Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Phelps
16.67%
Pikeville
83.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phelps @ Pikeville 11/05
Phelps vs Pikeville 1st Round Playoffs

Phelps (3-8)
Aug 20, 21 Pineville home (L) 20 - 26 
Aug 27, 21 East Ridge at Belfry (L) 26 - 40 Click Pike County Bowl
Sep 3, 21 Prestonsburg away (L) 8 - 12 
Sep 10, 21 Hurley, VA away (W) 48 - 6 
Sep 17, 21 Tug Valley (Williamson), WV home (W) 1 - 0 - COVID Cancelation 
Sep 24, 21 Betsy Layne home (L) 12 - 32 
Oct 1, 21 Pike County Central home (L) 0 - 1 - COVID Cancelation 
Oct 7, 21 Hazard away (L) 6 - 46 
Oct 15, 21 Pikeville away (L) 0 - 49 
Oct 22, 21 Sayre home (L) 8 - 41 
Oct 29, 21 Tolsia (Fort Gay), WV away (W) 28 - 14 

Pikeville (9-2)
Aug 20, 21 Paintsville home (W) 43 - 21 
Aug 28, 21 Bourbon County home (W) 1 - 0 - Pike County Bow COVID Cancelation 
Sep 3, 21 Letcher County Central away (W) 48 - 7 
Sep 10, 21 Wheelersburg, OH away (W) 20 - 7 
Sep 17, 21 Belfry away (W) 29 - 0 ARH Bowl 
Sep 24, 21 Lexington Christian away (L) 14 - 31 
Oct 1, 21 Madison Central away (L) 19 - 21 
Oct 8, 21 Sayre home (W) 43 - 7 
Oct 15, 21 Phelps home (W) 49 - 0 
Oct 22, 21 Hazard away (W) 17 - 0 
Oct 29, 21 Castlewood, VA home (W) 1 - 0 - (forfeit)

Thoughts?
Not a question of who is going to win this game as Pikeville will roll. Panthers just have to avoid injury and keep focus on next step and not overlook anyone
Pikeville big and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Pikeville varsity gets the running clock and the JV add a couple more. The Hornets leave with "goose eggs".
I think you are getting ready to see one of the most dominate playoff runs we have seen in a while. Gonna be FEW goose egg games if the defense keeps showing up. Panthers look FOCUSED
[-] The following 2 users Like Hambley's post:
  • Gus McCrae, jetpilot
If Pikeville coach and staff had their druthers, I'm sure they would prefer a more solid opponent in this game. No reflection on Phelps because it is what it is.  Pikeville will need to stay focused and avoid injuries if at all possible. Look for the young Panthers to get much pt as a running clock ticks away.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Gus McCrae
(10-31-2021, 06:26 PM)Hambley Wrote: I think you are getting ready to see one of the most dominate playoff runs we have seen in a while. Gonna be FEW goose egg games if the defense keeps showing up. Panthers look FOCUSED
I agree, Pikeville is on a mission.
Pikeville 42-0
Heard this game is on Thursday at 7 instead of the regular Friday at 7:30 but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
It is Patriot. They moved it up to Thursday at 7
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Sounds like a trip to Hazard Friday night to scout for Pikeville.
(11-01-2021, 05:48 PM)bac2369 Wrote: Sounds like a trip to Hazard Friday night to scout for Pikeville.
I don’t know if that’s true but it would not be a bad idea. Probably will have the film of the game by Saturday anyway bac2369 these teams share film every day. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
(11-01-2021, 06:14 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 05:48 PM)bac2369 Wrote: Sounds like a trip to Hazard Friday night to scout for Pikeville.
I don’t know if that’s true but it would not be a bad idea. Probably will have the film of the game by Saturday anyway bac2369 these teams share film every day. As always GO PANTHERS!!!

True.. I’m an in person guy myself. Technology has took the hands on out of it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bac2369's post:
  • Patriot1
Another pointless round 1 match up...
Pikevillllllllllllle
Game Day!!!
It’s game day Panthers and it starts tonight. You guys have set your goals now it’s time to work for them. True football season is on us now and there is no time for breaks,it’s time to do your jobs and play 100 % every play even in tonight’s game because f you do it tonight you will do it in the next game and it will catch you in a place you guys don’t want to be. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Let's go Pikeville. This may not be the stiff competition this team needs but it's game day and you play whoever is across the scrimmage line. Play as you've been trained to do in every game and that will get you to Kroger Field !
[-] The following 2 users Like Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Gus McCrae, Patriot1
Panthers lead Phelps 7-0 after 1.

Pikeville not playing so well to start
Pikeville up 7-0 after the 1st Quarter...a few weeks ago they were beating Phelps 35-0 after 1 quarter.
Pikeville doing what we all thought they would do, but phelps is really showing some  heart. They’re always up for a chance to play.
Pikeville’s passing game just hasn’t looked great all season. Been some great plays and passes, but as a whole it hasn’t been up to expectation. There’s going to be a game or two in these playoffs where Pikeville is going to need the passing game to make some plays.
Give me #11 for Phelps on my team. I love that kid. Pretty sure he use to be 66 earlier in the season when Betsy Layne played him.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Twice now Phelps has stopped Pikeville in their own territory... 14-0 Pikeville with 7 mins left in the half.

Phelps come to play.
Lockhart takes the sweep to the house... 21-0 Pikeville 4 mins left in the half.
28-0 Pikeville at halftime

You gotta tip your cap to Phelps for that first half
#BBFL
28-0 Pikeville
Half

Not the greatest effort from Pikeville overall in that first half. It's somewhat expected with the colder weather and lining up against a opponent you beat the brakes off of just a few weeks ago.

Hats off though to Phelps. They come to play and made some nice plays on defense and didn't allow many broken tackles. Coaches had their guys in the right spots to make plays. Pikeville is just WAY too talented for Phelps to handle every play.
Pikeville has to play better from here on out or they could be going home early like last season.

Fortunately they have a phenomenal defense especially for a Class A school. The offense just is what it is...the offense definitely hasn't improved any this season in my opinion...and the play calling has been been dismal to put it nicely.
[-] The following 2 users Like PHSFAN's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, Patriot1
(11-04-2021, 09:46 PM)PHSFAN Wrote: Pikeville has to play better from here on out or they could be going home early like last season.

Fortunately they have a phenomenal defense especially for a Class A school.  The offense just is what it is...the offense definitely hasn't improved any this season in my opinion...and the play calling has been been dismal to put it nicely.

The passing game is really the craziest thing to me. Great oline, good receiving core, and a QB with D1 offers and it’s overthrow after overthrow and these receivers are no where close to the balls. It’s like they aren’t on the same page whatsoever
#BBFL