Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic 41 Scott County 40
Final from Lexington.

Both teams went full bore all night.

1000+ yards of offense per the guys on PrepSpin.
Way to go Knights!
(10-29-2021, 11:56 PM)nemo Wrote: Final from Lexington.

Had to have been a fun one to watch.
I was hoping Scott County would win this one.
I bet this was a dandy. Congrats LexCath.
I watched this one and thought both teams played bad, sloppy games.

Heard Scott missed FG with 8 sec left, said one ref. Called it good but was waved off by 2 others.

In my opinion only team that can stop Boyle from repeating is Lex. Catholic. There only 2 losses are to Boyle by 6, and to LCA. Probably 2 of the top 5 teams in the state overall. Plus they no Boyle well because they play each other so much. A very young Scott team will bounce back next year, Great game.
(10-30-2021, 02:06 AM)sstack Wrote: I watched this one and thought both teams played bad, sloppy games.
Neither seemed to play much defense.
(10-30-2021, 10:16 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(10-30-2021, 02:06 AM)sstack Wrote: I watched this one and thought both teams played bad, sloppy games.

1st Qtr was an offensive free for all, 21 - 21. Things settled down a bit after that, but both teams suffered injuries during the game and either played younger kids or had to play kids out of position. Catholic played the 2nd half without its starting right side of its OL and SC had to play an OL at TE in the second half and played the entire game w/o its starting rb. Coach McKee looked out of sorts after the game. I have never seen him like that.
Man, sounds like a war that game does. I hate injuries. I hate it for both teams. Sounded like a thriller of a game.
(10-30-2021, 07:25 PM)Iggyfan Wrote:

1st Qtr was an offensive free for all, 21 - 21. Things settled down a bit after that, but both teams suffered injuries during the game and  either played younger kids or had to play kids out of position. Catholic played the 2nd half without its starting right side of its OL and SC had to play an OL at TE in the second half and played the entire game w/o its starting rb.  Coach McKee looked out of sorts after the game. I have never seen him like that.
Probably because he has never had a team this young with a Freshmen QB- lol Could easily be 8-2. I think they will win  a close one next week, and lose to FD. Lot of talent coming up.
(10-30-2021, 07:25 PM)Iggyfan Wrote:

1st Qtr was an offensive free for all, 21 - 21. Things settled down a bit after that, but both teams suffered injuries during the game and  either played younger kids or had to play kids out of position. Catholic played the 2nd half without its starting right side of its OL and SC had to play an OL at TE in the second half and played the entire game w/o its starting rb.  Coach McKee looked out of sorts after the game. I have never seen him like that.
I hate to hear about the injuries.