Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 21 Lawrence County 20 OT
Final
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congratulations to Raceland
Way to go Rams.
I believe this is a different game on a dry field. Rams came out and moved the ball at Will on their first drive. Three penalties and they got behind the sticks and turned it over on downs. It was the same for LC. After they went up 7-0 both teams got stuck in the mud. Missed tackles and bad play calls on both sides but the Rams hold on in OT. Best of luck to LC In the playoffs
Congratulations to the Rams , Good Luck in the Playoffs.
Slobber Knocker in a swamp! It was hard to stand up out there let alone play a football game.
(10-29-2021, 11:05 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I believe this is a different game on a dry field. Rams came out and moved the ball at Will on their first drive. Three penalties and they got behind the sticks and turned it over on downs. It was the same for LC. After they went up 7-0 both teams got stuck in the mud. Missed tackles and bad play calls on both sides but the Rams hold on in OT. Best of luck to LC In the playoffs

Did the Rams look like they can play with the big boys in the playoffs?
(10-29-2021, 11:42 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(10-29-2021, 11:05 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I believe this is a different game on a dry field. Rams came out and moved the ball at Will on their first drive. Three penalties and they got behind the sticks and turned it over on downs. It was the same for LC. After they went up 7-0 both teams got stuck in the mud. Missed tackles and bad play calls on both sides but the Rams hold on in OT. Best of luck to LC In the playoffs

There’s no big boys in the playoffs in class A ….there’s only Pikeville and no…..Rams have nothing for Pikeville
(10-30-2021, 12:00 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:

There’s no big boys in the playoffs in class A ….there’s only Pikeville and no…..Rams have nothing for Pikeville

I hoped they'd be physical enough this year to knock Hazard off and compete with Pikeville. I don't see anybody else beating Pikeville.
LC should have gone for 2 when they scored late in the 4th quarter. It’s not like their kicking game was automatic by any means and what do you have to lose? Plus I’m positive the analytics says go for 2 in that situation.
(10-30-2021, 12:35 AM)2000PHS Wrote: LC should have gone for 2 when they scored late in the 4th quarter. It’s not like their kicking game was automatic by any means and what do you have to lose? Plus I’m positive the analytics says go for 2 in that situation.

I agree with you on that. I like the young coach of my team going for two every time and kicking onside kicks because they have nothing to lose.
Excellent football game. I differ with the poster who thinks it would’ve been a different game on a dry field in this aspect: the Bulldogs have a very fast and solid defense and it was suited to the Rams’ scheme wet or dry.
Bottom line is the Rams made two more plays than the Bulldogs did and that won it for them.
I am sure most Dawgs fans will be pulling for Mike and the Rams in the postseason. I sure will.
Next week, the fun of postseason begins.
(10-30-2021, 12:47 AM)Brutus Wrote: Excellent football game. I differ with the poster who thinks it would’ve been a different game on a dry field in this aspect: the Bulldogs have a very fast and solid defense and it was suited to the Rams’ scheme wet or dry.
Bottom line is the Rams made two more plays than the Bulldogs did and that won it for them.
I am sure most Dawgs fans will be pulling for Mike and the Rams in the postseason. I sure will.
Next week, the fun of postseason begins.
I just meant it would’ve been a higher scoring game
It might have been, but my sense is both defenses were just very dialed in. Hats off to both those units, to Logan Lundy, and to Will Farley, who leveled a defender for Lundy to score. And of course, Ison for nailing the kick.

Good luck, Rams and fans. Hope you win it.
I picked the Bulldogs to win this game in a close one but not at all surprised it was the other way around. Congrats to the Rams and good luck to both teams in the playoffs.
So much for Raceland being head and shoulders better than Lawrence. I thought this was a great game with two evenly matched teams. It was fun to watch!
(10-30-2021, 10:39 AM)Slic Ric Wrote: https://www.dailyindependent.com/sports/...bdf45.html

Woooooooo!
(10-30-2021, 12:00 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:

I have a feeling you may be wrong RAM. We’ll have to see how it plays out.
Congrats to the Rams. This was a fun game to watch and it was good to see this team be tough and pull out a hard fought win right before the playoffs.
(10-30-2021, 12:06 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: Congrats to the Rams.  This was a fun game to watch and it was good to see this team be tough and pull out a hard fought win right before the playoffs.

Go Rams!