Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Wayne County
0%
Corbin
100.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne County @ Corbin 11/05
Wayne County vs Corbin 1st Round Playoffs

Wayne County (4-6)
Aug 20, 21 Clinton County home (W) 42 - 6 
Aug 27, 21 N/A home (L) 0 - 1 - COVID Cancelation - RPI per policy (vs. Pulaski County)
Sep 3, 21 Adair County home (W) 23 - 20 
Sep 10, 21 Open 0 - 0 
Sep 17, 21 McCreary Central home (W) 34 - 6 
Sep 24, 21 Warren East home (L) 7 - 24 
Oct 1, 21 Casey County home (W) 21 - 14 
Oct 8, 21 Lincoln County away (L) 0 - 29 
Oct 15, 21 Knox Central home (L) 10 - 21 
Oct 22, 21 Corbin away (L) 0 - 42 
Oct 29, 21 North Laurel away (L) 12 - 27 

Corbin (10-0)
Aug 20, 21 Christ School (Arden), NC home (W) 35 - 21 Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic
Aug 27, 21 Whitley County away (W) 45 - 0 First Priority Bowl 
Sep 3, 21 Franklin County home (W) 27 - 7 
Sep 10, 21 Pulaski County away (W) 49 - 6 
Sep 17, 21 Somerset home (W) 52 - 6 
Sep 24, 21 Open 0 - 0 
Oct 1, 21 Simon Kenton home (W) 56 - 24 
Oct 8, 21 Knox Central away (W) 56 - 0 
Oct 15, 21 Lincoln County away (W) 42 - 21 
Oct 22, 21 Wayne County home (W) 42 - 0 
Oct 29, 21 Campbell County away (W) 40 - 10 

Thoughts?
I wish teams would play the opposite district in first round again. It gives you someone new to watch. Also baring the rare huge upset, you’re basically playing teams who you have destroyed in the previous few weeks.
[-] The following 3 users Like Corbin's post:
  • #55PirateFan, BEChargers, Hound05
I look for another conservative approach in all honesty. Got to keep everyone healthy for the heavyweight fights approaching.

Corbin 42
Wayne County 00
Corbin is the best offensive team in 4A my prediction speaks for itself.

Corbin 56
Wayne County 07
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
Wayne moves the ball up and down the field against the bend, don't break Corbin D and maybe gets a freak score but probably not. Hounds probably win by 7 scores. These first two games are mere formalities before Corbin-JC square off.
(10-31-2021, 01:06 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Wayne moves the ball  up and down the field against the bend, don't break Corbin D and maybe gets a freak score but probably not. Hounds probably win by 7 scores. These first two games are mere formalities before Corbin-JC square off.

Thats right Old Schoo, I like our resistance a little better than the other teams have. That will keep us honest.
Redhounds name the score! Just hope and pray there are no injuries!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!
Corbin
Corbin's 2nd round game has potential. I would be cautious about calling it a formality, especially if Lincoln beats Knox.
Hounds all day!
(10-31-2021, 03:36 PM)OldBallCoach1 Wrote: Corbin's 2nd round game has potential. I would be cautious about calling it a formality, especially if Lincoln beats Knox.

I remember you previous post about Lincoln upsetting Corbin. To be continued........
(10-31-2021, 03:44 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(10-31-2021, 03:36 PM)OldBallCoach1 Wrote: Corbin's 2nd round game has potential. I would be cautious about calling it a formality, especially if Lincoln beats Knox.

I remember you previous post about Lincoln upsetting Corbin. To be continued.....

I'm not predicting a Lincoln upset. I'm simply saying that to call the potential 2nd round game a "formality" is not very wise. Especially considering that their team has won 4 of their final 5. Will Corbin beat them? Most likely. But it will be a war, as it has been every time the two teams play.
(10-31-2021, 05:40 PM)OldBallCoach1 Wrote:

I remember you previous post about Lincoln upsetting Corbin. To be continued.....

I'm not predicting a Lincoln upset. I'm simply saying that to call the potential 2nd round game a "formality" is not very wise. Especially considering that their team has won 4 of their final 5. Will Corbin beat them? Most likely. But it will be a war, as it has been every time the two teams play.
You could honestly say the same for the top 3 teams in 4A. Corbin vs Lincoln, Johnson central vs LCC, and Boyle vs Lex Cath. All three will hopefully advance but it may be a dog fight in the 1st quarter or so with the opposition fighting harder than they have all season.
(10-31-2021, 05:40 PM)OldBallCoach1 Wrote:

Actually last year in the playoffs, I wouldn't call that a war. I'm giving you some heck OldballCoach1, I know how good Lincoln is. They always play Corbin tuff. Its just one of those things. I look forward to seeing if our defense (Coach Greer) changes up things to take care of business a little better in that one. Honestly, we have the personel to make it very hard on a team. Old Schoo aint disrespecting Lincoln either, he knows how good they are.
I hate the district playoff format. That being said, would Johnson Central and Corbin have to meet in the quarterfinals this season?
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • BEChargers
(10-31-2021, 11:15 PM)jamesclay Wrote: I hate the district playoff format. That being said, would Johnson Central and Corbin have to meet in the quarterfinals this season?

It is going to happen JamesClay. Corbin vs Johnson Central rematch of last years 3rd round playoff game. If both teams advance. Smile
(10-31-2021, 11:18 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(10-31-2021, 11:15 PM)jamesclay Wrote: I hate the district playoff format. That being said, would Johnson Central and Corbin have to meet in the quarterfinals this season?

It is going to happen JamesClay. Corbin vs Johnson Central rematch of last years 3rd round playoff game. If both teams advance. Smile

It looks like it will be in Corbin which is a great place for a game. I may have to go to that one. I want to be there when hearts are broken.  Smile
(10-31-2021, 11:33 PM)jamesclay Wrote:

It looks like it will be in Corbin which is a great place for a game. I may have to go to that one. I want to be there when hearts are broken.  Smile

I bet you don't come Big Grin
Corbin 49-7

You'll be on here whining .
Corbin big.
(11-01-2021, 12:36 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

You misspelled winning.
(11-01-2021, 09:18 AM)jamesclay Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 12:36 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

You misspelled winning.

I'm a spelling bee champion. You'll be in here whining like I said.
(10-31-2021, 12:13 PM)Corbin Wrote: I wish teams would play the opposite district in first round again. It gives you someone new to watch. Also baring the rare huge upset, you’re basically playing teams who you have destroyed in the previous few weeks.
I like the ranking system. But I wish they would have left the cross district as well. 

as for this game, I don’t care if we win 3 to 0!! Our offense can score points. I want to see our defense get some fire back in them. I’m talking about the crazy guy on COPS who just smoked some bug spray, flying around, off the walls, CRAZY! But….. a little more on the focused side hah. That’s probably a bad reference and horrible taste for HS kids, but damn!! It’s like watching curling on the Winter Olympics these past few games. If they want to be champions, play like it. This arm tackling, trying to push him down, blown coverage, pouting on the sidelines, primadonna attitude is old. And it’s a small minority of them, I know that. But there are ways others can take it in their own hands…..

I wouldn’t mind mind seeing the offense open it up some and get some timing down. It don’t take bear Bryant to figure out you can’t just some into one single game out of 14 and try to Hal Mumme it. I’ve said it before, there’s only so many sets, plays, etc. a team can run. Why hide it? You’ve got the talent to compete with anyone. Run it, get it down, and dare them to stop you. 

Gonna have to take an aspirin after thinking about all of that. Haha
[-] The following 3 users Like Hound05's post:
  • 64SUR, Bossdaddy 4115, Bull got out!
(11-01-2021, 11:45 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(10-31-2021, 12:13 PM)Corbin Wrote: I wish teams would play the opposite district in first round again. It gives you someone new to watch. Also baring the rare huge upset, you’re basically playing teams who you have destroyed in the previous few weeks.
I like the ranking system. But I wish they would have left the cross district as well. 

as for this game, I don’t care if we win 3 to 0!! Our offense can score points. I want to see our defense get some fire back in them. I’m talking about the crazy guy on COPS who just smoked some bug spray, flying around, off the walls, CRAZY! But….. a little more on the focused side hah. That’s probably a bad reference and horrible taste for HS kids, but damn!! It’s like watching curling on the Winter Olympics these past few games. If they want to be champions, play like it. This arm tackling, trying to push him down, blown coverage, pouting on the sidelines, primadonna attitude is old. And it’s a small minority of them, I know that. But there are ways others can take it in their own hands…..

I wouldn’t mind mind seeing the offense open it up some and get some timing down. It don’t take bear Bryant to figure out you can’t just some into one single game out of 14 and try to Hal Mumme it. I’ve said it before, there’s only so many sets, plays, etc. a team can run. Why hide it? You’ve got the talent to compete with anyone. Run it, get it down, and dare them to stop you. 

Big Grin You have cracked me up. Preach it brother! Maybe you need to do us a pregame speech! Constructive criticism is what they definitely need right now! Go Redhounds!
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR, Hound05
(11-02-2021, 12:08 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Big Grin You have cracked me up. Preach it brother! Maybe you need to do us a pregame speech! Constructive criticism is what they definitely need right now! Go Redhounds!
Shewwwww.  We need to take donations to bring Greg Taylor in or some dang fireworks or something. Might just go to the track and start passing out Hershey Kiss valentines! Hopefully that’ll piss them off. I know they got in them. Unleash the beast. Fingers crossed, they’ll start clicking again!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-02-2021, 10:03 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 12:08 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

:D You have cracked me up. Preach it brother! Maybe you need to do us a pregame speech! Constructive criticism is what they definitely need right now! Go Redhounds!
Shewwwww.  We need to take donations to bring Greg Taylor in or some dang fireworks or something. Might just go to the track and start passing out Hershey Kiss valentines! Hopefully that’ll piss them off. I know they got in them. Unleash the beast. Fingers crossed, they’ll start clicking again!!

I hate to post to much, man but I am ready to see the team we have been programmed by advertisement to have. Now is the time, put up or shut up. If we have 6 4.5 and better type kids teams cant defend that so show it, if we have a defense that can go in shut you down, play it. The only other thing i would like to see would be the passion from coaches and players that spoiled us and gave us hope like we had in 17 and 18. I want to see a pissed of Greer on the sideline coaching his heart out, the one that near perfection wasn’t good enough. I want to see our staff fired up and motivating players, keeping them dialed in and playing beyond there abilities. I want to see a thin ice mentality, you do it or set your butt over here and cheer on your team. Heck start with mine, push him and motivate to get that extra 5-10 percent out of him, I think that may have all he has in his reserve. Don’t hold it against him if he calls someone out, or his dad makes two post a week of a forum, push him for excellence I do. In life sometimes your best still isn’t enough, but if your not giving it your best you can have a lifetime or regrets that you cant get back.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Hound05, TD Hounds
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • 606CATS
(11-02-2021, 11:08 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

A red storm is moving in to carry all  your good players back to Goldbug where they belong.
Theres definately a Red Storm coming!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • 606CATS