both programs and I plan on watching this one at home on a laptop the next day after our game.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 16BBall Fan, Granny Bear
FD is a really good football team and Boyle will have to play a really good game to win this Friday. Just not much room for error this week. Boyle didn't really play well in their first game against Tates Creek. They won big but they didn't play well. They also didn't play well against LexCath the although I don't think LC is on Boyle level, they are good enough to take advantage of a team playing poorly. Boyle had a really good game against Bowling Green. They also played really well against Henderson Co. If they play as well this Friday I think they have a good chance of winning. If they play like they did against LexCath I think they will lose. Two good teams means whoever makes they fewest mistakes will probably win. Turnovers, stupid penalties, dropped passes and the like. Hope everyone stays healthy for their playoff run.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!
(10-25-2021, 11:00 AM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: When I was a casual reader of post here, there use to be a dude name "FoSho" who talked big about Boyle. Did he move on or became a casual reader like I was? I would love to read his prediction and comment on this game. Someone call him up.
He cried a river and row row rowed down the stream, merrily,merrily,merrily,merrily into your dreams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Hound05
(10-25-2021, 12:47 PM)Brutus Wrote: I’m taking Douglass in a clash of talent on talent. If I lived in Central KY, I’d be there.

Douglass 34, Boyle 31.
If Boyle scores more than 2tds on FD, mail them the 4A State Title. I'm not convinced Boyle could beat Bryan Station or Scott Co.(as of know) that FD handled pretty easy seen all 4 teams play. Boyle QB and kicker will be the difference if they have any shot.  Changing my prediction FD27- Boyle10
I’ve been hearing for the last 2 decades that Boyle isn’t Big enough, Strong enough, Fast enough or Skilled enough to win but after 11 State Title appearances and 9 State Championships later they keep on winning and proving the doubters wrong.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear, pjdoug, Tigerallamerican
(10-26-2021, 01:36 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: I’ve been hearing for the last 2 decades that Boyle isn’t Big enough, Strong enough, Fast enough or Skilled enough to win but after 11 State Title appearances and 9 State Championships later they keep on winning and proving the doubters wrong.
Agree but wasn't those titles in 3A and 4A? Not saying they can't win but even though this is the most vulnerable Douglas team in a few years in my opinion. This is still probably the most talented team they have faced. Just to be clear I hope Boyle blows them out.
(10-26-2021, 01:36 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: I’ve been hearing for the last 2 decades that Boyle isn’t Big enough, Strong enough, Fast enough or Skilled enough to win but after 11 State Title appearances and 9 State Championships later they keep on winning and proving the doubters wrong.

Hard to beat fundamentally sound teams Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Jack Lambert
I believe I will go to this one.
One thing that is somewhat a minor distraction in that after today they will not be able to practice at the field tomorrow or Thursday due to the KHSAA hosting the boys and girls state soccer semifinals at Douglass as well as both finals on Saturday.
(10-26-2021, 04:26 PM)64SUR Wrote: I believe I will go to this one.

Do you have your eye on a recruit?
(10-25-2021, 11:00 AM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: When I was a casual reader of post here, there use to be a dude name "FoSho" who talked big about Boyle. Did he move on or became a casual reader like I was? I would love to read his prediction and comment on this game. Someone call him up.
…………..