Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Schools Most Historic Football Moment
What is some of evryones best historic moments
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
probally the regular season game between us and sheldon clark last year when we went into overtime and prestonsburg scored off a qb keep to win
Our school has a bad football program the only thing exciting that has happened in the last 8 years was a HUGE fight @ North Laural a couple years back. Still here people talking about it around here. Really the only thing you hear about our football program, and going 3-10 every season.
Your right screwball....
State championship in 05 and having a son playing on the team.
since i've been in high school a few things have happend us beating pburg by one point at home thanks to dials beating lesile county in the playoffs and beating belfry last year but im sure there is many more things that ppl can come up with from my school
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yes, many more things will happen at SC. Good luck @ the rock.
The 1st touchdown of LCC scored by Jonathon Tucker.
Being there to watch Russell win State Football Championship 2005 @ Papa Johns.
It made me feel proud to be a Red Devil.(Once a Devil, always a Devil)
The one's that come to mind for Belfry while I have been watching them:
- Defeating then #1 ranked Highlands in the Pike County Bowl back in the early 90's in a romp.
- Ending Pikeville's Winning Streak, the second longest in state history.
- Last second TD pass to defeat the Pikeville team led by Brent Coleman and Eddie Duramus 7-6.
- TD pass in the final minute to defeat Bell County 7-0 on the road and set up a rematch with Tim Couch in the regional finals.
- Defeating Ironton, Ohio for the first and only time, the Fighting Tigers went on to be State Runner-Up that season.
-Chris Varney's INT to secure the Pirate's State Title against Owensboro Catholic.

The All-Time Crowning Moment:
-David Jones spinning into the endzone on 4th and Goal in OT for the Pirate's 1st State Title

Negative moments:

- Being the team that Tim Couch set the national passing yardage record on, when it occured Belfry led 14-0 and had all the momentum, then after the lengthy break Leslie County came back to win the game.
- State Semi-Finals at Fort Thomas Highlands, the QB keeper from the 1 yard line is snuffed out and Belfry is denied a trip to Cardinal Stadium.
- The second half sleepwalk that resulted in Sheldon Clark defeating Belfry last season.
- 2005 State Semi's at Russell, trailing 20-14 the Pirate's pass into the endzone is intercepted by Kasey Clark ending their comeback bid and hope of a 3-peat.
- The controversial last second TD pass from Allen Sperry and Breathitt County on the road.4th down and the receiver appeared to blatantly be juggling the ball as he went out of bounds, officials ruled it a TD and Breathitt was victorious.

My all-time negative memory:
- Moe Spradlin of Sheldon Clark crawling into the endzone (literally) in the Regional Finals on the game winning 2 point conversion to pull the shocking upset (Belfry ahd defeated SC by 3 TD's earlier that season). Thus denying Belfry a date with that legendary Highlands team led by Lorenzan and Derek Smith at Death Valley.
I would think that Lawrence Co most memorable moment would have to be when we ended Bretthitt Co win streak . That was one heck of a ball game .

I probable shouldn't have mention that seance we have to play them again in 3 weeks Sad
Russell has had so many historical moments over the years that it has played football, but the most recent might just be the 34 game win streak at 'THE HANK' .
[quote=Dawg Family][FONT=Helv][SIZE=2No doubt about that!!!
Prestonsburg

Probably the famous goal line stand at Danville in 93 to end Danville's win streak.
Loseing the First Game ever by 5 points to Shelby Valley
South Floyd hasn't been a football power, but in the late 1990's, the newly consolidated school scored a victory over Pikeville at home. It was the first time the Raiders had beaten them and only the second time that a team from Left Beaver Creek (Wheelwright High) had beaten the Panthers ever.

South Floyd has also finished as district runner's up twice in football under "the magistrate" Donnie Daniels and scored some nice wins over Hazard and Paintsville in the past. Hopefully, Donnie can keep the boys going in the right direction and get the school it's first playoff victory this year.
Beating Ashland at Ashland in the 1988 District Championship.
Belfry-
The OT Win in 2003 AA Championship, or the knee to seal the second one in 2004.
Somerset picked up there 600th win Friday against Jackson Co... This is the 100th season of Somerset football.
The record breaking game Doug Howard had at state in 2004...
Meaty Wrote:Somerset picked up there 600th win Friday against Jackson Co... This is the 100th season of Somerset football.
That is a huge accomplishment.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The one's that come to mind for Belfry while I have been watching them:
- Defeating then #1 ranked Highlands in the Pike County Bowl back in the early 90's in a romp.
- Ending Pikeville's Winning Streak, the second longest in state history.
- Last second TD pass to defeat the Pikeville team led by Brent Coleman and Eddie Duramus 7-6.
- TD pass in the final minute to defeat Bell County 7-0 on the road and set up a rematch with Tim Couch in the regional finals.
- Defeating Ironton, Ohio for the first and only time, the Fighting Tigers went on to be State Runner-Up that season.
-Chris Varney's INT to secure the Pirate's State Title against Owensboro Catholic.

The All-Time Crowning Moment:
-David Jones spinning into the endzone on 4th and Goal in OT for the Pirate's 1st State Title

Negative moments:

- Being the team that Tim Couch set the national passing yardage record on, when it occured Belfry led 14-0 and had all the momentum, then after the lengthy break Leslie County came back to win the game.
- State Semi-Finals at Fort Thomas Highlands, the QB keeper from the 1 yard line is snuffed out and Belfry is denied a trip to Cardinal Stadium.
- The second half sleepwalk that resulted in Sheldon Clark defeating Belfry last season.
- 2005 State Semi's at Russell, trailing 20-14 the Pirate's pass into the endzone is intercepted by Kasey Clark ending their comeback bid and hope of a 3-peat.
- The controversial last second TD pass from Allen Sperry and Breathitt County on the road.4th down and the receiver appeared to blatantly be juggling the ball as he went out of bounds, officials ruled it a TD and Breathitt was victorious.

My all-time negative memory:
- Moe Spradlin of Sheldon Clark crawling into the endzone (literally) in the Regional Finals on the game winning 2 point conversion to pull the shocking upset (Belfry ahd defeated SC by 3 TD's earlier that season). Thus denying Belfry a date with that legendary Highlands team led by Lorenzan and Derek Smith at Death Valley.

I'd probably add the Belfry/Highlands state semi game...I believe it was '85....complete domination of Highlands...at Highlands....It was brutally cold that night.

1986---The famous Mud Bowl--Belfry vs. Danville --state semi game. Danville ranked #1 in state...All-State running back Jimmy Baughman....they had just beaten Highlands the week before...but rolled out of Death Valley with a 7-6 defeat.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I'd probably add the Belfry/Highlands state semi game...I believe it was '85....complete domination of Highlands...at Highlands....It was brutally cold that night.

1986---The famous Mud Bowl--Belfry vs. Danville --state semi game. Danville ranked #1 in state...All-State running back Jimmy Baughman....they had just beaten Highlands the week before...but rolled out of Death Valley with a 7-6 defeat.

You may be thinking of two different years in the semifinals...

Belfry dominated Newport in 85 in the semis, not Highlands. TongueirateSho
Belfry lost to HHS in 89 in the bitter cold game EKU listed. Sad

And that 1986 Danville/Belfry game you mention, is that a highlight or a lowlight? Wink
Buc-a-roo Wrote:You may be thinking of two different years in the semifinals...

And that 1986 Danville/Belfry game you mention, is that a highlight or a lowlight? Wink

Hmmmm, if i remember correctly it was a really rainy week or was it training day for the fire department. Big Grin Either way my fondest memory of that game was Devil Webb carrying admirals down the field on that last drive.
Also... When Michael Adams set a new state record with 12 PATs in one game at Neon vs Elkorn City.

EXTRA POINTS KICKING - Game (Min. 10)
12 Michael Adams (Fleming-Neon) vs. Elkhorn City, 2000
Buc-a-roo Wrote:You may be thinking of two different years in the semifinals...

It was Newport in 85... Boy...my memory is leaving me. Thanks for the correction.

The Mud Bowl is definitely a highlight.....albeit a muddy oneCool
The Pirates did run Highlands off the field in the Pike Co. Bowl one year.

I think it was around '89 or '90.

And although I was a part of a couple of EKUAlum's memorable moments,

My favorite Pirate day was 12-5-03!
Without a doubt..........12/5/03!!!! I still get teary eyed and chills at the same time just thinking about it. I'm in my office now looking at the poster on my wall of David with his arms out standing in the end zone. STATE CHAMPIONS BABY!!!!
As far as for my high school career...im only a Jr., but Id say my most memorable football moment and many others as well was beating pikeville 15-14 by a field goal in the 2nd round of the playoffs coming off a regular season loss 42-6. That stands out in my mind....
JCHS:
The day Coach Jim Matney accepted the job.