Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern 26 Madison Central 0
Final from Somerset. The Warriors played a very physical game up front on both sides of the ball and shutout the Indians.  Southwestern finishes the regular season 9-1 while Madison Central end up at 7-3.  

Southwestern will host Whitley County in the first round of the playoffs, while Madison Central will host Oldham County.
Way to go Warriors!
(10-29-2021, 10:48 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote: Final from Somerset. The Warriors played a very physical game up front on both sides of the ball and shutout the Indians.  Southwestern finishes the regular season 9-1 while Madison Central end up at 7-3.  

Southwestern will host Whitley County in the first round of the playoffs, while Madison Central will host Oldham County.

I think this Southwestern team can go far with that tough defense and physical play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Walt Longmire
Win doesn’t surprise me. Margin of victory does. Southwestern will be a tough out for whomever they face in the playoffs.
(10-30-2021, 12:26 AM)GreyStoke Wrote: Win doesn’t surprise me. Margin of victory does. Southwestern will be a tough out for whomever they face in the playoffs.

I agree, This is an impressive win against a good team. I can see Southwestern making it to the carpet at Kroger Field if they continue to play like they are right now.
Wow, nice win! Good luck in the playoffs, I hope Southwestern wins it all.

I don't know alot about 5A this year, can anyone tell me who the favorites are in this class? Owensboro? South Warren?Somebody else? Can the Warriors be a real threat?
I agree with all of the above posts. And yes, I think the Warriors are a real threat to ANY team they play from here on out.
(10-30-2021, 02:24 AM)#55PirateFan Wrote: Wow, nice win! Good luck in the playoffs, I hope Southwestern wins it all.

I don't know alot about 5A this year, can anyone tell me who the favorites are in this class? Owensboro? South Warren?Somebody else? Can the Warriors be a real threat?
CalPreps has South Warren, Frederick Douglas, and Woodford County listed as the top three teams in the class. Southwestern is ranked fifth. The final RPI numbers have the same top 5 teams listed, but in a different order. (Owensboro is listed #4 in CalPreps and #3 in RPI. Southwestern is ranked 5th by RPI.)
(10-30-2021, 06:32 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(10-30-2021, 02:24 AM)#55PirateFan Wrote: Wow, nice win! Good luck in the playoffs, I hope Southwestern wins it all.

CalPreps has South Warren, Frederick Douglas, and Woodford County listed as the top three teams in the class. Southwestern is ranked fifth. The final RPI numbers have the same top 5 teams listed, but in a different order. (Owensboro is listed #4 in CalPreps and #3 in RPI. Southwestern is ranked 5th by RPI.)
I knew that South Warren, Owensboro, and maybe Southwestern would be pretty high but I had no idea Woodford County was that good. I thought maybe Fredrick Douglas was down this year thats why I didn't mention. But thanks for the information my friend.

(10-30-2021, 02:46 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: I agree with all of the above posts. And yes, I think the Warriors are a real threat to ANY team they play from here on out.
It sure sounds like it. I hope they win it all. Good luck.
Missed this one. Thought MC would win a close one. Congrats SW, big win !
Serious question, how did Mercer Co. beat Southwestern? Not a knock on the Titans but Southwestern has played like a top 10 team overall in the state all season long minus that one game. For someone who hasn't kept up with them much and didn't watch that game, what happened?
I think Southwestern missed a field goal try to win the game. If my memory is right. I think I read that somewhere.
(10-30-2021, 05:46 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: Serious question, how did Mercer Co. beat Southwestern? Not a knock on the Titans but Southwestern has played like a top 10 team overall in the state all season long minus that one game. For someone who hasn't kept up with them much and didn't watch that game, what happened?

I'm not sure what happened to them in that game. but they've looked like a championship caliber team excluding that game.
(10-30-2021, 05:54 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I think Southwestern missed a field goal try to win the game. If my memory is right. I think I read that somewhere.

Right but I'm more wondering how it was not a blowout win in Southwestern's favor. Because comparing records and results of every game except that one you would think Southwestern would have been a heavy favorite, so what happened to them in that game?
(10-30-2021, 10:25 PM)RoShamBo Wrote:
(10-30-2021, 05:54 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I think Southwestern missed a field goal try to win the game. If my memory is right. I think I read that somewhere.

Right but I'm more wondering how it was not a blowout win in Southwestern's favor. Because comparing records and results of every game except that one you would think Southwestern would have been a heavy favorite, so what happened to them in that game?

I'm like you, I was wondering the same thing.

They went into the game with 6 starters out and lost 2 more during the game.  They had a freshman quarterback in the majority of the second half.  Even with that many out they still had a shot to win, and actually should have won without having to hit the field goal at the end.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Walt Longmire's post:
  • RoShamBo
(10-31-2021, 01:03 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote:

They went into the game with 6 starters out and lost 2 more during the game.  They had a freshman quarterback in the majority of the second half.  Even with that many out they still had a shot to win, and actually should have won without having to hit the field goal at the end.

I look for them to make a run in the playoffs.